Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat

Default Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat

There's a fellow at another forum selling this game for $50. What can you guys tell me about it?
    If it's ok, I will post the link.
    that is all.

It's an NES game, and it's on eBay with $25-30 BIN.
    Be Attitude For Gains!

It wasn't released on the Genesis but it is an arcade port.

Basically imagine Super Off Road/Super Sprint but in indy cars and tracks having lots of detail in oval type courses. The original game was made by Leland who also did Super Off Road and presumably used the same engine.

ok...It's the genesis version (Why would I ask a genesis site about an nes game?).
    I assume it's just a packaged rom dump and the guy didn't get permission from the original trademark owners?
    that is all.

OP, you're talking about a reproduction of an unreleased Sega game. It's done by some very well known repro enthusiasts. I'm guess I can't link to it because of recent rules but it's SegaAge, correct?

It's a so-so racing game that shares a fair bit in common with games like Super Sprint and Super Off Road...

It does feature the Nice Work Guy in his earlier years though, before he became famous on OCR.

On a side note, I saw the thread title as "Danny Sullivan's In Heat" for a moment and thought, Uh, oooooookay. Thanks for telling us?

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS), Fantasy Zone (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done: R-Type, Ninja Gaiden, Rastan, Gods, Sagaia

I saw it on Atariage.
    that is all.

I'm a orange werewolf!!! Road Rasher Sly Wolf's Avatar
    If you discovered me, I will rip you apart...

I have NES version of it, it can be played with four players hook up. I found it very weird that it worth money, because I paid buck for it.

P.S. Mr.Smith, your guts is STILL mine! As a orange werewolf, I should rip out your guts the most painful way that you'll ever imagine! I guarantee this will happen one day! I should eat it like a king.

It's a reproduction of an unreleased proto owned by Dreamtr. The game was sent to Matt and I, we dumped it, and reproduced 50 copies of it. The game is very fun and the graphics are significantly better than the NES version. Very nice port of the arcade game, I highly recommend grabbing one before they sell out.

goddA jaAm SAmmmm Road Rasher mugenmidget's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark0673 View Post
    It's a reproduction of an unreleased proto owned by Dreamtr. The game was sent to Matt and I, we dumped it, and reproduced 50 copies of it. The game is very fun and the graphics are significantly better than the NES version. Very nice port of the arcade game, I highly recommend grabbing one before they sell out.
    Sounds cool, any plans to release a ROM after they're all sold? Do you know if it supports 4 players like the NES version? The reproduction looks nice, wish I could afford it at the moment.

Click the banner above to visit our channel, follow us on Twitch TV or Twitter (http://twitter.com/mugenmidget) to know when we're live!

Wildside Expert

I'd like to know that too but to me it's sounding a bit like they only borrowed the prototype from DreamTR and thus can't release a dump...

In any event, is the artwork entirely yours, yours but based off another port's, or the official thing? And do you have any more information on this prototype (like whether or not it was done exclusively by Tradewest or not, when, and why it was cancelled)?
    Last edited by andlabs; 07-21-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    Sega Retro a wiki I help run that's dedicated to documenting everything Sega from the old electromechanical games to today's video games

Is there any video footage of the Genesis version available?
    Review in Progress -

Next on the Review List -

Currently Playing For the Beat 'Em All List -

Sports Talker

I'm definitely interested but am awaiting admin appoval on Atari Age so that I can send DreamTR a msg. Any chance anyone here can relay a message for me in the meantime before they run out?

j_factor dislikes name! Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andlabs View Post
    I'd like to know that too but to me it's sounding a bit like they only borrowed the prototype from DreamTR and thus can't release a dump...
    What if the reproduction was brought and dumped?

Quote Originally Posted by Naevax View Post
    I'm definitely interested but am awaiting admin appoval on Atari Age so that I can send DreamTR a msg. Any chance anyone here can relay a message for me in the meantime before they run out?
    You can contact him through NintendoAge, SegaAge, or Digitalpress if you are a member of any of those forums.

As a few of you have asked, the proto didn't belong to me so I don't know if a ROM dump is possible at the current time. I will say that there is a distinct chance it would be released after the game is sold out, and you can also check out all of the proto ROMs I've been releasing all summer in the mean time.

I created the artwork based on the NES version's front graphics, and the back text was taken directly from the prototype box. As far as I know, this game was created exclusively by Tradewest, and neither Dream nor myself know hwy it went unreleased.

These have been selling quite well since being listed on Gamesniped, don't miss a chance at placing an order!

Thread Information