Quantcast

Page 1 of 91 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Default Introduce Yourself!

I'm Melf, the guy who runs Sega-16. I also post a lot on the Digital Press, Got-Next, and TNL boards. Nice to see everyone and I hope you stick around!

Also, please take the time to read the board FAQ, so that you know what is acceptable and what isn't. Thanks!

I am bahn...I manage GotNext and serve as Melf's wonderful assistant in making Sega-16 an even more kickass place than it already is. All donations welcome and encouraged!

Death Adder's minion LiquidSnake's Avatar

Hola! Yo soy LiquidSnake I post regularly on the Retrogaming Roundtable, ASSEMbler Forums (as LiquidPolicenaut) and on TNL. I run the Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine website and started a small MSN group devoted to the Sega CD....all from my my place in glorious NYC! (ok, not SO glorious, but still nice lol). Yup....that's all for now!

Names JFLY and I like anything Sega (which is why I signed up, btw) -- Sega arcade, consoles, portables and what not. I play every type of game except for sports games -- I can't stand them (but I do enjoy a good golf game)! These days I play mostly of 2D fighters, h & v shmups, and platformers.
    Thanks for creating a great site Melf and bahn!

Vinny here. Writer of reviews, sneder of articles, and overall idiot who barely posts most days, and posts 5 times in 4 minutes on other days.

The regulars should know who I am.
    The pretentious bastard that can guess your age based on what you think of Donkey Kong Country.

Hooligans of the Night...Eat, Game, and be Merry
    The Game Collection

Hey, Sega Uranus is in da house (real name is Cory Adcock)

Anyways, I am named after my project of mixing

-a Genesis
    -a S CD
    -a 32X
    -a Saturn
    -a MasterSystem
    -a GameGear (which is pretty much a MS)
    -and a Dreamcast

Into one unit, all while using limited space, and 1 power supply!

I also post on cd-helper.com as Sega_Uranus

I also will review more!

Death Adder's minion theevilfunkster's Avatar

theevilfunkster here. I pretty much like everything to do with Sega. I'll play most types of games but I'm into my shmups and fighters more than anything else.

Ryosnk ready to enjoy in some sega forum fun! I'm a huge sega fan from their software to their hardware.

Raging in the Streets

Hi, I'm Elusive. I'm a lurker on the DigitPress forums, but I'm a fairly active member of the Sonic the Hedgehog research community - you can often find me at Simon Wai's Sonic 2 Beta or Sonic CulT. I'm fond of ancient and more recent classic gaming - think mid-eighties to early nineties - buuut, I'd rather be known as a Sega loyalist, as opposed to fanboy. I love the Sparkster and OutRun series of games, and I'll try to chip into a conversation wherever possible.

Oh, and I'm English, in case you haven't noticed by now. =P

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

I'm the resident know-it-all j_factor. I post on a few other forums, and have written a whopping one review here, despite always saying I'll write hella more. I'm an opinionated bastard, but I'm full of love. No really.

I guess I'm here simply because Genesis is my favorite system, full stop. Not for anything specific, I just think it has more worthwhile games than any other system. And while SNES is a good system, I think most people who prefer it just haven't explored the Genny library enough -- the Genny's classics tend to be more "hidden". I get that feeling because whenever I get into one of those lame internet "listing match" style arguments with an SNES devotee, the response is always "I haven't heard of half those games".
    Uhm. Woo, tangent.

Aaaaaaanyway, I've been here a few months now, and I like y'guys, so I'll be hangin around. And I'm from California, which I occasionally make glaringly apparent, like when I say "hella".

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

I'm Dyldo, I hang out over at SegaXtreme. I ran into melf over there posting about his new website awhile back. I checked it out, liked it, joined the forum, wrote a review of EWJ SE.

Next thing I know the forum changes and now I had to make a new account. So here I am introducing myself once again. You all probably don't know me though. Soon you will!

MuWAhahahahahaha ::achoo:: heh, heh, uhhh. Damn that dust in the air.

Das war der Hammer.

Wildside Expert

Better late than never. Born in 1973. Currently an Electronics Design Engineer. Electronics has been my labor of love since... well when I was a kid. Too bad videogames had to come about and stray my discipline away, eh. I hate the Game Gear. Worst screen ever. Sorry.

My attraction to Sega I'm sure isn't unlike others. I favor pick up n play arcade games (hence why my NEO GEO is my #1 platform ever) but I really felt that the Genesis platform was > TG16 and even the SNES. Its raw Mustang-like power had so many of the games I appreciated most. On the Genesis, I favor schmups mostly followed by brawlers and RPG's.

First got a Gen 1 Genesis in Dec 1989, Gen 1 Sega CD in 1992, and Gen 1 32X in 1994. I plan on expanding my Genny collection in the coming year but for now, I own:
    52 Genesis Cart games, with only a few that are loose.
    15 Sega CD games
    5 32X games
    Sega Nomad

The Sega Genesis platform is my 2nd most favorite platform ever, but certainly the most played. The NES is my 3rd favorite platform. What is my 1st fav platform? NEO GEO definately.

I post as Electroman on the www.neo-geo.com forums.

I am very interested in contributing what I can to this fine website that Melf made, and feel fortunate to have found it so early in its life. Look forward to submitting reviews and discussion alike.

TTUL-

My user & real name is Vicman,

I post here because it's a site dedicated to a system I loved and played to death during my teenaged years, and the fact that the people seem easygoing enough for my tastes (let alone the frontpage content). You see I don't post anywhere else for the mere fact that most gaming and nongaming forums are full of too much BS. I find pointless bickering and infighting to be mindnumbingly tiring and am too old for it anymore. I sure do lurk alot at gaming-age, warchant.com, and buccaneers.com however as I find it easier/healthier to just read and not get myself personally involved. Also a long time ago, more like 3 years, I used to be a supermod at TXB, and then I was a supermod/news editor at a small, but now dead, site called NGG. I wasted a ton of time, good and bad, at those places and am glad to have moved on.

My favorite types of games are sports and action games but I enjoy all genres and don't limit myself in my gaming experiences. My two biggest loves are video games and sports, combining the two has always been my favorite pasttime, with G.I. Joe 3&3/4th collecting a distant 3rd. I have a thing for beautiful hand drawn 2-D graphics as well as ultra realistic 3-D gaming, as I believe in fully enjoying gaming's past, present, and future.

Hey, I'm IronKnux. I love Sega as a whole... but classic Sega is definitely the greatest. As you can probably tell by my name, I love Knuckles. One time I even grew dreads and died them red and was Knuckles for halloween. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures...

I love to write. I've won awards in my school and in community use programs for my short stories and poetry. I also have a passion for piano and soprano saxophone.

Back to Sega. I own a Genesis, and Game Gear, and a Dreamcast. I have 26 games for Genesis, 6 for Game Gear, and 35 for Dreamcast. I'm not much of a collector, but I really love reading about Sega and I believe their games are fun as anything and chock full of quality and creativity.

Thread Information