Quantcast

View Poll Results: I wish the next Mega Drive fan translation will be...

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes

6 17.14%
  • Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes II

3 8.57%
  • Lord Monarch

3 8.57%
  • Vixen 357

11 31.43%
  • Record of Bahamut War

1 2.86%
  • Yu Yu Hakusho Gaiden

4 11.43%
  • Tiger Hunter Hero Novel (Chinese)

0 0%
  • Heroic Legends of Sealing Gods (Chinese)

2 5.71%
  • Ya-Se Chuan Shuo (Chinese)

1 2.86%
  • Other (please specify)

4 11.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Japanese Mega Drive RPG do you wish had a fan translation patch?

Megadrive Which foreign Mega Drive game do you wish had a fan translation patch?

Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water just had a fan translation patch released. It's totally awesome and I will definitely buy the game and play the patched ROM on my flash cart. I think I read the guy who did it actually picked it at random after looking at a list of wanted Mega Drive translations. That got me thinking...

What text heavy game would you rather see translated next time? Maybe he or someone else picks his next project with some more care, if this is seen or linked to romhacking.net . Surging Aura and Rent A Hero are already in high demand and worked on, and Sorcerian and Madou Monogatari are also hopefully coming soon, so I left out those. Maten no Soumetsu may be done by Super Fighter Team since the owner of the game is the same as for Blue Almanac, so I left it out as well.
    Last edited by Zebbe; 07-22-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Banned by Administrators

I honestly cant think of anything that I truly feel like we're missing. Theres some shit here or there but, nothing that I feel anyone is missing.

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Maten no Soumetsu done by SFT.... that would be cool. It definately looks better than SO, so if they already have business relations... why not?

As I see it, these are the interesting RPGs/strategy RPGs remaining on the MD:

Surging Aura
    Rent a Hero
    Madou Monogatari
    Maten no Soumetsu
    Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes
    Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes II
    Vixen 357
    Ninja Burai Densetsu

Being a Langrisser nut, my vote goes to Vixen.

EDIT: Did not think of the Chinese ones. Vixen is still no.1, but Ya Se, Shuihuzhuan and Divine Sealing would rock too.

Banned by Administrators

108 I think Surging Aura's battle system is impossable to translate without a complete asm hack and redesign of the menu. There is no space for translated text what so ever. Legend of heroes games have been retranslated on plenty of other systems also.

Wildside Expert

What are Tiger Hunter Hero Novel and Heroic Legend of Stealing Gods? I only know the Chinese names...

Maten no Soumetsu appears to have been done only by Kodansha Research Institute, while Blue Almanac was done by both KRI and HOT-B... Unless KRI was only a publisher?

While I was wanting to do Star Cruiser next I could definitely spend some time looking at what games you all would like to see and trying those out after finishing MMI. I'm not a Japanese translator — I can only do the technical work of the translation.
    Sega Retro — a wiki I help run that's dedicated to documenting everything Sega from the old electromechanical games to today's video games

Lord Monarch and Vixen for me. Vixen has such a kickass intro, and Lord Monarch looks like a really fun strat RPG.

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    108 I think Surging Aura's battle system is impossable to translate without a complete asm hack and redesign of the menu. There is no space for translated text what so ever. Legend of heroes games have been retranslated on plenty of other systems also.
    But there is a full French translation of the game since last year. So they must have squeezed the translated menue texts in somehow....I´ll have to check it out.

@andlabs
    Tiger Hunter Hero Novel = Shuihuzhuan
    Heroic Legend of Stealing Gods = Feng something

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by 108 Stars View Post
    But there is a full French translation of the game since last year. So they must have squeezed the translated menue texts in somehow....I´ll have to check it out.

@andlabs
    Tiger Hunter Hero Novel = Shuihuzhuan
    Heroic Legend of Stealing Gods = Feng something
    Or they just only translated the battle description short cuts. Because in battle everything is just 1 symbol Kanji. You had'd have to fight a whole word into a tiny circle..... It would be like trying to fit the whole word Fight into a circle thats only big enough to fit F into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBWsqREVHb0 around a minute into the video.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

What I wouldn't give for the entire Dragon Slayer series to make it over here in hard copy and translated. I chose Part 1 because it was the first in line (but what happened Sorcerian? Is it because of the MS DOS version we got?). In general, any RPG that makes the Genny's library stronger (in English and in hard copy), is a welcome addition for me.

...Wait a second. Is this a test survey from WaterMelon to get one of these babies translated?

Actually, I'm not much for RPGs, so I'd rather see a translation for Panorama Cotton. It should be quicker since it's not text heavy like an RPG, and would hit a larger audience.

But Panorama Cotton is pretty easy to play without English, from what I remember. It'd be interesting to think of a non-RPG Megadrive game that needs a translation before we can play it. Any ideas?

Vixen 357!

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

I voted for Heroic Legend because it's one of those games that would be useful to shut up snes fanboys .
    Besides that Vixen 357 for sure.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Rent A Hero is the one I am most interested, but if that's being worked on already (not counting the unfinished translation, that is), then I would like to see any of the Falcom games translated, especially the Legend of Heroes games.

The special-needs snowman Raging in the Streets Olls's Avatar

Vixen, even though it's a strategy game and not an RPG.
    In the case of other: Dyna Brothers 2.

Thread Information