Quantcast

Thread: Battlecorps

Thumbs up Battlecorps

Core Design really knew how to make the Sega CD sing, and a great example of that skill is the mech FPS Battletech. Big robots with lots of firepower are always cool, and this game does a good job of making the idea playable with a 16-bit control scheme. Read our full review for more details. Lock and load!

Huh, that's quite timely. Picked this up two days ago and was scouting around for a review. I was impressed with how smooth the 3D effect is and how intuitive controlling the mech was. Bravo to Core!

Raging in the Streets A Black Falcon's Avatar

Yeah, Battlecorps is a great game, one of the better games on the Sega CD probably... I'd put it at a close second to SoulStar for Core's games, but it's a really great game for sure.

My only criticism is also the lack of saving. It's really annoying. At least the game does have a level-select cheatcode, that helps some, but still... it should have had saving! But yeah, between the great gameplay, graphics, and everything, that's something of a minor point.

Never played Battlecorps or Soulstar either. I'll fix that oversight in the next couple of weeks after reading that review.

Thread Information