Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliminate Down High Score

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Galaga Eliminate Down High Score

Phew... I finally beat this game. I was sooo focused the whole time. I haven't this focus since I beating R-TYPE III, Axelay, and Alien Solider and many more. I well forever remember this game as one those "frustrating games to beat" and I freaking loved ending of this game.

Anyways, here's my score, I only had to use 1 continue out of the 9 they give you. So good luck to everyone else that well try on getting a high score too, cause this was at my 7th attempt at trying to beat this game, lol.

Last edited by Thunderblaze16; 11-12-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Talking

let's show some love to ED and raise the bar, man
    an old high score I got from a while back:

116K or somethin...

IIRC for every extra life you have when you beat the game you get a bonus.
    a no-death run should result in a much higher score, I remember I died a lot in the credit above.
    Last edited by Kollision; 11-10-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Damn you! Now the urge to playing is coming back, good things I know the patterns now, but the tank on stage 7-2 is still a bitch with its lasers lol.

What are you playing it on anyways? :P
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

I played it on my shiny Japanese MD.

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

[QUOTE=Thunderblaze16;402789What are you playing it on anyways? :P[/QUOTE]
    Kollision always plays on total default unless default is Easy, where he'll set it to Normal or if none exists Hard (eg Hellfire), or when a a later localisation has taken it down a notch, such as one or two of the Takumi-Capcom shooters of the DC era, where he'll revert it to 'Arcade' difficulty. This is all derived from his own text.

--I might get in on this, how many levels are there?

There 8 big challenging lvls, each has a mini boss with a HUGE boss at the end. Also each Round, aka lvls, have 2 soundtracks, (one begins in the beginning of the round [derp], while the next track is played after defeating the mini boss.

WARNING: you wanna be at LEAST powered up to lvl 2 upgrade on Rounds 3 and 6 cause those places throw the enemies out of fucking everywhere and you wanna have as much gun fire as possible, lol.

BTW, you WELL die MANY times cause this game has patterns and obstacles that have to be very carefully remembered to be avoided, (which is why I love this game so MUCH!), you been warn...

I just don't know how to use the main/forward weapon: when it gets powered up to a certain point it spreads out so much it becomes effectively weaker, I can't kill anything in front of me, so I die on the second boss. If it weren't for that I could reach the lv 5 descent to the boss on 1 life every time. I don't know about after that though.
    It's all irrelevant anyway, Kollision'll come back with a perfect clear tomorrow, or a 2-7 if this game loops.

I also wanna add that when you spot a little spinning robot, shoot it and it well drop you either a "B" which is your shield or "E" which well increase the power of your middle gun fire. Get 3 "E's" and your middle gun fire well turn into a Strong laser that can take down things pretty quick.

WTF

Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    It's all irrelevant anyway, Kollision'll come back with a perfect clear tomorrow, or a 2-7 if this game loops.
    Hahaha thanks for the vote of faith, my friend, but I don't think I'll be able to play it so soon. It will certainly be the next MD game I'll (re)play though.
    And a 1LC would be sweet, but as Thunderblaze put it it's pretty hard to get.

Bump.

I'll have a score w/in a week. Let's just be sure of the settings. NORMAL, 5 lives, Continues Allowed/Irrelevant (because they don't break the scoring system, which is excellent). I'm not sure I could finish this game on Hard; the levels gain interest but the boss fights just feel endless.

By all means append a new score if you've one; if you've been too engrossed in other games meanwhile I'd suggest some emulation practice beforehand, as I've had it. Besides, Kollision might always join in.

Also, sorry about not having answered the following answer to my own post, that was pointlessly rude--and I do try to keep my rudeness pointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    I also wanna add that when you spot a little spinning robot, shoot it and it well drop you either a "B" which is your shield or "E" which well increase the power of your middle gun fire. Get 3 "E's" and your middle gun fire well turn into a Strong laser that can take down things pretty quick.
    That laser was exactly my gripe: enemies and destructible bullets fly in round it. It also adds some irritating slowdown against the lv 7 tank's opening section. No idea why since sprites aren't being destroyed. Perhaps there's some small emission one's ship destroys too fast to see whilst dodging.

Count me in!

I can't, I wanna finish P. Star IV before playing arcades again.

while you rest from one of the battles in PS IV you can squeeze an ED credit
    an ED credit takes less than 30 min. huh?

@ TB16 = Post your first score again at least, the image is gone. Text will suffice. Also, were you playing on Normal? And you've been playing Phantasy Star IV awhile now. Wish it'd lasted me that long.

Shit, I deleted my old imgur account and took my image! I have I still have it on my phone, and yes I was playing on normal but I well do HARD for the new high score soon. I just wanna get P.IV over with, lol.

Thread Information