Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliminate Down High Score

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    Shit, I deleted my old imgur account and took my image! I have I still have it on my phone, and yes I was playing on normal but I well do HARD for the new high score soon. I just wanna get P.IV over with, lol.

HARD
    is pretty broken. Enemies and bullets are one thing, slowdown and flicker another.

Anyway here's my Normal entry:

th_eliminatedown011-Copy.jpg

That second digit's a 3. I suck with photos. I got hit 4 or 5 times but didn't die; this is the better of my 1LCs. Can almost do a run w/o getting hit.
    A HARD 1LC probably isn't happening.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post

HARD
    is pretty broken. Enemies and bullets are one thing, slowdown and flicker another.

Anyway here's my Normal entry:

th_eliminatedown011-Copy.jpg

That second digit's a 3. I suck with photos. I got hit 4 or 5 times but didn't die; this is the better of my 1LCs. Can almost do a run w/o getting hit.
    A HARD 1LC probably isn't happening.
    You enjoyed it?
    I love the part were the colorful bubble escapes the ship and a HUGE fire shoots out.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

You enjoyed it?
    I love the part were the colorful bubble escapes the ship and a HUGE fire shoots out.
    Which part would that be? The whole game is colourful and full of fire.
    Well, remember I'm playing this on emulation so the sound is extra tinny and harsh; there are also some samples I can't place, which annoy me on both counts. The first big monster in lv 6 is a cheap chore, I had to reset any number of times from him, and the football midboss in lv 8 is a bit cheap too--especially on Hard, every missile becomes a ghost. I'll never cease to be annoyed that the full 'e' powerup diminishes the forward and the radial weapon (I really like when the radial wp is those iridescent green seedcases), but that may well be intentional. All in all I'd give it a 6, that's a 7 on Normal but minus 1 for the way it labours on Hard. Too bad the mini game doesn't support the lightgun. And for those who own the real thing it does have sweet box and sticker art. 7 still wouldn't be a stretch since the scoring system weighs in lives left and difficulty; however those effectively drown out one's in-game scoring. This is a game that benefits from not looping too, and at least the ending's music is apt. So I'd put it around #10 for MD/G shooters, certainly not below unless BioShip Paladin turns out to be a sleeper.
    I'd be curious to see what you think of BioHazard Battle. You must own that, it's $8 CIB. Or would that price be slumming for you?
    Also be interested to read how you play the ED boss. Dodge inside his fire spray? Likewise the tank.

All your questions well be answered soon. First, I gotta deal with P.IV, I'm at the Final battle and I''m buying tons of dimates.

Btw the tank on ED is pretty easy, I don't think you know the "Behind the wheel" trick.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

I'm going to pull out of the Hard challenge here. Too much of this game for me. Plus you two are much better; if you want some real competition lasso TheCoop.

how come you assume we're better?
    we haven't even posted anything yet!

Yea, and I just finished PHIV.

You well face my score!

Quote Originally Posted by Kollision View Post
    how come you assume we're better?
    we haven't even posted anything yet!
    (1): I assume TB16 didn't practise on emu first to beat the game, which makes him better.
    (2): I suck to a degree that should not be possible for a human that has all the necessary digits and eyes.
    (3): I've read your blog. And it goes something like this: Grindstormer 1cc 2-4 = What the fuck is that? Giga Wing 1LC = Fuck you Edward. Chaos Field 1CC with Max Combo of 7314 = And I'll never play that game again.
    (4): I can't even beat Cotton or Dino Riki.

from Thunderblaze16
    Yea, and I just finished PHIV.
    You well face my score!
    Lad, you need to learn some spelling. Is that 'yea' as in "yea or nay" or 'yeah' as in "yeah right"? Then there's the second sentence.
    >>>
    Back @ Kollision: Hellfire does have "Yea Right", and it has just as much Engrish as Zero Wing. ZW being the only game I cope with you at, maybe we should try that one...but no padding your score with deaths, it's 1LC or nothing.

@ TB = anyhow congratulations on your first RPG triumph. (SNES RPGs don't count).

Thumbs up

Dude that was close!
    As the number kept rising during that final bonus prize I wondered if I would be able to catch you!

Such a wonderful game, one of the best in the genre for the MD.
    The sad thing is that you can milk points forever in some places. I didn't do it in this run though.

... aaaaand I'm done!

You killed that monster at the beginning of lv 6 didn't you? I just dodge him and try not to give myself cause to break my emu controller by dying on a bubble. This is a 1LC right? You couldn't have got that score otherwise. I don't know man, stammed, thought I had this thing won. *sigh*

Yes, it's a 1LC.

I don't think the monster in stage 6 can be killed. As much as I try to use the rear shot against the flock of spermatozoids there seems to be no damageable part whatsoever in it.
    I did collect all power-ups I could. Some of them are a bit tricky, but totally worth it because for every 5 you get 100.000 points. But I'm sure you know that already.

Me too. Just one of the tiny bits that make ED so awesome.

Ok, I well work on my new score on ED once I get back from running.

Btw Kollision and Starmist, we should try Summer Carnival '92 next

Rekka's a good idea. I'm green to this one as well...so guess what the outcome will be? Had been playing it, oh, 6 or 7 weeks ago, but stopped and soon ROM oblivion set in. Very nearly bought a CIB and am regretting not. Had I known how uncommonly cheap it was I probably would have (less than ED JP = cheap). If you're looking to buy it watch out for repros--but you probably know the real thing's Famicom only.
    By the way you might like the Star Soldier games (NES, but most of the 'Soldier' shooters are PCE and Duo), which are one of Rekka's sources. Rekka's the nitroglycerine version.

Ok So I finished again, this time without using any continues, did die only 2 times and was shooting everything that came on the screen. Some how I did WORST than my previous score

Guessing you get the full points if you actually do beat it on hard cause I forgot to set it from normal to hard, lol. Oh well, I ain't playing this for at least a month cause it really wears me off. This was on my first try when I played it though.

Ok So I finished again, this time without using any continues, did die only 2 times and was shooting everything that came on the screen. Some how I did WORST than my previous score

Guessing you get the full points if you actually do beat it on hard cause I forgot to set it from normal to hard, lol. Oh well, I ain't playing this for at least a month cause it really wears me off. This was on my first try when I played it though.
    Baffling. How about photographing the screen prior this where it states how many lives you had remaining. Those are worth 5 million each on Normal. And are you sure the default's not Easy? Anyhow Hard will remind you it's on Hard at the first boss, it's unmistakable.
    --When I first started reading your post I thought it was for Rekka and was going to hawk a throatful of anger and coffee. You are aware there's a second set of stages in that game? (I don't believe it's a loop). Anyhow as I said before I'm terribly rusty at it, but it did go into my Favourite Shmups post. To which Dino Riki should be added.
    Cheers.

Thread Information