Quantcast

Thread: Sega Saturn Import Accessories?

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Default Sega Saturn Import Accessories?

I take it that Stunners aren't region locked? So I can play the Japanese House of the Dead with a US Stunner if I decide to purchase HoTD in the future?

And I can use a Japanese backup cart with a US Console? Because I am anal about controllers and acessories breaking, so I always buy two or more.

Using a PAR 4-1 sucks... I'm sending my system away to be modded.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Yes and Yes, I'm pretty sure.

All you need is a region switch. Are you getting a chip mod?

It makes sense. A Japanese pad is a lot stronger than a US Model 2 pad. I bought a Japanese pad at a local game store, and quite a few where imported, as I've seen around 3 in my area.

As for the mod, I'm getting a region switchless mod. It makes my life a lot easier than dealing with a stupid switch. The Oldschoolgamer charges $70 for one, on any Saturn.

I may get a modchip to back my games up, but the be honest... there's next to nothing that I'd want to pirate. All of the imports I want, or are on the way in the mail are really common on ebay, and only a few can catch $40 at the most. But I'll do that myself, or get my dad to do it.

So I just need money to complete these goals.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

The model 2 US Saturn pads feel really strong to me. Probably stronger than Genesis pads. Maybe you are comparing the Japanese ones to a different type of later Saturn pads, because the Japanese Saturn pads I've felt feel no different except for the fact that some of the plastic isn't texturized.

And you only need to disable the lid switch to play CD-Rs (I refuse to call them "backups").

The swaptrick is a pain in the ass. My Japanese Saturn pad has all of the same texturing than the US Model 2 pad that I have. The Japanese pad has stronger plastic.

Please post a pic of your US Saturn pad if you have the capability. Also, how are you testing the "strength"?

Still not afraid of Y2K Shining Hero Rusty Venture's Avatar

He ties one end of the controller to a wall and the other to his bike, he then pedals as fast & hard as he can untill it breaks.

How long it takes to break dictates how strong the controller is. :

Actually Im looking at the region switchless mod, it looks as easy as the mod chip installation.

http://www.gamesx.com/importmod/saturncon2.htm
    http://www.gamesx.com/importmod/sat_switchless.htm

It's actually not switchless. You have to use the reset button or lid switch.

What if you where playing with real games?

Basicly the system starts in Jap mode then you hold down reset and it goes into US mode. Heres a video:

http://skierscene.com/bong420/derbyhothot/derbyhehe.WMV

Well... my US saturn is getting modded, so it'll start in US, and then I have to press reset to get it in japanese mode?
    Last edited by David J.; 10-22-2006 at 02:07 PM.

Thread Information