Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jungle Strike

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by Bones Justice View Post
    Soviet Strike on the Saturn is the awesome.
    I remember as a kid I rented the PS1 versions a few times. Was never able to make it past that desert stage, as it totally kicked my butt instantly at the very start each time (where you had to follow and protect this armada or something). Next time I'm on a Strike binge, the two 32-Bit sequels are next. My childhood needs avenging.

One strange thing about playing Nuclear as a kid is that I loved the Jet in that game. So I had really high hopes to liking it's equivalent and other vehicles in Jungle Strike years later. Was that ever a letdown.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Sweet bald headed Moses, you weren't joking about those tanks in the snowfields were you? I must have cheated past them BITD They will take your armour from 1000 to 0 in about two seconds if you so much as look at them the wrong way!

There are quite a few hidden resources on this map, including armour repairs, but it almost doesn't matter with how vicious those things are. I managed to get the drop on a few of them with the Hellfires but was shot down at the power lines twice in rapid succession. I think I only had that and one other objective to clear to beat the stage, too.

Manipulating the camera to seal enemies is a big part of the game IMO.

Banned by Administrators

But have you tried listening to this song while taking on those snow tanks?

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Yeah the M1 Abrams tanks in levels 6 and 8 are dangerous bastards and will send you to hell in a few seconds if you aren't fast enough at maneuvering and returning fire. Learn their set patrol routes and hit 'em from behind with everything you've got before their turret has a chance to turn and fire at you.

This is one of my favourite Mega Drive games and certainly one of the best shoot-em-ups on the system. For me Jungle Strike was the best Strike game but there will always be a place in my heart for the utterly brilliant original game Desert Strike.

I think I've got a handle on it now.

You certainly can't front those M1s in Danger Zone mode because of the added armour they get, which is what I was sometimes doing (doh, it's been a while since I've played a Strike game obviously). I had to really stealth it around the power lines to avoid contact with them.

I crashed and burned with no more fuel visible on the map screen trying to close out the last objective, but at least I know how to do this level more efficiently now.

Banned by Administrators

So, it's been awhile. Did you beat it or give up?

I'm afraid not. IIRC I ran out of fuel on the way back to base after completing the objectives, I thought the game would cut me some slack after those murder tanks, but nope. I took too long with the remaining missions and fuel depots were no longer showing on the map, so that was it.

I'll go back to it at some point. Urban Strike is quite a bit easier, and since I played through it after Jungle I beat it in short notice.

Thread Information