Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found a very rare Game Gear Game on Vacation...

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

There's a PAL version with a BIN of $37.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=60406721590
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

What does the price of the PAL or Japanese version of the game have to do with the rarity and price of the North American version?

There can be only one. WCPO Agent synbiosfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark0673 View Post
    What does the price of the PAL or Japanese version of the game have to do with the rarity and price of the North American version?
    This usually happens when someone skims a thread instead of reading it. And they're usually trying to be helpful lol.
    Diabetes sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark0673 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synbiosfan
    This usually happens when someone skims a thread instead of reading it. And they're usually trying to be helpful lol.
    Where in his post does he say anything about the region where this title is considered rare?

From what I understand, there are now 4 or 5 Boxes known to be in existence and is one of the hardest to find Game Gear boxes.
    I posted 2 ebay sales that show the game is somewhat in demand for Japan and Europe. The only North American listings I could find were cart-only, and they were selling dirt cheap.
    Last edited by gamevet; 11-27-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Where in his post does, he say anything about the region where this title is considered rare?
    The pictures were of the US version and that was the version I was referring to. Sorry if you misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by GameMaster600 View Post
    The pictures were of the US version and that was the version I was referring to. Sorry if you misunderstood.
    I didn't misunderstand that you had the US version. The only misunderstanding is that you claimed the game to be rare (with box) but did not really go into great detail about what version of the game was considered rare.

Going by what I see on Ebay, there's nothing to confirm that it's ultra rare, but there is a demand for the 2 versions I found.

According to this website, the game is rare, but it's not so rare that the price will be absurd.

http://www.rarityguide.com/gamegear_...irstRecord=201
    Last edited by gamevet; 11-27-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I didn't misunderstand that you had the US version. The only misunderstanding is that you claimed the game to be rare (with box) but did not really go into great detail about what version of the game was considered rare.

Going by what I see on Ebay, there's nothing to confirm that it's ultra rare, but there is a demand for the 2 versions I found.

According to this website, the game is rare, but it's not so rare that the price will be absurd.

http://www.rarityguide.com/gamegear_...irstRecord=201
    Oh, I'm sorry I didn't specify which version I was referring to when I said it was rare.

I saw that rarity guide and I don't think it's too accurate, the game would not go as little as $80 new as Game Gear Collectors have a high demand for it. A US CIB copy of the game pretty much never shows up on eBay.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Not rail on RarityGuide.com, well actually I guess I am railing on it, but it kind of sucks in my opinion. You can get a very loose idea on stuff sometimes, but the prices seem to be off +/- 25-30% for a lot of things there, so I'd never use it for pricing. VG Price Charts is a bit better, but you can still have issues with certain stuff being put in incorrectly, or have a hard time valuing CIB versus loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I would think a US copy of CJ Fugitive CIB would be hard to find, shoot finding a loose copy is hard enough

Thread Information