Quantcast

Thread: Burning Fists

Blinky Burning Fists

Sometimes, games get canceled for a reason, and Burning Fists is a prime example. Even finished, it would have been a less than mediocre fighter, but in its semi-beta state, its almost too poor to warrant playing. Read our full review you just have to have every Sega CD game. Otherwise, stay away!

I am embarrassed to admit i have never heard of this game,but then again if the review is true then i am not really missing anything either.

Outrunner

I really don't think it was that bad of a game; forgettable but not bad. If it had been finished properly it would have been a lot better than the other fighting garbage on the CD addon, like Brutal or Battle Fantasy. I'd say behind EC it's probably one of the better fighters that were designed for the Sega systems only (not like that's a big compliment).

Beat Em Ups Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

Can we please end this violence and call a 1 on 1 fighter what it is, not a beat em up. Is it Britain where this was common place, if so how did you distinguish between the 2 genre's?

I agree with cowboys.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Level 6 Rocket Knight Raging in the Streets jerry coeurl's Avatar

Looks kinda lame, I'll stick to SFII: SCE, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    If Sega making condoms,I will to one-night-stands in every night~

Lord of the Obscure Wildside Expert LordGeo's Avatar

Just to point out something that the reviewer felt was a mistake in the game, having Hong Kong represented by the Union Jack makes sense since Hong Kong was still owned by the United Kingdom in 1995, when the game was being made. Yeah, Hong Kong had it's own flag already, as Super Street Fighter II showed, but it's not really a mistake to use the Union Jack.

As for the game itself, it did have my interest, but this review certainly isn't encouraging me to buy it one day.

I'm aware of the fact, and I know it's one minor gripe (among the other, more glaring errors still in the game), but considering that other games around that time managed to get the factoid right (besides, british Hong Kong never used solely the Union Jack, at least not without their coat of Arms), AND the fact that this was something that could have been fixed for a 2006 release, I still think it should be labeled as a mistake. It's one of this little nagging things that make it obvious that the title never really made it out of beta.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Outrunner

The readme file of the game stated that although the AI has been implemented changing the difficulty makes no difference, This was something that was going to be finished but ended not being. All the stuff do do with the various stats for each character was failed to be implemented also.

I've ran into quite a few glitches, including the game freezing when being paused and AI characters disappearing from the screen or being caught in some type of infinite jumping or attack loop.

Overall I think it's a pretty good game that had a lot of potential. If it had been properly finished with all the stuff that wasn't in the available builds it may had been maybe the top 2 or 3 fighter on the MCD. Although I was kinda miffed at paying $30 USD for a CD-R (I thought it would at least be a pressed CD), I'm glad I got to play it and I can see it had potential. My only real gripe with the game as it stands is the poor AI. Perhaps someone can produce an Action Replay code for a damage modifier or something to add a bit more of a challenge.

Thread Information