Quantcast

Thread: AtGames Genesis clone at Walgreens

Default AtGames Genesis clone at Walgreens

It was a basic Genesis clone, licensed, with some built-in games, SD card slot and a motion controller gimmick. It was a small amount of Genesis titles, some titles for the motion controllers, and a bunch of extra "arcade" games. The console is tiny and the 2 motion controller Wii knockoffs look a bit bad as controllers. It takes SD cards but not Genesis carts. $20 there. I would assume the SD card is for ROMs but the package was incredibly vague.

I quit video games ESWAT Veteran

If it's made by AtGames, then we all know it must be horrible. But I've never seen it, because we don't have Walgreens where I'm from.

Level 6 Rocket Knight Raging in the Streets jerry coeurl's Avatar

As far as I know, none of the AtGames consoles SD slots can read roms, making the ones without a cartridge slot especially useless. I haven't seen that particular model, but they do similar AtGames Genesis clones at my local Fry's Electronics. I really hate these clones with a passion; the build quality is terrible, the audio quality is beyond terrible (furthering the lie that the Genesis sound chip sounded like shit!), and you can get a real, genuine Genesis for less than the cost of any of the AtGames abominations. It pisses me off that Sega officially licensed all that crap, but then I suppose the Sega I once loved is pretty much completely dead.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    If Sega making condoms,I will to one-night-stands in every night~

It's the Sega Arcade Motion, and apparently it can play Genesis ROMs off the SD card, going by this video(around the 2:30 mark)-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO-YC...eature=related

I'd still not buy this though, personally. The controllers looks terrible to hold and I have that PSP knockoff player on its way to me which has Genesis support. Funny though that Sega would license a device that can play downloaded ROM files.

Thread Information