Quantcast

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Genesis moments that made your jaw drop in awe!

Default Genesis moments that made your jaw drop in awe!

I'd have to say, for me, the first jaw dropping moment for me was the first time I used the magic armor in Ghouls 'n' Ghosts. Seeking the electric arcs firing off the armor was just amazing. A few others are Vectorman (the whole game), Shining in the Darkness when the magic spells rotate towards you and Phantasy Star II's Mother Brain battle.

How about your jaw dropping moments?!

I quit video games ESWAT Veteran

The Seven force in Gunstar Heroes.

The GamesMaster Master of Shinobi JDB's Avatar

The
    Red
    Zone
    Intro
    Oh
    Em
    Ge

Shit gets real when a game tells you its technical feature before the title screen.
    Cyber-Razor cut sir? - To be this good takes AGES - Raśl be with you.

Beat Em Ups Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

Playing Vectorman at a Toys r us back in the day. I was blown away by the graphics and the fluid animation.

The one I remember was the first time I saw the intro to Jungle Strike and shots of the terrorist. First strike game I played and not long after changing from 8 to 16 bit.

Seeing Sonic turn gold in Sonic 2 without knowing it would happen. One of the biggest scares in my gaming life, it was late at night, I was kinda sleepy and such. hahahaha

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

My first time was Revenge of Shinobi Level 2, the waterfall is still the most beautiful and realistic creation a game has ever made to this day. Second base was the Big Run in Strider, the mountain range in the background when I jump and fall for what seems like forever is just beautiful. After these two amazing experiences I tend to get a headache and feel less impressed by whatever the other games can do.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

Well, not really genesis, but worms in the desert stage of Soulstar. Total "HOLY CRAP! OH SHIT!" moments.
    On the genesis... Well, I only saw a video of it, but the "Mode-7" effect in Pier Solar. Talk about anal rape to the SNES right there.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Love, Peace and Snack Bar Road Rasher VGTM's Avatar

Love love dancing in Gunstar Heroes
    WARNING: The post above may or may not be utter nonsense, but it's best to assume that it is.

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

Phantasy Star II. Every tile and sound of it. The game that, to paraphrase Kamahl, shames every RPG on the SNES. Only on the SFam is there a game to hold a candle to it, Mystic Ark, which learnt its combat presentation from PSII.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

The fucking appearance of XI-TIGER in Alien Soldier.

Jesus that was awesome.

Also the down scaling stage when you fight the mat hatter in Adventures of B & R

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

NFL "Primetime" 98 Wildside Expert Take That Punk!'s Avatar

The first time I faced Holyfield in Evander Holyfield's Real Deal Boxing. I mowed through the competition on my way to the belt, only to be knocked out in the second round by Evander.

Wildside Expert

First time saw "Altered Beast" demo at ToysRus...................I was like "wow"..........I can play arcade game on home console!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember it was back in 1991............

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    First time saw "Altered Beast" demo at ToysRus...................I was like "wow"..........I can play arcade game on home console!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember it was back in 1991............
    Oh heck, I had the same experience. I thought I was looking at live action when I saw that kiosk for the first time. This was my watershed moment for the Genesis, I mowed a ton of lawns that season to pick one up by November.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

Something about leaves I guess... the First Stage Of ROS with the leaves blowing in the wind always seemed so damned awesome back in the day. Also the the leaves in the first Stage of Castle of Illusion seemed pretty damn neat at the time.

Thread Information