Quantcast

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Foxconn employees,"makers of xbox" threaten mass suicide over work conditions and pay

Do you have TP??? Raging in the Streets Cornholio857's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    I wasn't trying to bash MK, but it sure Isn't a complex Fighter(as far as MvC3, It's almost univerally agreed sucks big time, and requires no skill of any kind).

Yes it is, and at way faster speeds.

You know, guys like Iron Man, Cable(lol most stick users sware Cable is the best char ever), Mega Man, exc, you know char you have to go far out of the way to use skillfully(because they were purposely designed to be cheap), so much so, almost noone even tries to really learn the char.
    Ummm...I'm not one to judge a game based on reviews, but MK had good reviews (fact) and for once I can mostly agree with them. If you think MK doesn't require skill then I advise you play someone who spams Noob Saibot's cheap moves every chance they get and win. Granted, playing the AI on Hard/Expert/whatever is fairly easy. Playing against a human opponent is a whole other ball game.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio857 View Post
    Ummm...I'm not one to judge a game based on reviews, but MK had good reviews (fact) and for once I can mostly agree with them. If you think MK doesn't require skill then I advise you play someone who spams Noob Saibot's cheap moves every chance they get and win. Granted, playing the AI on Hard/Expert/whatever is fairly easy. Playing against a human opponent is a whole other ball game.
    Again I didn't say MK was bad, but it Isn't a complex fighter. It's as complex as the Tekken games., sure It's not a button masher, but it definitely doesn't revolve around compex moves, that would make a stick not a viable option. Fighters like MK, and Tekken were clearly designed from the ground up, with the Arcade Stick in mind.

The part you bolded, was ref to the MvC3 game, not MK.

Do you have TP??? Raging in the Streets Cornholio857's Avatar

The part you bolded, was ref to the MvC3 game, not MK.
    Oh, well sorry about that then, I thought you were referring to MK.

Master of Shinobi TheSonicRetard's Avatar

lol, his example of a complex fighter is fucking tekken
    A retarded Sonic.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio857 View Post
    Oh, well sorry about that then, I thought you were referring to MK.
    Nope, infact from what I've seen, the newer MK games look pretty good(and I hated the first few MK games ever made, so not a die hard fan of the series).

You do realize that almost all fighters were originally made from the ground up with an Arcade stick in mind right? Even if many are now going straight to console, they are still being made with the mindset of an Arcade Stick being the best means of control.

Master of Shinobi

If you go back to the originals of almost every series, yes, but some franchises have evolved. Also no, just because a game is first released in the arcade, doesn't mean it was designed with the stick in mind/is optimized for the stick(also if it came out on consoles first, very few people would go to the arcade, as much as people generally did).

Almost all of Capcom's fighter's are still designed this way, most likely because they still get released in Arcades in Japan. I'm pretty sure this is true for lots of other fighting games too.

Of the top of my head I know the following were all developed for the Arcade first and then ported to home consoles:

Street Fighter 4
    Super Street Fighter 4
    Tatsunoko vs Capcom
    Tekken 6
    Virtua Fighter 5 (and all it's revisions)
    Blazblue
    King of Fighters XII
    King of Fighters XIII

There's probably even more than that. Just look at the releases for modern arcade boards from Taito and Sega. There's still tons of fighters developed with the Arcades in mind.

Grand Duke of Nukem Master of Shinobi Nunzio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    It may sound crass, but one thing China has is people. There's no shortage. The government actually encourages people to smoke for a variety of reasons, but mainly so they don't live as long. Let's face it, a car accident in China will kill more people than were threatening to commit suicide. Losing 10,000 to 100,000 in a earthquake is pretty much par for the course there. A couple hundred killing themselves over work conditions is barely going to make the news there. I'll bet they all got shipped off to "reeducation" camps after they came down off the roof.
    I agree, China's only commodity is labour, and that is going to be gone dried up pretty soon. For years and years they have been pushing one child families and only male children and over the next couple generations the Chinese population is going to drop dramatically because of that. They are going to wipe out their own race faster than any disease or war ever could. The rest of the world just needs to sit tight and India will overtake them for production.

When they built that dam a couple years ago they had to relocate 1.25 million people. So the government built 4 new cities just to house them. They are all farmers and get cheques every month to live off of, but have no land to work. The entire cities are giant slums with no industry or reason. Every block is the worst part of the city, and the people are just living off their cheques and waiting to die.

I think the amount of vacant commercial office space in Shanghai was recently reported to be 91%, with a similarly high number in Beijing. People in North America are still doing the Yellow Peril thing, but the reality is that the China bubble has burst. Everything over there is going extremely badly, and the more rights the workers want, the more expensive it is to produce there, and the less reason there is to get your products made in China.
    S A V E R U S T Y

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by TheSonicRetard View Post
    lol, his example of a complex fighter is fucking tekken
    No, I put tekken in the same boat as MK(not a button masher, but sure not complex)

To Nunzio: It will take thousands of years for the chinese to go extinct, even if they enforce the one child per family(most of the worlds population is in china).

Japan on the otherhand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.
    Last edited by Zoltor; 01-11-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Captain Bit Master of Shinobi 16-bit's Avatar

I don't think that Nunzio was trying to say that the China is in danger of becoming desolate. Nunzio is trying to say that there's so many people there that the government is trying to kill them off. I don't care what anyone says, it's sick.

Quote Originally Posted by 16-bit View Post
    I don't think that Nunzio was trying to say that the China is in danger of becoming desolate. Nunzio is trying to say that there's so many people there that the government is trying to kill them off. I don't care what anyone says, it's sick.
    Well, they aren't to "Logan's Run" level yet, but yes, it's not what a good government should be doing.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by 16-bit View Post
    Ah ok(in any case, any country with billions of people in it, needs to have some kind of population control).

I quit video games ESWAT Veteran

Ah ok(in any case, any country with billions of people in it, needs to have some kind of population control).
    Well, more people there could try moving to other countries to "lighten to load". It's certainly a better way than picking people off.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiespruce View Post
    Well, more people there could try moving to other countries to "lighten to load". It's certainly a better way than picking people off.
    They already do that too much...
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Thread Information