Quantcast

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here who doesnt like the Saturn ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSonicRetard View Post
    The best FIGHTERS were imports

you sound unfamiliar with the majority of the console's library.
    I am the "real" retarded sonic eh. Fighters and rpgs are my favorite genres. I dont care about shooters.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
    I am the "real" retarded sonic eh. Fighters and rpgs are my favorite genres. I dont care about shooters.
    He really needs to change his picture to one of these:

This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Its a good system, I just don't like how much the games are overrated, and overpriced.

It also has no Sega feel to it at all either, it feels more like the successor to the PC-Engine, and I'd imagine thats where it took most of its marketshare from in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenewguy View Post
    It also has no Sega feel to it at all either, it feels more like the successor to the PC-Engine, and I'd imagine thats where it took most of its marketshare from in Japan.
    Come to think of it... You're kinda right about this.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

I agree, the Saturn is very much a "spiritual" successor to the PC-Engine+CD. That is one of the reasons I like it so much. I also thought it was very interesting that NEC and Sega teamed up for the Dreamcast the way they did.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

The GamesMaster Master of Shinobi JDB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    Oh sh*t, son
    Cyber-Razor cut sir? - To be this good takes AGES - Raśl be with you.

Master of Shinobi

Sweet God in heaven! That second one is the funniest and scariest thing I've seen all day!

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Oh sh*t, son
    I...I think that's what he's doing there.

I only put the first one because he might not want to associate himself with modern sonic. Though he should, considering his nickname.

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

The Saturn is the best, I need to hook mine up again

If Dark likes Fighters and RPG's try the Saturn

I was never fond of Saturn. It's by far the most pompous of the planets, what, with it's huge rings that it shows off in every damned picture like some kind of celestial bling. And all those moons. You'd think the planet would learn to keep its atmosphere closed for God's sake. But no, it's all done just to get atten-

What? The gaming system? OH! Yeah, um... good system.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

I only recently played Saturn for the first time. I find it to be a well above average system. Not quite as good as the Dreamcast, but still a solid system. The US library is a bit weak compared to the Imports and the prices for a lot of games are too high which sucks. Other than that I would say it's worth the $40-$50 it sells for now a days.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
    I was never fond of Saturn. It's by far the most pompous of the planets, what, with it's huge rings that it shows off in every damned picture like some kind of celestial bling. And all those moons. You'd think the planet would learn to keep its atmosphere closed for God's sake. But no, it's all done just to get atten-

What? The gaming system? OH! Yeah, um... good system.

^ Not enough rep in the world for this one. That was just too damned good. I do frequently dream of battling an alien robot on Io though.

Oh crap, that isn't a Saturn moon, burn 'em all!
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Fighters and rpgs are my favorite genres. I dont care about shooters.
    So what reason do you have for not buying a Pro Action Replay 4-in-1 and some good fighting games?

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

Anybody who enjoys the Playstation should enjoy the Saturn. For multilplatform games the PS version should by and large be preferred since it's by and large the original code, however some 3D games like Powerslave and (arguably) Alien Trilogy run better on Saturn, along with slight superiority in most 2D fighters' cases. Silhouette Mirage is generally regarded better on SS. Most Genesis fans prefer the thin Saturn controller for fighting games or everything over the PS's, and the Nights controller is the nonretarded predecessor of the DC's. Nights is the true Sonic 3D. It has a number of mildly good racers for those who enjoy 32 bit racing (no grinding career based bullshit) and other games worth seeing such as the Bugs though they won't set the Thames afire. But if you want to be an idiot about imports you should probably skip it; my feeling is there's no reason to own anything but a JP console.
    And it is very much a Sega console = old IP were abandoned and new IP were made: Nights, Panzer Dragoon, and Sakura.

@ zz Badnusty's statement: 1st off, the laser's twice as fast and of far better make: the only reason these systems fail is abuse to their cartridge slots or lazy partial mods; many people also prefer the large single memory cart to Sony's 15 slotters (I consider it a toss-up at best). Every game save 3 can be soft reset from the controller by pressing A+B+C+Start. I don't know whether you're a strict collector or what but the Dreamcast wouldn't be worshiped all over the internet had it any sort of copy protection---copy protection which also would've kept Sega making games for it---so don't let game prices deter you, and if that isn't your thing Saturn disks are easy burns, they run even when burnt way over speed.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I don't buy imports so it's probably not a console for me.
    The Saturn has several RPGs (North American) that are worth buying a Saturn for. Shining: The Holy Ark is one of my favorites from the 32-bit era and I enjoyed playing it more than Final Fantasy VII.

My Saturn collection is mostly North American titles, with only a handful of imports. It had a pretty solid library here as well.
    Last edited by gamevet; 01-12-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information