Quantcast

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro Gen Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
    It's a GOAC that just uses the SNES as a power source and control input.

That being said, you can probably expect all the ups and downs that go along with that. If we knew who was actually are manufacturing these, you would know how it's going to work, since I'm sure it will be the same chip as in their standalone Sega clones.
    This is Retrobit's device, and I've seen gameplay videos and it looks pretty good, but the PSG is louder than it should be. That leads me to believe it won't be Virtua Racing compatible, and that it will pretty much be the same hardware found in the Retron 3 (Yobo FC 3 had the same Genesis hardware didn't it?).

(watch at the 3:24 mark)

Though, we aren't sure if the Retroport in the US will be the exact same as the Japanese version.

Creator of the Mega Amp Raging in the Streets Ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Metalwario64 View Post
    (Yobo FC 3 had the same Genesis hardware didn't it?)
    Absolutely not. The FC3 Plus uses two different GOACs depending on the system revision. The oldest models of the FC3 Plus use the TCT-6705 GOAC while the newer models like the one I have use the TCT6035 GOAC. FC3 Pluses with the TCT-6705 do not work with either Virtua Racing or Master System converters, but the newer ones with the TCT6035 GOAC work with practically everything you throw at it, even the 32X! Well, except for the inability to mix the video signals and the complete lack of 32X audio on the integrated audio amp. If the GOAC inside the RetroGen adapter is the TCT-6801 like in the RetroN3, Virtua Racing compatibility can't even be achieved by shorting pins B26 and B16 together like you could on the VA2 Genesis 3. Doing so makes the game work for a VERY short while, then the 3D graphics glitch up and the game crashes. If there's a different GOAC in the RetroGen, Virtua Racing compatibility might be feasible. By the looks of it, though, the unit will not play Virtua Racing according to this post describing a possibly defective RetroGen: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...=1#post1887022
    HATES ATGAMES WITH A PASSION

Mega Amp: An all-new audio circuit for your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and clones.

Note: If you want to contact me on Skype, identify yourself or your contact request will be rejected.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

I quit video games ESWAT Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    Why would they make an adapter to play Genesis games in a SNES, when the SNES is inferior to the Genesis? If anything, they should have made an adapter to play SNES games in a Genesis.

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

haha awesome! I don't like onachip shit but this is pretty cool, I can't wait for the eventual Snes2Genesis cartridge.

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

By the looks of it, though, the unit will not play Virtua Racing according to this post describing a possibly defective RetroGen
    I hope it's defective

I also hope someone could open the RetroGen to see..

Quote Originally Posted by eddiespruce View Post
    Why would they make an adapter to play Genesis games in a SNES, when the SNES is inferior to the Genesis? If anything, they should have made an adapter to play SNES games in a Genesis.
    Because the SNES didn't have a BLAST PROCESSOR! previously, so this is simply leveling the playing field. It would be pointless to have a SNES to Genesis adapter, because the SNES has a slower processor. Why would you want the Genesis to turn from a race car to an old beat up clunker?

Do you have TP??? Raging in the Streets Cornholio857's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Metalwario64 View Post
    Why would you want the Genesis to turn from a race car to an old beat up clunker?
    I see what you did there.

Creator of the Mega Amp Raging in the Streets Ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWarrior View Post
    I hope it's defective

I also hope someone could open the RetroGen to see..
    I wasn't referring to the Virtua Racing incompatibility being caused by a defective RetroGen. I was saying the RetroGen was defective due to video issues(which appear to be caused by the user's TV). Virtua Racing incompatibility seems to be a given judging by the supposed Japanese counterpart of the RetroGen shown in this video:

HATES ATGAMES WITH A PASSION

Mega Amp: An all-new audio circuit for your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and clones.

Note: If you want to contact me on Skype, identify yourself or your contact request will be rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiespruce View Post
    You could probably rig one together using the board from an SNES clone.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Also, how about a super game boy adopter for the sega genesis?
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

A Light In The Building. Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    You could probably rig one together using the board from an SNES clone.
    Not easily. There are several more ICs involved in SFC/SNES clones than with MD/G & FC/NES clones.

So what? Just just put it in a big mushroom shaped tumor to sit on the Genesis and it will be fine.

A Light In The Building. Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    So what? Just just put it in a big mushroom shaped tumor to sit on the Genesis and it will be fine.
    **Ba dum tsh!**

I won this auction. I will give my impressions once I receive it.

Thread Information