Quantcast

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega CD Manufacture Date Registry

Master of Shinobi cheaterdragon1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guntz View Post
    List updated, thanks cheater!

We could use a photo of the JVC X'Eye's stickers. If you could snap a pic of your, that'd be greatly appreciated. You don't have to though, there's other people with X'Eyes.
    I took some pictures. I doubt you could possibly miss the serial number/manufacturer date if you ever flipped one of these over, as they put it in plain sight.

Edit: Hmmm, pictures kida suck. I'll take some better ones tomorrow when I have some natural light.
    Last edited by cheaterdragon1; 05-19-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    Owner of the Nintendo 64 fansite Micro-64.
    Join us in our Facebook Group.

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    Anyone have an extra Sega CD? My model 1 tray is done.
    Why yes, several do in fact.

We accept both working and broken Sega CDs. If you could, it'd be greatly appreciated if you could flip over your Sega CD 1 and post it's serial number and production date. We have a photo (albeit a hard-to-read) of the Sega CD 1 that shows what to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaterdragon1 View Post
    I took some pictures. I doubt you could possibly miss the serial number/manufacturer date if you ever flipped one of these over, as they put it in plain sight.
    Never underestimate people's inept-ness. Most can't even take apart their own systems, hence why a Genesis or 32X registry would be unpopular.

Thanks for the photos though, I'll be adding them to the first post. Let me know if your going to delete them from tinypic or not, so I can put them on my own Imageshack for eternity.

EDIT: Yeah I can wait for better pictures. Whenever it's convenient.

We could still use a better Model 1 pic. I for one can barely read the production date text.
    Last edited by Guntz; 02-27-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Never underestimate people's inept-ness. Most can't even take apart their own systems, hence why a Genesis or 32X registry would be unpopular.

Thanks for the photos though, I'll be adding them to the first post. Let me know if your going to delete them from tinypic or not, so I can put them on my own Imageshack for eternity.
    You can use the tinypic links if you like. Whenever I upload stuff I just leave it on tinypic forever. However there has been a time where tinypic deleted my image, and then gave the link to a different image which was really strange. Look at my old Musha auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300636915999#ht_500wt_1287 One of those images does not belong.

I will get a much better picture of the X'Eye tomorrow. My camera, which eats 2 AA batteries every half hour, is dead and there's no natural light right now anyway.

Yeah I can wait for better pictures. Whenever it's convenient. About the AA batteries, you can get rechargeable ones instead.

To everyone else, we could still use a better Model 1 pic. I for one can barely read the production date text.

List updated with your serials arnold. You sure are a lucky bastard to have not one, but TWO CDX systems you know.
    Then I must be taking it for granted. I'm selling the loose one since 1) I never use it. It's been on display and I use my model 1 and 2) saving up money to build a PC. Prices sure have risen. I got the boxed one with 12 complete Sega CD games and Lethal Enforcers (Genesis version) with the Justifier for $177 back in 2007. Now the unit alone goes for about $200.
    "I can't hold it!" - Vapor Trail Pilot

Done with Sega-16 (sorta) Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by arnold_the_bartender View Post
    I gave Apolloboy a european Mega CD II not too long ago. If he sees this thread, maybe we can get the info for it.
    Here's the serial number of that Mega CD II:
    T30240258

There's no manufacture date but judging by the datecodes on the chips, I'd say it was made around mid-1993.

You could try inspecting the inside of the two shell halves of the Mega CD. There may be date stamps in there like on the Genesis 2. Worth a try.

Why yes, several do in fact.

We accept both working and broken Sega CDs. If you could, it'd be greatly appreciated if you could flip over your Sega CD 1 and post it's serial number and production date. We have a photo (albeit a hard-to-read) of the Sega CD 1 that shows what to look for.

OK I'll get pics of tomorrow. My Sega CD model 1 technically works, the laser is fine, but the lifting mechanism is stripped, the plastic gears I mean, so the CD on lift into place. That's it I tried for hours to fix it, no dice.

Anyone who can fix it or any spare parts? I want my model one working

Done with Sega-16 (sorta) Master of Shinobi

You could try inspecting the inside of the two shell halves of the Mega CD. There may be date stamps in there like on the Genesis 2. Worth a try.
    I can't get a definite date from those but I have narrowed it down to the summer of 1993.

Here is my broken Model 1.

Sorry for the blurriness.

Sept 1992. Almost 20 years old.

Anyone have extra parts or another model 1 for sale? Please?

List updated with new entries and your one picture of the Model 1 has been added in the first post too evilevoix. Thanks guys!

I've never owned or repaired a Model 1 Sega CD so I can't help much. Unless you want to trade for a working Model 2. (it's really weird, there used to be several people here fluent in Model 1 repairs, where did they go? Perhaps you should make a dedicated "fix my Model 1 Sega CD" thread in Tech Aid)

I have two Sega CD Model 2 both manufactured in October 1993.

Can you also post their serial numbers please? If you don't know where they are, consult the pictures in the first post.

Yeah I can wait for better pictures. Whenever it's convenient. About the AA batteries, you can get rechargeable ones instead.
    I did. The camera is still annoying though.

Guntz will this single picture work? All the stickers from the bottom can be seen in this picture. I could get two separate pictures like before if you want:

One picture will be just peachy cheater, especially since it's such a nice quality shot! Thanks again for going out of your way to take a picture of those labels for people who may not know where to look.

First post updated.

Thread Information