Quantcast

Thread: Aaahh!! Real Monsters

Ninja Aaahh!! Real Monsters

Viacom New Media had a healthy stable of popular shows in the 90s, many of which were on Nickelodeon. Naturally, most of those shows had video games on the consoles of the time, and the Genesis saw its fair share. Aaahh!! Real Monsters was one title that tried a team dynamic that worked to mixed results. Read our full review and try not to be scared!

Master of Shinobi SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

That was a pretty balanced review. As a kid I don't believe I ever took the time to ever watch a full episode of the cartoon. I can recall that even when there was nothing on television I would continue to channel surf even after I encounted the television show: the overall character design and art style was a real turnoff. Looking at the game now, I can't say that my opinion has changed either. I can't get over how ugly the overall art style is. Maybe it's the fact that at 5 years of age, I could design a better character with my fat Crayola crayons!
    Time to wake up Gordon Gekko! It's time to put that plan into action!

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Level 6 Rocket Knight Raging in the Streets jerry coeurl's Avatar

I remember renting this game and Jurassic Park one weekend when I was a kid. I couldn't get anywhere in either game. I was pretty bad at games back then.

All I remember about this game was that I thought it was kind of ugly, although I guess it can be praised for keeping the aesthetic from the source material. I still don't think it's great to look at, though.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    If Sega making condoms,I will to one-night-stands in every night~

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

I always thought this game was on par with Earthworm Jim in a lot of ways. That includes art style, humour, the "grossness" aesthetic as well as difficulty and length. Yet somehow people seem to think that EWJ is a masterpiece of gaming and this got a 5/10. I don't get it. Sure this game is difficult sometimes, but so is EWJ in every level after the Heck one. That podrace thing is nearly unbeatable unless you're a complete master at it so yeah... Anyway, I love both games, I don't know why this got the shaft.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Road Rasher

"Monsters Options" (Cheat menu screen)

Press the Start button and press the following when the game is paused: B, A, A, A, B, A, A, A, B, A, A, A, A, A, A, C, B, A, A, A, B, A, A, A, C, C, C, A, then unpause the game.

Road Rasher

That was a bit dissapointing at 5/5, I regularly used to rent both the SNES and Megadrive version back in the day and really loved it, the weird puzzle vibe with the three monsters it had going. I ought to try it out again, It might not have aged all too well.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Never played the game but I agree that the cartoon art style was ugly as hell. I always disliked art, and shows, that go out of their way to look ugly, like Aaah! Real Monsters. What a waste of art and animation...

I remember playing this one back in the day as a kid and having a hard time getting far in it.

Mediocre platformer.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Thread Information