Quantcast

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Removing RGB jail bars idea?

@rama2 where exacly is the memory traces on the VDP?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

?
    You can see them going from VDP to the memory modules, but yeah, they're right around the analog video outputs.
    Genius engineering ><

as far as adding capacitance. what value caps and where are you adding them?

Add 100F capacitor on VDP power pins and maybe the VRAM too. This was suggested to me by TmEE, a real legend. I have done this in conjunction with the rgb bypass mod, and I am using this setup currently with an OSSC. Ultimately there are very situational colors that still exhibit slight jailbars, but the picture is really near perfect otherwise. My model 2 doesnt exhibit jailbars, but ultimately I prefer to use the Model 1 (rev3) anyway.

The legendary gargoyle Road Rasher Firebrandx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t0nito View Post
    That's why you also need to ground it.
    You don't snip or lift pin 6, or ground it for that matter. You need to find the source pin on the VDP (pin 50 on most M1 models), and lift that up instead (and it doesn't need to be grounded). Most of the interference on early M1 Genesis consoles comes from the trace of the color burst signal for composite video, and it happens to run right next to the blue trace as they all make their way to the CXA encoder. By removing the signal before it gets to the traces, you get maximum effect.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Right. Lifting the pin is ideal, and you *must not* ground it.
    The pin is driven by a strong buffer that would simply be destroyed by grounding the pin.
    Leaving an unused output like that floating is the ideal way to deal with it.

Thread Information