Quantcast

Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157
Results 2,341 to 2,346 of 2346

Thread: Perpetual Movie Thread/What was the last movie you watched?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

I am going to rewatch two of my favorites today:

This is a tightly scripted action movie - you are never quite sure what is real in it. There was a lackluster sequel and a short lived tv series based on it. The tv series wasn't terrible but the cast was nowhere as good as in the movie - and the series was way underbudgeted for what it needed to be.

Amazingly intricate movie (with a very small cast) that keeps you engaged despite being fairly long (138 minutes - although some tv prints used to be butchered for a shorter running time). It was remade in 2007 - the redo is very good but nowhere as strong as the original.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

The Car (1977)

Now you must understand that this isn't a recent watch by me, but rather one of my favourite films from childhood that I want to talk about. The Car is an extremely underrated thriller that is not only very well made, but also features some of the best car chases and stunts I've ever seen in a film! James Brolin stars as the sheriff in a sleepy American town that randomly falls victim to the 'driver' of a big black continental car, complete with tinted windows and bullbars, that goes on a horrific killing spree. Strong performances from Brolin and Ronny Cox combine to create a film that delivers both in the acting and action sense. I won't say any more for fear of spoiling it, but I genuinely consider this film to be an unsung classic and highly original.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    The Car (1977)

Now you must understand that this isn't a recent watch by me, but rather one of my favourite films from childhood that I want to talk about. The Car is an extremely underrated thriller that is not only very well made, but also features some of the best car chases and stunts I've ever seen in a film! James Brolin stars as the sheriff in a sleepy American town that randomly falls victim to the 'driver' of a big black continental car, complete with tinted windows and bullbars, that goes on a horrific killing spree. Strong performances from Brolin and Ronny Cox combine to create a film that delivers both in the acting and action sense. I won't say any more for fear of spoiling it, but I genuinely consider this film to be an unsung classic and highly original.
    This makes (IMHO) a good companion piece to that film:

This, on the other hand, doesn't make a good companion piece to much of anything!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    The Car (1977)

Made in Southern Utah. I've been down there several times which of course many films have been made but every time I am down there the first film I think of it The Car. I believe it was meant to rip off Duel but I love both. I fucking love the ending to this day from a practical effects fans perspective.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Made in Southern Utah. I've been down there several times which of course many films have been made but every time I am down there the first film I think of it The Car. I believe it was meant to rip off Duel but I love both. I fucking love the ending to this day from a practical effects fans perspective.
    The end to The Car is a great climax and superbly done. I'm glad that you love it too!

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    We liked that a lot when it came out. Certainly creepy.

This is another good film that largely flew under the radar.

Had a chance to watch this the other day. One of the better slasher movies out there. Scary and funny, sometimes both at the same time. lol

Thanks for recommending it.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Thread Information