Quantcast

Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147
Results 2,191 to 2,193 of 2193

Thread: Perpetual Movie Thread/What was the last movie you watched?

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

For one thing it was a stupid, stupid reboot that I donít think anyone wanted.

Two, it just kind of proved that SONY was the problem, not so much the filmmakers.

Three, that second one was just a miserable experience. Plus I hated the surprise reveal at the end of the movie that Oscorp was just essentially a super villain factory.

Such a waste of such good actors, too. Paul Giamatti deserves better.

Fun fact: many many many years ago, I read an early script of the first Spider-Man movie, and they were originally going to cram the Green Goblin and Dr Octopus into the same movie, just like the Batman films weíre doing at the time. Iím glad they waited a few movies before attempting that shit.
    Last edited by MrMatthews; 10-14-2018 at 07:58 PM.

First Man

Thank god I had free passes otherwise I would have been pissed for the $16.00 price tag of two tickets.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    For one thing it was a stupid, stupid reboot that I donít think anyone wanted.

Two, it just kind of proved that SONY was the problem, not so much the filmmakers.

Three, that second one was just a miserable experience. Plus I hated the surprise reveal at the end of the movie that Oscorp was just essentially a super villain factory.

Such a waste of such good actors, too. Paul Giamatti deserves better.

Fun fact: many many many years ago, I read an early script of the first Spider-Man movie, and they were originally going to cram the Green Goblin and Dr Octopus into the same movie, just like the Batman films weíre doing at the time. Iím glad they waited a few movies before attempting that shit.
    Know something? I never watched the rebooted 'Amazing' Spider-Man films out of principle. I heard that the only thing amazing about them was how amazingly shit they were, so it looks like I made the right choice. I was a big fan of Raimi's Spider-Man films, and thought that it was fucking ludicrous that Sony were trying to 'reboot' the franchise so soon after Spider-Man 3, and when there was absolutely fucking zero need to do so. So Spider-Man 3 disappointed with it's portrayal of Venom. So? So fucking what? The Sandman was an excellent villain and Spider-Man 1 & 2 were great films so...why fucking reboot?! There was absolutely no need! Just move on to Spider-Man 4 and carry on! I resented the fact that it was being rebooted so I voted with my feet and have stayed the hell away from Spider-Man films ever since. I even refused to watch Spider-Man Homecoming, or whatever the fuck it's called, out of the same principle. I don't give a shit if it's trying to tie in with the whole Marvel universe. With the exception of Spider-Man and the X-Men I don't fucking like the Marvel universe, so why would I care that it's trying to tie Spidey in with it?! If I want to watch Spidey I'll stick with Raimi's trilogy and the excellent 90's cartoon series, and then I'll play Spider-Man on my Mega Drive and Mega CD. Everything film studios cynically fart out now with 'Spider-Man' slapped on it can die a slow fucking death for all I care. Rant over.
    Last edited by Mega Drive Bowlsey; Yesterday at 03:08 PM.

Thread Information