Quantcast

Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Perpetual Movie Thread/What was the last movie you watched?

I'm not very fond of Ridley Scott overall. My favorites of his are The Duellists and Black Hawk Down.

Quote Originally Posted by Russman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartagnan1083
    You Can't Fight in Here....It's The WAR ROOM!!!

I'm more in favor of smaller lists.
    I've seen A LOT of movies, but find it difficult to pick favorites

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    My favorite of the 3 films.
    Manages to blend story and action in a way the previous 2 didn't.
    Of course this could be because I'm a fan of both Harrison Ford and the Old-Sean Connery.

Fight Club
    Say what you will about this movie.
    Wether you think that David Lynch is synonomous with 'WHAT THE F@&K'; or that it's over-rated, facist, stupid, depressing, and too dark. . .
    It's still a great movie to me with a fittingly dark social commentary.
    I also can't forget the great casting job.

Fight Club is directed by David Fincher.
    Yeah... I thought I said that when I listed Alien the series with Alien 3... but then looking back and I made no nod at Fight Club in there.. hrmmm.

Anyways Lynch is that ass hat who did "lost highway"... that wasn't a WTF movie... unless the W stands for 'why' and your asking what made you watch that trash! Lynch should rot in hell... the only thing kinda noteable is Dune. And it still wasn't that good.

and no Elephant Man is NOT noteable as being good!

Oh yeah and Ridley does have some "why'd you do that" movies under his belt. Like "J.I. Jane"... WHAT WAS HE THINKING?

Das war der Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofduct
    Other great films by Terry Gilliam include:
    Twelve Monkeys
    The Fisher King
    The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
    Man, what about Time Bandits? Midgets galore and Sean Connery.. the movie has practically everything.

I knew I was forgetting something...

Das war der Hammer.

Default Perpetual Movie Thread

Post here everytime you finish watching a movie. Doesn't matter if you've seen it for the first time, or if you've watched it 100 times, post here and let us know if it's worthwhile IYO.

I just watched GATTACA for the umpteenth time, and I gotta say it's still a great encapsulating mystery movie everytime I sit through it. I love the neo-modernist future the film takes place in, and the visuals themselves are very pleasing to the eye, even Uma Thurman looks sexy in those business girl outfits and her hair up. It's a mystery plot, with a sci-fi theme, however the story is so scary because it's one of these sci-fi movies that could turn into science non-fiction in the near future, with all the genetic testing for jobs and stuff. I give this a thumbs way up.

Oh dear god... I'd be posting 3 times a day if I did after every movie.

As I don't sleep very much but don't want to expend much energy when I should sleep I watch movies (I hate TV). Today I watched:

Back to the Future 3: I have always loved this trilogy, though I prefer the 2nd one, this was the one on Showtime today so I enjoyed it. I always loved trains. I really don't need to explain the flick as EVERYONE knows it.

Samorais: A really crappy Jap/French film about some demon was resurected to fight some war 500 years ago. It is now time for him to be reborn so he kills himself and impregnates the daughter of an ancestor of the guy who resurrected him. The movie is corny, and even cornier is that the Demon produces violent video games to twist the minds of children and finance his crime syndocate. Only watch if your bored and enjoy B movies.

Henry Rollins Live at Luna Park: I love this guy, I think he is hilarious.Despite his macho image he is rather intelligent... and to watch a large dude like him talking about poetry and crying is hilarious. He has great anecdotes about his travels around the world. My favorites is his story about Iggy Pop... Iggy Pop ROCKS.

Das war der Hammer.

The Theif and the Cobbler

A movie that's history is almost as intresting as the movie its self. Even though it's set in Arabia, it is NOT an Aladdin rip-off, like most people call it. Infact, the people behind Aladdin did the ripping off, if any.

n.W.o 4 life Road Rasher StRiDA CoL's Avatar

My fav movie are

Star Wars Episodes 1,3,4,5,and 6-these movies are masterpieces. Episode 3 blew me away, and the original trilogy I grew up with and Episode 1 will always have the greatest saber duel ever.

Bloodsport-being a huge Van Damme fan this one takes the cake

Beverly Hills Ninja- Hey I like ninjas and Chris Farley put them both together makes a hilirious action movie

Blade Runner-nuff said movin on

Dumb and Dumber-this movie never gets old with it's goofy humor
    \"It\'s one of lifes many mysteries like why is my nose filled with army guys\"-Homer j Simpson

O\'DOYAL RULZ!!!!
    O\'DOYAL RULZ!!!!

Watched Das Boot yesterday. Man, I haven't had a big screen tv for very long, but this movie just will blow you away on a big screen. My god I feel like I'm inside the submarine with these guys, suffering through every depth charge attack. I've watched this movie literally dozens of times and it never loses its edginess.

One of the amazing things about this movie, and why its so damn good is how even though there are about a dozen characters with prominent parts in the movie, by the end you really feel like you know these guys, and thats something special because there's alot of BIG movies where the character development sucks ass (DO YOU HEAR THAT OLIVER STONE?/alexander).

I love the special effects and the audio is and always will be amazing, there will never be another sub movie that tops this thing. Never. My God what a production. A+++

n.W.o 4 life Road Rasher StRiDA CoL's Avatar

Oh yeah here is some more movies I like

The Terminater

Austin Powers trilogy

Aliens

Bunch of James Bond movies
    \"It\'s one of lifes many mysteries like why is my nose filled with army guys\"-Homer j Simpson

O\'DOYAL RULZ!!!!
    O\'DOYAL RULZ!!!!

Wildside Expert

I'll agree with you StRiDA that Star Wars episode I had the best lightsaber duel ever, but that's the only saving grace in that movie IMO. I usually fast forward to that battle and skip the rest of the movie because it's garbage. Episode III though did redeem the franchise in my eyes, though I am partial to Empire Strikes Back. I remember sitting in the theater when Vader revealed to Luke that he was his father. I was shocked as was a whole generation.

Watched School Of Rock this weekend. Seen it numerous times before and I still laugh hard at the same spots every time. No matter how down I am, or if I'm in a bad mood, the opening 5 minutes to that movie just make me laugh hysterically. The crazy shit that Jack Black does when he's on stage is simply outrageous.

I love a movie like this where it's hilarious, without trying to gross you out, or without alot of cussing. It takes alot of work nowadays I think to make a comedy without gross-out sight gags and curse words.(not that I have anything against curse words) Great movie for adults and for kids to watch if you have a family, and a great (and funny) soundtrack too!. You've gotta laugh at the songs Jack Black makes up, like the song he creates about not paying the rent and getting kicked out of his own band Highly recommended.

I watched The Devil's Rejects last night. I wasn't entirely sure what to think of it after the movie came to a close, but after a good night's sleep and a breakfast of champions, my opinion on the film is.. well actually, I'm still not sure what to think of it. It's very grim, and not a horror film for its scares but rather its sheer shocking brutality. The screen is not constantly festooned with violence, but the lead characters show no restraint in doing absolutely awful things when the opportunity arises.

That being said, there is a storyline here, and it is far stronger than Rob Zombie's previous effort House of 1000 Corpses. The movie takes place months after the events depicted in House of 1000 Corpses, and focuses upon the travels of three of the family after being flushed from their home by local law enforcement. Sid Haig is once again great as Captain Spaulding, and possibly the most annoying character from House of 1000 Corpses, Baby, is played far better this time around.

I recommend The Devil's Rejects only to those able to stomach scenes of sadistic violence and other such abhorrent behavior. It is far from being the most disturbing film of all time, but there is enough here to offend and sicken. To all those who watch this, I hope you see that there is more to the film than just the gore, although that is clearly a focal point.

I have finally decided that, yes, I liked this movie.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Battle Royale.

I found it better than the novel it was based on. The second one was trash. I liked it when I first saw it, but what the hell was I thinking? However... I wanna see the "Revenge" edition.

I've seen most all of the movies you've all listed, but none of them have really stuck out.

Oh yeah... I really loved One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Good movie, but the ending was sad.

Finished watching The Seven Samurai last eve. A buddy and I have been slowly working through imdb.com's top 250 films, and this one was next on the ol' chopping block. And damn, what a movie.

For a 1956 film, The Seven Samurai does not show its age in any significant way, aside from the bloodless battles and obviously the fact that it was filmed in black & white. It's difficult to really voice what my thoughts are on the movie.. I was highly impressed. There, that'll do. If you haven't seen it, do so!

Thread Information