Quantcast

Page 155 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2357

Thread: Perpetual Movie Thread/What was the last movie you watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Good choice, sir! I'm a huge fan of the anthology horror films made by Amicus studios in the 60's and 70's, and The House That Dripped Blood is a great example of the genre. The first story about Denholm Elliot's character, being haunted by one of his own murderous literary creations seemingly come to life, is genuinely scary.
    Dominic was a bastard but not as bad as Marcus, I mean Charles' wife.

The on screen relationship between Lee and Cushing was spectacular and modern day writers and directors could take a cue or two from them along with 60's and 70's British horror. Dr. Terror's House of Horrors, Tales from The crypt (original film), Horror Express, The Vault of Horror, The Creeping Flesh, Horror Express, etc.., are leaps and bounds ahead of much of what we see today.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Rambo: Last Blood

It doesn’t happen too often, but every now and then I allow myself to be dragged to the movies because my wife has squared up with a “With You Or Without You” position ... except that second option doesn’t really exist.

So tonight we saw Rambo. There were only five other people in the theater.

My wife really liked it.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Rambo: Last Blood

It doesn’t happen too often, but every now and then I allow myself to be dragged to the movies because my wife has squared up with a “With You Or Without You” position ... except that second option doesn’t really exist.

So tonight we saw Rambo. There were only five other people in the theater.

My wife really liked it.
    I take it you didn't?

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

El Camino.

S'ok but Todd looks 40 pounds heavier and 20 years older. Jessie's story is finished. About what you might expect. Didn't feel like a film and more like the true finale episode...just 2 hours long. They tackle some of him having PTSD and a lot of flashbacks. It was solid. Tho that whole teaser with Skinny Pete being interrogated is not in the film at all.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    I take it you didn't?
    Um... not really.

It tried to look super gritty and serious, but at its core it was still the kind of movie Last Action Hero was making fun of, especially when it came to the plot device that set Rambo off (“You kidnapped this girl who I have no relation to and [presumably] wasn’t in any of the previous movies but she still means the world to me. BIG MISTAKE.”)

It felt like a movie that was supposed to show that Stallone can still do action movies like John Wick, except there was no action in it; just killing. And that’s all well and good, but don’t try to prove that you’re an action star while settling your disputes remotely with a bunch of over-the-top Home Alone booby traps.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Picked up a bunch of HD-DVD's recently (remember those? ) and started watching a few of them.

The Big Lebowski (1998)

I picked this one first out of the bunch seeing as I was always hearing great things about it but for some reason or other up to now had never gotten around to watching it.
    It lives up to its rep, IMO. Some hilarious moments here. Jeff Bridges nails it as the Dude but John Goodman's performance was also terrific.

12 Monkeys (1995)

Another one which for the longest time I had always intended to watch but just hadn't done so. I had spotted quite a while back that this was written by the same guy (David Peoples) that wrote Blade Runner, and Unforgiven. So there was no excuse for me to have neglected this one.
    Bruce Willis does a great job here. He's never been known for his range, but he delivers a solid performance. And Brad Pitt was excellent, too. I can see why he was Oscar nominated for that performance. Add to that the visual style of Terry Gilliam, and you have a quality time-travel, sci-fi movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Picked up a bunch of HD-DVD's recently (remember those? ) and started watching a few of them.
    Heh, it was kind of funny reading this considering what I was planning on posting. Also, nice choice with The Big Lebowski. I still have to watch 12 Monkeys myself.

I made a tiny dent in my VHS collection recently, and the following were all first time watches for me:

Pet Semetary

I actually did watch the remake of this one, but I think I actually prefer this one. It doesn't feel as empty and doesn't spend as much time doing nothing.

Asylum

This one could have had some creepy moments if things were done a bit differently, but they came off as silly instead. I do like a lot of the ideas and moods though.

Horror at the Opera

I actually like a lot of the musical choices that were used despite them feeling weird at first.

The Blair Witch Project

I have seen a bunch of spoofs of this (Da Hip Hop Witch, Hip Hop Locos, The Bare Wench Project, off the top of my head), so it is about time I watched the actual movie. I liked it.

San Andreas

All I can say is the rock is a bad actor.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    Also, nice choice with The Big Lebowski. I still have to watch 12 Monkeys myself.
    Speaking of,

The guy I bought the HD-DVD stuff from, for some reason had doubles of both The Big Lebowski and that of 12 Monkeys, from different regions. Must have been a big fan of those.
    The reason I bring this up is that it's interesting to see the different cover pics for those regions. Personally I think I prefer the US covers over those released in PAL territories.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Terminator: Dark Fate. Souless, copypaste of Terminator 2 with bits taken from T1 as well 3 & Salvation, with a dash of gender politics and minority empowerment. Walked out feeling nothing, no anger, nothing.

Why watch any Terminator past the second?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Speaking of,

The guy I bought the HD-DVD stuff from, for some reason had doubles of both The Big Lebowski and that of 12 Monkeys, from different regions. Must have been a big fan of those.
    The reason I bring this up is that it's interesting to see the different cover pics for those regions. Personally I think I prefer the US covers over those released in PAL territories.

12 Monkeys was great.
    Even enjoyed the first few seasons of the TV series

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Why watch any Terminator past the second?
    An excuse to get out the house and have "fun" and to not judge something without having watched it, which I have a nasty habit of doing.

You know, I can swallow most of the SJW stuff if it was written well. It wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    An excuse to get out the house and have "fun" and to not judge something without having watched it, which I have a nasty habit of doing.

You know, I can swallow most of the SJW stuff if it was written well. It wasn't.
    You can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s ass but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it.

Just knowing the plot and the involved actors coupled with the trailers usually saves me money wasted on crap.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Crimson Peak.

Solid film fantastic ghosts. Really fantastic. A great mix of good design practice and CG meshed very well together. My favorite of them tho is the very first one.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thread Information