Quantcast

Page 102 of 155 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2315

Thread: Perpetual Movie Thread/What was the last movie you watched?

As above So Below.

i usually like blair witch style found footage movies but this one wasnt that good. EVen the mexican paranormal activities that came out last year was way better.
    This image is too large and exceeds forum specifications. Please reduce it if you want to continue to use it.

Outrunner

Taken 1&2. Much better part 1. Hope part 3 is more like 1... Never thought that trilogy could be fun....

Raging in the Streets

So tonight's double bill

Fury: 8/10
    I'm so sick of 'MURICA movies, not gonna lie. The chances of me ever enjoying anything about the Iraq War are virtually nil. Therefore when Fury was announced with David Ayer at the helm I was like "ehhh, okay.". Turns out it's great, the "omg realities of war so gritty!!111" are a little much at times and come off more as manipulating than something that is actually true, but a strong cast with actual characterization set against the backdrop the director is trying to paint works really well and makes for a good watch, definitely preferred viewing over OMG AMERICANS KILL ALL THE BROWN PEOPLE shit.

Maleificent: 6.5/10
    Sleeping Beauty with the feminism turned right up to 11, does much more for the character than the original 1959 film did, without forgetting too much what makes Sleeping Beauty a classic, this re-imagining makes everything just that slight bit more modern without removing too much. Not much to say tbh, it's good, but not great.

Shake well before use Master of Shinobi Robotwo's Avatar

Watched a seemingly random movie I found on a DVD called "A town called Panic". It's apparently based on a series of stop motion shorts, but I gotta' say... it was WAY better than I had expected :P
    It's like watching someone play with random figures for the full duration of a film, very random.

brick mansions (paul walkers last movie)

this was A DOWNGRADED less budgeted remake of an already perfect french movie (District 13 ) , D13 on bluray is sick, its sequel sucks and the Brick Mansions was a poormans d13
    This image is too large and exceeds forum specifications. Please reduce it if you want to continue to use it.

The nailgun massacre

jesus what a movie

Virnunga (2015) - I think the future generations (if there will be any) will hate us for turning the Earth into the surface of the Moon just like people today hate nazis and can't understand the big "why?", so let's revolt.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Furious 7 - 4/10

Paul's send off at the end - 10/10

But really everything before the tribute is filled with sub par acting, any excuse to have women in hot pants and short skirts (yes, even at the funeral) and desperately trying to keep cars involved in the movie. There are some real funny moments and one liners. They are few and far in between but they are there.

Great fun to watch with friends but stupid nonetheless.

I watched it in a Dolby Cinema Hall, place was super packed. Oh and the cinema also had an original Toyota Supra on display at the entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Raging in the Streets

Cleopatra (1963): 6.8/10
    You can't make a movie, cast some of the biggest stars in the world (Liz Taylor, Richard Burton), spend $30 million on unbelievable set pieces, do a final cut of 250 minutes and have it be simply okay. This movie should of been better than okay.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Got a whole bunch of movies on VHS recently, and time permitting I'm slowly trying to work my way through them.

A Simple Plan (1998): 8/10

Just outside a snowy rural town, three men find a crashed plane with a bag full of money. They make an uneasy pact to hide it and wait until the authorities discover the crash to gauge if they can keep the loot. But the best laid plans of mice and men ...

This is a first-rate thriller. Sam Raimi does a masterful job with the directing.

Can't believe this film never registered on my radar until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Guardians of the Galaxy - Really enjoyed this one. Really enjoyed it. Good from start to finish. Haven't had fun watching a film like this in years.

Poltergeist (remake) - Went in low expectations, came out in a foul mood. It's just a glorified kiddy movie with tacked on CGI everywhere. Avoid and watch the original.

Insidious Chapter 3 - Not seen the other movies in the franchise, but saw it as I was told the others were good. It was an enjoyed watch, well-acted, but as about as scary as watching a glass of water. Meh, I liked it though.

Avengers 2 - Just like the first, very good flick. The forced Banner/Black Widow romance was grating, but James Marsters as Ultron was the awesome. I remember when the end credits popped up in the cinema and everyone was getting up, feeling like an utter tit. But the end scene with Thanos was worth it. Can't wait for parts 3 and 4!

Jurassic World - Went in expecting it to be tosh, came out... surprised. It was good imo. Yes, I understand people who grew up with the first movie felt letdown by it, but I also did too (grew up with it, I mean), but I still enjoyed it.

I had the chance to see the new Terminator movie, but passed on it - what with the trailers revealing stuff it really shouldn't of, and things here and there, I just couldn't bring myself to pay these people for butchering a film series I have alot of love for. I'll catch it when it drops on DVD second-hand; no doubt for pennies.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Terminator Genisys - sucked major balls, like I knew it would.

Ant Man - Pretty decent film, if a little bland.

Darkman - After watching the last five episodes of Ash vs Evil Dead back-to-back, I needed to sate my Raimi-fix. This did the job brilliantly. Not sure I want to see the sequels, as the original is great, and I know, what with them being straight-to-video, they're gonna be shit.

Mega-Dorky Nerd God WCPO Agent nissling's Avatar

Evil Dead 2 - Pretty decent but too much repetition from the first film (which I happen to like a lot) and just so silly at times. Ash is awesome at best however.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Terminator Genisys - sucked major balls, like I knew it would.
    Of course. Without James Cameron, I didn't expect any less then "sucked major balls" level.

The-Net-Sandra-Bullock-DVD-Art1.jpg

The Net (1995)

A pretty good suspense movie that is so incredibly 90s. Heck, the first opening lines of the movie is a Dad talking to his son saying if he does his Algebra, he can play his Sega and Nintendo (!) Oh for the days when Sega was relevant enough to merit namedropping in a major Hollywood film! Plus this is Sandra Bullock at her peak level of hotness, and I'll watch pretty much anything with her in it. It's on Netflix streaming, too.

big_trouble_in_little_china_poster_02.jpg
    Big Trouble in Little China (1986)

Finally got around to watching this and I'm mad I waited this long. An 80s classic with a hundred-year-old sorcerer, flying ninja gods, hot redheads, and all the macho-ness you can take. Plus a lot of Chinese characters that veer a little too close to caricatures. The special effects hold up pretty well. What can you say; it's a classic!

Thread Information