Quantcast

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: List of Unreviewed Genesis/Mega Drive/CD games (as of 03/09/2012)

Sullivan congratulations on completing the review for a game that we thought was seemingly impossible to get a review for! Having Rugby World Cup 95 done it's definitely a great feat thanks again.
    Submitted:
    Game Gear:
    Addams Family
    Sonic The Hedgehog Chaos

Sega Master System:
    Great Golf

Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Submitted a review for Romance of the Three Kingdoms II! Trying to get back into the swing of review writing in between my summer classes and the dreadful combo of Louisiana heat + rain.

Got jury duty coming up, and while I aim to spend most of that studying for my CompTIA test, I'd like to do another review now that I've finally finished the one I've been sitting on. I already have Namco Klax for the Megadrive, and I'd like to claim that.

Master of Shinobi

I'm tempted to try my hand at reviewing the sims: F-15 Strike Eagle II, F-117 Night Storm, and Mig-29 Fighter Pilot. I don't know if I really want to claim them at the moment though, because I have no idea if/when they'll get done, but I was a fan of the attempts at 16-bit sims back in the day. That being said, those three each have issues and IMO aren't a patch on the best sim on the system: LHX Attack Chopper.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silanda View Post
    I'm tempted to try my hand at reviewing the sims: F-15 Strike Eagle II, F-117 Night Storm, and Mig-29 Fighter Pilot. I don't know if I really want to claim them at the moment though, because I have no idea if/when they'll get done, but I was a fan of the attempts at 16-bit sims back in the day. That being said, those three each have issues and IMO aren't a patch on the best sim on the system: LHX Attack Chopper.
    I 100% agree with you on that -- and feel bad that I still haven't gotten around to writing my review of it, though I've had it "reserved" for ages. As a matter of principle I want to beat it on Very Hard before I pass judgment, but that may not be realistic. Regardless I had a surprisingly fun time with LHX Attack Chopper, framerate be damned -- though I think I like helicopter-based military combat games more than jet-based ones, which probably plays a factor.

BTW if you'd be planning to beat Mig-29 Fighter Pilot as part of your review, we'd be grateful for your help in the beat-'em-all thread. It's the only Genesis flight combat/sim game left. I've tried to take on the game myself but didn't quite click with it.

Namco Klax submitted!

Submitted a review for Mike Ditka Power Football

Outrunner

Some MD games are in dire need of a review (and probably discarded either because they are mostly European or sports?), I think they'll make for a more interesting Genesis section in front page than the ones of the last months... I just want to point out there are actually interesting games to review left (and I understand the preference to review them in real hardware, but Everdrives are now quite common, and there's emulation as a last resort):

Star Cruiser (recently translated)
    Psy-O-Blade (recently translated)
    Puggsy (hidden gem?)
    Fantastic Dizzy (how come?)
    Spirou (nice cartoon graphics)
    Tintin in Tibet (nice cartoon graphics)
    Marble Madness (Tengen Japanese version)
    Ultraman (well, it's a fighting game, goddammit)
    Power Drive (top tier racer, rally ala neo drift)
    F1 World Championship (sequel to "F1" and twice the MEGA POWER)
    Striker (Ultimate Soccer sequel and twice the MEGA POWER)
    PGA III (considered the best golf game)
    Side Pocket (best pool/billiard game?)
    Team USA Basketball (awesome presentation check it out. Also only basketball game to feature national teams including '92 Dream Team?)

+ I guess other interesting sports games should be World Cup USA 94 (huge ad campaign), Tecmo Super Bowl III Final Edition (the best one?), FIFA 97 (only MD game to have indoor soccer?) and probably a second NBA Live iteration (either 96 or 98 which are not simple rooster updates).

Sorry cannot do them myself, not enough English knowledge to do a write-up.

Thanks in advance to whoever picks them up!
    Last edited by chilled; 11-23-2017 at 08:16 PM.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~915) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Submitted a review of College Football's National Championship II a month ago. I'm a little worried now that it hasn't been put on the site yet. Were there any issues with the review that needed to be fixed?

Thread Information