Quantcast

Page 436 of 669 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 10025

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    I got this notice yesterday. But I had already seen it mentioned last week of course through these forums here first. I've not cancelled and do NOT plan to at this time so I'm hopeful it eventually gets released. Again, it will get released when I've forgotten about it and it suddenly shows up on my door step one day.
    Yep, I have the same strategy. No point getting hyped about it with so much uncertainty.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

October here we come..

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    okay folks, so I think I may need your help.

Does anyone know who Olivier «OB1» Brosseron and Jorge Nuno Candeias are or how to contact them? Try as I might, I can't find anything about them, anywhere other than the main paprium page or people and articles commenting on the paprium page.
    OB1 you'll find on Spritesmind
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    This whole leaked beta thing could start a 'Rick ROMmed' craze. I for one would welcome it.
    That already happened years ago, there's even one on NES.

Quote Originally Posted by TmEE View Post
    Thank you! I just registered on Sprite Mind.
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by TmEE View Post
    I think Nuno is a member here... I just forgot which username he goes by.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by netpredakonn View Post
    I think Nuno is a member here... I just forgot which username he goes by.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/member....403-Jorge-Nuno

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by sashadarko View Post
    There's now a Legacy Edition, it's a die hard edition which includes Unique Version, PC Remix, soundtracks (Steam keys and DRM-Free links, 4 copies in total). It also includes Sacred Line Zero prototype (Sasha Kotick's style):
    http://sashadarko.com/darko-products/

No, not exactly. Partially. After I brought up the subject he paid 25% of that he owes me he claimed he sent me before, coming up with ridiculous reason telling it was "just hanging in the system" this whole time (almost a year). Then he told me he will send the rest later, after some time he just openly refused to pay in a mocking way. He also destroyed SLG part of the MGF forums, not even caring one bit about people who wrote their posts here. For example, there was one French fan who made a French translation of the game for everyone to use (which was really great to see). It's gone now because Godde destroyed the forums.

The problem is I can't sue him because of both money and health problems. Plus I don't even know where he lives now - three different persons tell me it's US, China, France.

Anyway, I recently spoke with some Sega Genesis collector who told me Godde already scammed other developers who worked on Paprium. I'd appreciate if someone here will redirect me to these reports if the exist, because I'm completely out of the loop. I thought he just wouldn't be able to scam freelancers - they ask for money first, then do the job later.
    A class action is something I'd probably could join, but hiring a lawyer it's a big no - it would cost much more than he owes me. If I'm not mistaken, it's minimum 6000 euro in Europe. It's a very sad world, where you can't just contact police of the other country, send them the proof so they'd take care of him, it's all about lawyers now. He literally enjoys the fact that he scammed me and knows I can barely do anything about. He broke literally all points of the contract. I wouldn't even know how much copies were sold, if not for Tulio, who SECRETLY sent me the numbers before Godde blocked him out of the dashboard (it was days after game release and Tulio also sent a major part of royalties before leaving the company). Thanks to him and these numbers I know how much the scammer owes me, otherwide I'd have no idea.

I'm aware that everyone is more interested in a product rather than caring about people who made it, but how people don't see that he treats everyone like shit? Developers, company workers, investors, customers, etc.

Stef words from Gamopat Forum about the Datenmeister issue
    (source : http://www.gamopat-forum.com/t97691p...ject-y-paprium). Google translation (sorry) :

" Fonzie contacted me after a long moment of silence (as usual ^ ^). Visibly he really encountered problems with the embedded dSP in the cartridge, they were left on an ASIC solution but it was not stable, random communication .. a lot of problems. They had to go back to another solution (fpga) that work well a priori but which is also more expensive for the manufacture of the cartridge: - / "

Stef was already contacted by Fonzie several months ago to help him about sound driver (technical issue and optimization if I remember well).
    He is famous for GENS & SGDK and also his work to get better digital voices on Street Fighter 2 'CE than Capcom did.
    Last edited by tbp; 04-06-2018 at 12:24 PM.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbp View Post
    Stef words from Gamopat Forum about the Datenmeister issue
    (source : http://www.gamopat-forum.com/t97691p...ject-y-paprium). Google translation (sorry) :

" Fonzie contacted me after a long moment of silence (as usual ^ ^). Visibly he really encountered problems with the embedded dSP in the cartridge, they were left on an ASIC solution but it was not stable, random communication .. a lot of problems. They had to go back to another solution (fpga) that work well a priori but which is also more expensive for the manufacture of the cartridge: - / "

Stef was already contacted by Fonzie several months ago to help him about sound driver (technical issue and optimization if I remember well).
    He is famous for GENS & SGDK and also his work to get better digital voices on Street Fighter 2 'CE than Capcom did.
    Okay so basically what I know has been confirmed... Sat on an issue for nearly 5 years

People invested in a 40 meg cart w/o a chip to be released after 2 years. Not an 80 meg cart w/ a chip released after 6 years. Why the hell delay a game by several years to give them something they never asked for?
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    People invested in a 40 meg cart w/o a chip to be released after 2 years. Not an 80 meg cart w/ a chip released after 6 years. Why the hell delay a game by several years to give them something they never asked for?
    Damn good question.

I thought Paprium was always 80meg (the idea was to surpass Pier Solar, right?). But yeah I don't remember about the coprocessor being brought up back then.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Merriam-Webster dictionary can help us here:

Megalomania
    1 : a mania (see mania 2a) for great or grandiose performance
    an outburst of wildly extravagant commercial megalomania —The Times Literary Supplement (London)
    2 : a delusional mental illness that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur

Yeah the Datenmeister wasn't there on the beginning and wasn't necessary. Yes, it would be a nice bonus to have a coprocessor in a Genesis game now, since the only one we ever got was the SVP. Though I don't see what's the appeal of a chip to help with sound, of all things. I also don't see the appeal of a superpowerful coprocessor that would make this less of a Mega Drive game, which the Datenmeister threatens to be. And if the chip was giving so much problem, they should've dropped it before announcing. They seem to have added this chip not because the game needed, but just because they could.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Thread Information