Quantcast

Page 466 of 466 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 6990

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Ha! I don't want to inadvertently start the hype train by hinting too much at what I've read and seen.
    Could you tell us if what you read was good and interesting (gameplay mechanics/content, etc)
    And if some elements disappointed you

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbp View Post
    Could you tell us if what you read was good and interesting (gameplay mechanics/content, etc)
    And if some elements disappointed you
    I think it would be morally wrong for me to detail game mechanics, etc (plus I've not actually played it!). What I will say is I didn't notice anything glaringly bad about the game in the printed materials. Everything is to the usual Fonz WM production standards. The Manga really impressed me too, although it's a tad short (I imagine cost was a factor here).

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinkiller24 View Post
    Probably in october nothing is released, the game not being finished... then even the most hardcore fans like us and me ask for a symbolic refund. Then they can't ever manufacture and vaporware is real.

It is under production atm , that much I was told and know , because I was asked for the arcade stick artinsert for print !

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

On another note.. ( NOT RELATED TO PAPRIUM ) here is something I did for another Beat em Up.
    https://twitter.com/XLuis__MartinsX/...41779496734720
    Last edited by XGoldenboyX; 08-10-2018 at 10:13 AM.

@ matteus, Goldenboy

Thanks guys for the updates! Any sign of life is really appreciated.

Luis, as always, loving your work!
    Sega Dude

Visit me @ Retro Megabit

Wildside Expert

I heard recently that the game would have something special which wasn't revealed yet. After finding out what this was about, I remembered I had been told by Fonzie himself about this 'novelty' as soon as 2015...
    After all this time I come to the conclusion that being in production doesn't mean much anymore considering it isnt even sure if this concerns the game itself (which isn't known to have a finished tested prototype) or something else...

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    It is under production atm , that much I was told and know , because I was asked for the arcade stick artinsert for print !
    do you think the game (software flashed inside a pcb and cartidge) is being procuded too ? don't you think only boxes manual are being produced without the game still worked on ?

Maybe an army of Chinese hardcore gamers is deeply testing Paprium atm in a factory basement...

Quote Originally Posted by Arm View Post
    I heard recently that the game would have something special which wasn't revealed yet. After finding out what this was about, I remembered I had been told by Fonzie himself about this 'novelty' as soon as 2015...
    Fonzie told me something very interesting about Paprium too years ago (by email).
    Especially for arcade fanatics. Was it the same "special" thing ? Who knows

I don't know if this famous idea lead to something concrete. I don't speak about arcade stick.
    I don't want to say more, and I can't because I didn't got any information since then.
    Last edited by tbp; 08-10-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp View Post
    Maybe an army of Chinese hardcore gamers is deeply testing Paprium atm in a factory basement...
    If that was true, the bootlegs would already be out for sale.
    Sega Dude

Visit me @ Retro Megabit

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    I really had an interest in that stick, Golden, but I didnít get a chance to pre-order it. (I definitely pre-ordered Paprium, though.) Is it likely Iíll be able to buy the arcade stick when it releases with the game? I see WM is no longer accepting pre-orders right now. Is the art for the stick going to be pretty sweet?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Good to know that the stick thing is alive. I pre-ordered one, but no evidence of it's existence has surfaced until now.

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    That reminds me: we once ran into one of those Chinese carts turning out to have part of its "board" made out of rubber (or something like that) to pad out the space. 3.3V is probably the least of your problems with those.

Not to say that 3.3V isn't bad (I've explicitly argued it is, after all), but the race to the bottom in terms of quality has gotten really impressive. I honestly didn't see that one coming.

EDIT: click pic to enlarge (also pic not mine, just grabbed it from the chat :​v)
    And yeah it was one of those make-your-own-game cheapo cartridges

it seems the 5v address+data bus working on 3,3v flash mem is a matter of luck, in fact many chinese carts doenst work or fail cause the flash mem just burns

on top of that, the difference 5v - 3,3v does not affect only to the controller / memory on the cart, it generates current on the console side that may break your system too.

there is more info on this site:

https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05...etro-consoles/

general message: do not use carts without at least array of resistors for the address+data lines. Proper ground pour + level traslators are much better.

it seems for the pier solar they used at least the first option, resistors, and they used a proper ground plane

vSjowIZ.jpg

update: it seems second batch of ier solar didnt use the array of resistors
    Last edited by chameleon; Today at 04:49 AM.

Glad I didn't cave in and get a refund! Hopefully it really is ready by October.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker MushaAleste's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    in fact many chinese carts doenst work or fail cause the flash mem just burns
    Absolutely. Some of them die when you first pop them in. Others stop working after a few weeks. Aliexpress crap :(

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner avlon's Avatar

^I had a cheap Wily Wars cart where the ROM chip fell off while in use...

Thread Information