Quantcast

Page 457 of 457 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 6855

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Sports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    I cannot tell for sure.
    At least we are working on stuff that usually comes close to release.
    Unless there's some stuff I'm not aware of, I do not see October as being out of reach.
    Well thanks a lot ! this kind of information is surprising me and making me enthousiast, at least Paprium isn't a vaporware and you saw it running but also working on it, sounds good

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One tokay's Avatar

Beware, I did not exactly say such things!
    I simply said that I am helping on some stuff we usually do in the end, before producing and releasing a game.
    Therefore I assume that, unless there are some issues I am not aware of, a release in October does not look impossible.
    Do not be too hyped yet

Sports Talker

I simply said that I am helping on some stuff we usually do in the end, before producing and releasing a game.
    Therefore I assume that, unless there are some issues I am not aware of, a release in October does not look impossible.
    Do not be too hyped yet

a piece of enthousiasm in this world won't kill it's still cool for me to read those news you gave. I hope you enjoy working on it as much as i enjoy dreaming about this project...

Outrunner

One cent recommendation, you may ensure to have a proper power adapter for your console before the release.
    Make sure to have an official one, or a clone having at least the same characteristics as an official one.
    No need to hurry, of course!
    so is the Datenmeister gonna need all the current it can get ?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Extreme Procrastinator Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

We're going to get Watermelon branded replacement PSUs with higher amperage for those 110v territories?

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Do not be too hyped yet
    What "stuff" do you usually do prior to release? Can those involved stop with the half baked secretive stuff that probably amounts to nothing. Tanglewood has managed complete transparency throughout dev without revealing any major game secrets it would be nice if WM could follow suit.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One tokay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    What "stuff" do you usually do prior to release?
    The same that was done for Pier Solar, Sacred Lines, Papi Commando and games in general.

Anyways, I only gave my opinion based on what I'm working on.
    I will not reveal anything as I have been requested to.
    I don't know nor care about others, but I do keep my promises.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training MushaAleste's Avatar

So the play testing/ bug squishing phase has begun. Was about time!

Just a reminder:
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post807118
    Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    Oh he is. His diminishing number of followers probably made him aware already, but he enjoys it. Because Fonzie fuels on these occasions to get everyone talking about the game and get all the passionate stir that we've seen on the past weeks, then he releases a small update to "calm the masses" and suddenly everyone is so pumped up about the possible release in the next (insert random number here) months.

He has said this to me and other people, I won't remember the exact words but it's among these lines: "people can complain now but after release everyone forgets it, so it doesn't matter".
    It's annoying how Paprium keeps getting all the attention here over non-news while the homebrew that actually is showing signs of progress (or even impending release!) ends up mostly overlooked unless you're following their kickstarter or whatever .-.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Just a reminder:
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post807118

It's annoying how Paprium keeps getting all the attention here over non-news while the homebrew that actually is showing signs of progress (or even impending release!) ends up mostly overlooked unless you're following their kickstarter or whatever .-.
    I donít think thatís strictly true; the likes of Tanglewood and Xeno Crisis, presumably theyíre the games youíre referring to, are receiving attention on this board. Perhaps the threads arenít as active as Parium, but paradoxically, this could simply be down to them being transparent on their progress and hence we do not need to hypothesise or argue over when, or even if, they will see release. In terms of press outside these forums, we all know Matt has been working hard promoting the title and was even featured on the BBC! The same could not be said for Paprium. I am not sure Xeno Crisis has received the same level of mainstream press as Tanglewood, but hopefully once the latter has been released, Matt might have the time to give the developers a few tips/contacts so they can promote their game in the same channels. Lastly, as we know, Watermelon have released titles in the past which have had a high quality both in terms of production and the game itself, and having a track record will increase the chances of getting in front of mainstream press. I am sure that once Tanglewood and Xeno Crisis have been released, journos will be clamouring for information on any upcoming projects the respective devs may be working on.

The main thing with the two aforementioned titles is that us, the enthusiasts, have seen the potential of both titles hence why both smashed through their Kickstarter campaigns, sheer hard work notwithstanding. They are both in a similar position to Watermelon prior to the release of Pier Solar, and once their titles have seen released, both will be able to ride their own waves. Meanwhile Watermelon, bizarrely, seem intent on tempering the wave they worked so hard to create.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by crazyteknohed View Post
    I donít think thatís strictly true; the likes of Tanglewood and Xeno Crisis, presumably theyíre the games youíre referring to, are receiving attention on this board. Perhaps the threads arenít as active as Parium, but paradoxically, this could simply be down to them being transparent on their progress and hence we do not need to hypothesise or argue over when, or even if, they will see release. In terms of press outside these forums, we all know Matt has been working hard promoting the title and was even featured on the BBC! The same could not be said for Paprium. I am not sure Xeno Crisis has received the same level of mainstream press as Tanglewood, but hopefully once the latter has been released, Matt might have the time to give the developers a few tips/contacts so they can promote their game in the same channels. Lastly, as we know, Watermelon have released titles in the past which have had a high quality both in terms of production and the game itself, and having a track record will increase the chances of getting in front of mainstream press. I am sure that once Tanglewood and Xeno Crisis have been released, journos will be clamouring for information on any upcoming projects the respective devs may be working on.

The main thing with the two aforementioned titles is that us, the enthusiasts, have seen the potential of both titles hence why both smashed through their Kickstarter campaigns, sheer hard work notwithstanding. They are both in a similar position to Watermelon prior to the release of Pier Solar, and once their titles have seen released, both will be able to ride their own waves. Meanwhile Watermelon, bizarrely, seem intent on tempering the wave they worked so hard to create.
    I like your words, they are beautiful, but at some point they seem lost in long reverie.
    I respect you, but there are many assumptions without concreteness.
    About Matt and BBC, even though they know they exist, we can not state details of how Matt is promoting his work.

The Watermelon is not Treasure, we referred to it as a great reality, but this is wrong, we had talented professionals, some like Tulio, Martins and etc. But it's hard to talk about the future, the studio seems fragmented.
    Saying that feedback or promotion is small, just by choice or because they are busy working hard, is disrespectful to other studios who always provide feedback and updates to their supporters.
    We have special affection for Watermelon , but the way he treats his supporters is not cool, the harsh criticism is right.

In time, I had a little opportunity to talk Tķlio, and I can say that he is a very receptive and pleasant person, I remember him as the face of Watermelon, always talking to the agent.
    People like this, Watermelon can not lose.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    We sure can. You just need to follow Tanglewood and Big Evil Corp on Twitter.
    The effort he's been putting into promoting this game is second to none.

https://twitter.com/tanglewoodgame
    https://twitter.com/Big_Evil_Corp
    Thank you my friend, I know Matt's effort at work, I was saying about details.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Here's the outcome of this. Regardless if Paprium releases or not, or whether it's good or garbage, (don't get your hopes up, they've never produced an anything killer on the console, let alone hoping to dethrone what is widely believed to be one of the greatest beat em ups of all time, but I digress. The reality is, when Tanglewood and Xenocrisis release, they'll sell, but more importantly, they'll deliver on the promise and ultimate potential of transparent crowdfunded retro console development. If Paprium releases, people will buy it, but I highly doubt anyone will buy into WM, or Fonzie's schemes ever again.

I'll personally never fund anything that joker is involved with again, until I see concrete evidence and a realistic, transparent dev process. Frankly, I don't care who develops the games, or what their passion level for this or that genre is. WM's process is hot garbage, and I don't ever forsee myself contributing to a project run by that development "team" ever again.

I really hope everyone buys Xenocrisis and Tanglewood, and that other teams see the success of that sort of dev process/cycle, and follows their example.

Thread Information