Quantcast

Page 550 of 669 FirstFirst ... 50450500540546547548549550551552553554560600650 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 10022

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    I can't believe after all this time the version that Arm tested didn't even have interaction between the players and enemies! I'm not going to claim I know how to program a beat em up but just for testing purposes it should have been simple to add some basic enemy AI.
    Fonzie just had wrong priorities, no doubt. Before adding foreground elements, fancy flashy effects, a game intro etc, focus on getting the game basics working. Game developers usually do that long before having the final assets (using temporary graphics etc), and he didn't do it despite already having all the assets he needed.

Beat Em Ups Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

The money I invested at this point I consider it a donation. If the game releases great if not lesson learned. Like many others have said just release what you have or release the rom and maybe another developer can finish it for a %.
    Women Asian Please
    Beat Em Up- Streets of Rage 2
    Platformer- Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Run and Gun- Gunstar Heroes
    Adventure- Story of Thor
    Action- Shinobi 3

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    The money I invested at this point I consider it a donation. If the game releases great if not lesson learned. Like many others have said just release what you have or release the rom and maybe another developer can finish it for a %.
    Unless the pre Pier Solar Fonz appears I don't see this ever happening

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    :Yeah but its really bad for the scene...
    alot of new games are coming out and the people are buying it to support th dev and bring the title to our homes..
    but if the most famous company atm floops the release of the msot hyped game in years..
    the general consumer in majority will step back about this..

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    It's quite disheartening to read this thread. I haven't asked for a refund and still have a sliver of hope that the game might come out. If it doesn't, then Fonzie can keep the $60. If that's worth more to him than a repeat customer, then fine. $60 isn't going to break the bank. Either way, I will never do business with Watermelon again.
    Same reasoning I'm following... I have $120 on Paprium and $60 on project N. By now, given how things are being handled, I feel I'm lust losing my time by asking for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    alot of new games are coming out and the people are buying it to support th dev and bring the title to our homes..
    but if the most famous company atm floops the release of the msot hyped game in years..
    Only because people keep saying "this is the year Paprium comes out!". Had most of them admitted earlier that there was no clear time frame for the release it wouldn't be anywhere as bad, especially with Tanglewood and Xeno Crisis taking the spot now (the first batch of Tanglewood cartridges started arriving since yesterday :​P a few months late but at least people are getting what they paid for).

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert tokay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    True.
    For instance, Vetea's work is recognized by everyone, but current preorders for Bomb on Basic City Special Edition are far from being impressive...
    Anyhow, people buying it will have a very rare item

Master of Shinobi

I don't mean any disrespect at all and I myself am an admirer of the hard work done most of the time by just an individual, but at this point (and not taking into consideration how nice or professional the developer's are being -which is unfair I reckon), maybe we should differentiate more between the scope/size of homebrew projects. IMHO there's:

A titles like Hangman SG or ComradeOj´s valuable efforts, most BasiEgaXorz games, etc.
    AA titles most of the talked about homebrew games fall under this category. Vetea, 1985alternativo, Z-team, Flemteam, Sik, and many more
    AAA titles which are just a handful, Pier Solar being the prime example but probably both Tanglewood and particularly Xeno Crisis falling under this category.

We'll see were Tänzer and other notable efforts currently WIP fall under, as it is very subjective obviously... Also I think they should be compared to other unlicensed titles like the taiwanese ones, etc. and not with official licenses back then. Just my 2 cents, but there is probably 3 categories and those games sell accordingly I guess.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

You do not sound disrespectful at all!
    After all these years and all these pages written here and on other forums... I feel like I wasted too much of my attention on PAPRIUM.
    There are other creators out there who deliver and need to be supported. They are the ones that make our favourite Genny live endlessly.
    It's like chasing an ungraspable super pretty girl when a more charming one was there all the time.
    Rather than talking over spilled milk, I will try to focus more on the good stuff around.
    Last edited by tokay; 11-23-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    True.
    For instance, Vetea's work is recognized by everyone, but current preorders for Bomb on Basic City Special Edition are far from being impressive...
    Anyhow, people buying it will have a very rare item
    Wait whut where?! I didn't know it was getting a release.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandcattle View Post
    Wait whut where?! I didn't know it was getting a release.
    I have created a dedicated topic here: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...do-Tennis-Demo
    Editor did not put an English page yet, but I can confirm game and manual will be both in French and English!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Vetea's Avatar

... and you can follow Papi Commando on Tweeter now !!

@CommandoPapi !

Cheers,
    Vetea

I wonder in what category does my game fit
    http://orionsoft.free.fr/retroshop/md.htm

Retro Game Development -> http://onorisoft.free.fr/ <-
    on Megadrive, Dreamcast, PS1, Gameboy, PC engine, Atari, Jaguar

Master of Shinobi

As a buyer of your cart, I would say A for the cart/pcb but AA for the game IMHO. It's the only AA title I have bought I think, actually. And BTW now that you don't seel them with a box anymore, could you make public the cover art or send it over PM ? Many thanks.

32 MEGA POWER FYI

And as for unlicensed taiwanese etc games, I would say:

A Yang Warrior Family, Wisdom Tree games, Action 52, Tec Toy Mega Drive 4 games (I'm being benevolent here), Lion King 2 & 3, Aladdin 2, Mulan, Rockman x3, Squirrel King, Chinese Fighter (& clones/hacks), all those Russian Super Mario crappy gameplay variants, Pokemon games, Magic Bubble, Earth Defend, Divine Sealing, Aventurous Boy, etc etc

AA Water Margin, Star Odissey, Legend of Wukong, Super Bubble Bobble MD, Top Fighter 2000, Super Mario Bros. (Mairtrus), Magic Girl (being benevolent)

AAA Beggar Prince, Brave Battle Saga
    Last edited by chilled; 11-26-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

@orion: I just bought your game too. I wanted to buy it a while ago, and forgot to... and I actually did the translation of Atari version's manual :-D

BOBC SE sales still do not go up that much. We got a few sales coming from abroad, so thanks to those of you who support this project!

Thread Information