Quantcast

Page 443 of 443 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443
Results 6,631 to 6,643 of 6643

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    What I said is, Fonzie asked me to come to china to help him out finalize the game , possibly and most likely tweaking game play. So i said, we can do this over the web , because at that time I could not go to China for two weeks as he asked me. it does not mean the game is not completed, it simply means there are things to tweak. Other then the issue with the Sound chip, everything else for the game to my knowledge is supposed to be done !
    If this is true, I really can't imagine why Fonzie would continue with his desire to withhold footage/information about the game. This comment makes it sound like the game is pretty much ready to go, outside of a hardware issue, which I would imagine shouldn't take too terribly long to figure out.

This is a time that Fonzie should reach out to other members of the Genesis community. I imagine there are members that might be able to help him figure this out.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

This comment makes it sound like the game is pretty much ready to go, outside of a hardware issue, which I would imagine shouldn't take too terribly long to figure out.
    The hardware alteration is a huge undertaking.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker tokay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    This is a time that Fonzie should reach out to other members of the Genesis community. I imagine there are members that might be able to help him figure this out.
    He did contact Stef (SGDK creator among other things). I do not know the details.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't even see that. I saw the screenshot you're referring to, how the heck is that supposed to be possible with moving sprites? I am not a Genesis developer but from what I've seen I didn't think a coprocessor could add an extra layer in front of everything else without an external mixing cable like the 32X, unless the game is running entirely on that chip (which IMO defeats the purpose of making new Genesis games).

Having worked on other hardware that lacked alpha channels, if you told me to put a translucency in front of the sprites I'd probably just use a mesh/dither effect and tell people to play over composite if they want it to look right.
    That wasn't even the issue, there are ways to fake limited translucency, and for all we know it could have been two consecutive frames with dither in alternate patterns like Project MD does (especially if it was paused). The problem was that layer priority didn't make sense at all, look at how the enemy tossed to the left interacts with that bar.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert foxnoodles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    The hardware alteration is a huge undertaking.
    Why did u ignore the first part of his msg.

Yes hardware alteration might take a bunch of time(actually I don't believe so cuz, it would be done via cosmetic wrapper around new chips asm and memory manager anyway... that's like 1-2 month at max), but the rom is there and was tested (as Fonzie said it was a last minute change) there's not a single dev in the world who has a working game and doesn't share the screens at least.

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    That wasn't even the issue, there are ways to fake limited translucency, and for all we know it could have been two consecutive frames with dither in alternate patterns like Project MD does (especially if it was paused). The problem was that layer priority didn't make sense at all, look at how the enemy tossed to the left interacts with that bar.
    Ah I see, I didn't realize that. Sure would be nice to see a video of the game on real hardware and no filter to see how it actually looks.

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    What I said is, Fonzie asked me to come to china to help him out finalize the game , possibly and most likely tweaking game play. So i said, we can do this over the web , because at that time I could not go to China for two weeks as he asked me. it does not mean the game is not completed, it simply means there are things to tweak. Other then the issue with the Sound chip, everything else for the game to my knowledge is supposed to be done !
    So the game will be released. And Fonzie is not an idiot. He surely will take advantage of the 30th birthday (anniversary) of the Megadrive.
    To get everyone agree that the game is good and "sacrifices" was not in vain. It will be a Marketing success despite of Fonzie's behavior/ mistakes. I hope every collaborators wil be credited and paid for their work all around the world. In addition to be proud of Paprium quality.
    For many and different reasons, I think Paprium will be a major event/fact in "Neo Retro Revival" video game History. An epic adventure full of issues and twists. Show must go on !

Nameless One

paprium translucency.jpg

Here's the part I found unusual. This translucency effect happens a few times in this video, at first I thought it was only over the background but it appears to clip parts of the sprites too (why?)

Also all of the sprites appear to freeze when it happens, except the stunned Tug sprite still moves as do the stars over his head.

The video is 30 fps though so as Sik said it could just be a mesh that alternates on every frame?

Still hoping they will pull through and the game will be released.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbp View Post
    So the game will be released. And Fonzie is not an idiot. He surely will take advantage of the 30th birthday (anniversary) of the Megadrive.
    To get everyone agree that the game is good and "sacrifices" was not in vain. It will be a Marketing success despite of Fonzie's behavior/ mistakes. I hope every collaborators wil be credited and paid for their work all around the world. In addition to be proud of Paprium quality.
    For many and different reasons, I think Paprium will be a major event/fact in "Neo Retro Revival" video game History. An epic adventure full of issues and twists. Show must go on !
    I would love for everyone that worked to be paid fully, but since many people dint get paid for months, see years I doubt he will care to eventually pay those he should. Just recently while having a talk with the manga artist ( Soaps ) she mentioned to me he also missed in payments for her work and then came back to ask for more work and she declined as previous payments where not met. So this hole thing of not paying people is worse then I expected, Sad.
    Last edited by XGoldenboyX; Yesterday at 11:52 PM.

Old Sega is where it's at Wildside Expert gglol's Avatar

So sad to see this happen. Hopefully things turn around.

SEGA Master Nameless One madperry's Avatar

Still no refund or reply on Pier Solar & Paprium. Its been 3 days. Will update again in another couple days, or sooner if they actually reply/refund.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker SmaMan's Avatar

Crap... after catching myself up with the last 80 pages of crap that happened, I'm kinda wanting to look into a refund myself, but now it seems people are having trouble even getting those.

I mean, at least I only pre-ordered a game, and not the crazy joystick and other doodads (which were incredibly tempting at the time...) so I think I'm only out $60, but still.
    Last edited by SmaMan; Today at 02:03 PM.

When I'm not blast processing, I like to write. You can find my short stories and other ramblings at smaman.wordpress.com!

Thread Information