Quantcast

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Wukong: Official Thread

Default Legend of Wukong: Official Thread

This just in:

Hello, friend!

This is Brandon Cobb, president of Super Fighter Team, with a special message for YOU, our valued customer! By now, I'm sure that you've enjoyed many fun and exciting hours with Beggar Prince - and I'd like to first take the time to thank you once again for purchasing the game. Your interest and support are both very important to me.

Now I ask you, what could be better than a brand-new game for your Sega Genesis / Megadrive? Simple: TWO brand-new games! That's right! Not interested in resting on our laurels, we at Super Fighter Team decided to go right back to work after our success with Beggar Prince - and, after over a year's worth of highly focused, dedicated effort, we are very proud to officially announce our newest game for the Genesis / Megadrive...

LEGEND OF WUKONG: A 16 megabit role playing adventure game set in ancient China and featuring a curious time traveling boy, a pig-man, and a beautiful young girl - all three of whom you'll get to control as their adventure through a demon-ravaged land unfolds! Guide them through ancient perils, arming them with the best equipment money can buy, and pick up some helpful herbs and spells along the way! Track the stolen time machine! Overcome the devious and deadly bosses! Enjoy loads of humor! Your Genesis / Megadrive has been waiting for a new game, and this is it!

This game will be presented in the same authentic, high-quality style that you've come to appreciate from us, including: game cartridge with plastic shell, plastic clamshell case with full color insert, and a full color 16 page instruction manual! Best of all, Legend of Wukong will play perfectly on any and all PAL and NTSC Sega Genesis and Megadrive systems, including the Nomad, 32X, X'Eye, Laseractive, etc., as well as on all compatible systems!
    For more information on Legend of Wukong, I invite you to visit the game's official website - http://www.legendofwukong.com

Once there you will be able to read detailed information about the game, its story and its characters, view a large selection of in-game screenshots, and...
    WE ARE NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS FOR LEGEND OF WUKONG!
    THE GAME WILL BEGIN TO SHIP TO PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS, 2008!
    Please visit us at - http://www.legendofwukong.com

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly to share them. I'm always more than happy to personally respond within a timely manner, to ensure your satisfaction. Again, thank-you for your interest in our videogame products. With the continued support of people like you, we're destined to keep achieving our dream: To be a successful producer of exciting new videogames for the classic systems we all love. Never let dreams die!

--

- Brandon Cobb
    President, Super Fighter Team - www.superfighter.com
    "Never let dreams die!"

Two things on a personal note: first, I would sticky this but I'm apparently no longer a mod, and secondly I'm not sure if I'm on board for preordering.

I mean, this one seems like pretty much nothing more than a translation of a vintage Chinese/Taiwanese RPG. I wasn't sure what to expect with Beggar Prince, but I bought it on faith and support for what SuperFighter was doing. I did that once, but this time around it'll take a great game (solid reviews, some video footage that piques my interest) for me to drop $50 again.

Personally I'm more pumped about Pier Solar than this, although SuperFighter could help that out by releasing a damn demo. Why not, SFT?
    Last edited by Genesis Knight; 09-28-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Sports Talker

Thanks this looks great. I loved Beggar Prince and this looks to be up to the great production values you guys are known for. I'll surely be pre-ordering when I get paid on Thurs. Thanx again.

Nameless One

Started a Thread on Atariage also

i enjoyed Beggar Prince, and i will get this one also when cash flow allows it, might not beable to get it before the xmas rush tho

Road Rasher

It's been argued to death, but this whole "BRAND NEW" angle needs to stop.

Pity rep is still rep. Raging in the Streets Mr Smith's Avatar

Chinese time travellers = win!

I'm confident I will buy this at some point, although superflous cash is a luxury I don't have at the moment. Having just payed for Pier Solar and the escalating costs of the European Mega Drive Championship, it may be a couple of months before the Legend of Wukong (which sounds like poor man's Legend of Zelda) is added to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight View Post
    Two things on a personal note: first, I would sticky this but I'm apparently no longer a mod, and secondly I'm not sure if I'm on board for preordering.
    The power of Rául works in mysterious ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl
    You my lord, are a poet and a scholar. Of death.

Stuck.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

I'm apparently no longer a mod
    I have my methods.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

A pleasant surprise this morning! I probably wont be buying it right away like last time, but once the reviews come in and it's sounds like it's worth $46, I'll go steal $46 and buy it.

I mean, this one seems like pretty much nothing more than a translation of a vintage Chinese/Taiwanese RPG. I wasn't sure what to expect with Beggar Prince, but I bought it on faith and support for what SuperFighter was doing. I did that once, but this time around it'll take a great game (solid reviews, some video footage that piques my interest) for me to drop $50 again.
    Yeah, nothing more, except "localized, debugged, heavily reprogrammed, enhanced and otherwise prepared for official worldwide release by Super Fighter Team." And it's $46.

Personally I'm more pumped about Pier Solar than this, although SuperFighter could help that out by releasing a damn demo. Why not, SFT?
    Just download the original ROM, that should do for you.

I think this game looks great (apart from the obviously new art, which is totally different from the original one, just look at the outlines of the doctor and compare it to the others). It seems to have an exciting story and fun battle system. I enjoyed Beggar Prince very much, it gave me a very special feeling when I got the game and played it for the first time, the feeling of a new Mega Drive game. I'm sure Legend of Wukong (and that other new game... hm, I probably shouldn't mention its name or it is infuriating advertisment apparently ) will do the same for me, especially since I love RPGs.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Don't split hairs on the price unless you're trying to be a douche, Zebbe.

As for getting the original ROM, that wouldn't be the same thing, because SFTs localization is "localized, debugged, heavily reprogrammed, enhanced and otherwise prepared for official worldwide release", right? Don't I need an SFT demo since they've done all this stuff to it? Secondly, stumbling around a Chinese-language ROM doesn't strike me as equivalent to a demo.

At any rate, you seem willing to preorder based off of impressions of 'excitement' and 'fun'. And a 'very special feeling' you had with a completely different game. Sorry if I don't join you.
    Last edited by Genesis Knight; 09-28-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Talking

I'll be preordering this when I get the cash to since it looks pretty good
    its great to be seeing all these new Genesis games

Don't split hairs on the price unless you're trying to be a douche, Zebbe.
    Seriously, why be wrong, when it is so easy to be correct?

As for getting the original ROM, that wouldn't be the same thing, because SFTs localization is "localized, debugged, heavily reprogrammed, enhanced and otherwise prepared for official worldwide release", right? Don't I need an SFT demo since they've done all this stuff to it? Secondly, stumbling around a Chinese-language ROM doesn't strike me as equivalent to a demo.
    Not the same thing, but you still have mostly the same graphics, the battle system and music to fall back on with the ROM, which along with the text on the official site should demonstrate the game enough for you, even without English. Making a demo isn't really like taking a slice of a pie and serve it by the way. I bet they want to spend their $$$ on making the actual game.

At any rate, you seem willing to preorder based off of impressions of 'excitement' and 'fun'. And a 'very special feeling' you had with a completely different game. Sorry if I don't join you.
    Well, I didn't grow up with emulators, so not testing a game before buying it has been something I've done many times. I think many people did that and got help from magazines etc. to get these kinds of impressions, and trusting your instincts is something you learn to do... What other impressions do you need to get a game, "boredom" and "dullness" perhaps? And if I like the genre and other games by the publisher, aren't those enough indications to get a game?

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

the doctor had those outlines in the original too.

Hm yeah I see that now. I wonder why only he has them.

Thread Information