Quantcast

Page 636 of 642 FirstFirst ... 136536586626632633634635636637638639640 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 9627

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    So basically, Streets of Rage 2?
    Sor 2 is approuved as the best game of the genre on the Genesis by worldwide fans.
    So it is the only one benchmark to consider if you want to make a great game.
    Fonzie push the quality level to the top for Paprium (Sor series, Capcom arcade hits, and so on). Delays, delays, and delays seem endless.
    The Paprium puzzle is technically complex and it is still difficult to put together all the pieces. Fonzie is ambitious and perfectionist, forgetting people around him.
    My main concern is about Soundtrack & SFX which were not implemented in the launch party demo at Paris.
    And Luis did'nt answer to my questions about sound and gameplay. Not a good sign.
    Did Luis play a mute game on his Genesis, or was it another cheat by Fonzie ?
    Last edited by tbp; 06-13-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp View Post
    And Luis did'nt answer to my questions about sound and gameplay. Not a good sign.
    Did Luis play a mute game on his Genesis, or was it another cheat by Fonzie ?
    I think Luis is trying hard to find a balance between attempting to restoring our faith in Paprium while at the same time not revealing too much because Fonzie really loves the idea of everything being a surprise and fresh and new on day one. Luis is in an impossible position. He can't stratify everyone. Only Fonzie can.
    Sega Dude

Visit me @ Retro Megabit

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Do not you know that Fonzie is like modern day Fantomas? He can impersonate pretty much anyone. Luis, me, you.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbp View Post
    Fonzie push the quality level to the top for Paprium (Sor series, Capcom arcade hits, and so on).
    I don't share that feeling. He pushed the "wow" factor to the max, not the quality. Otherwise he wouldn't have bothered trying to include huge sprites which reduce the playfield and can't be animated properly on the Mega Drive due to their size.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    ...Fonzie really loves the idea of everything being a surprise and fresh and new on day one...
    This is totally inconsistent with all the informations released during the party.
    How can I be surprised by reading a manga that I have practically already read?

There are no valid reasons to do not share some informations at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by majinga View Post
    This is totally inconsistent with all the informations released during the party.
    How can I be surprised by reading a manga that I have practically already read?

There are no valid reasons to do not share some informations at this point.
    I agree, but I'm guessing that Fonzie still wants as much as possible to be a surprise. Not that any amount of guessing amounts to much...

I think the party was an attempt to put out the fire; which did not work.
    Sega Dude

Visit me @ Retro Megabit

The only big surprise method left for Fonzie is to sudden release of the game without any announcement i.e. all of a sudden the finished game shows up in customers' mail.

Quote Originally Posted by molasar View Post
    The only big surprise method left for Fonzie is to sudden release of the game without any announcement i.e. all of a sudden the finished game shows up in customers' mail.
    He can't do that because he first needs to ask for everyone's current address (which was supposed to be done last year, around the time of the launch party).

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    He can't do that because he first needs to ask for everyone's current address (which was supposed to be done last year, around the time of the launch party).
    Yes, I have forgotten about it but still he can ask for it and about a new one in the same email if they change it after 30 days of receiving his email and just to keep him updated from this point. It leaves him enough time to surprise customers. Anyway I just speculate here.
    Without it, the other big surprise would be an announcement of Paprium release for modern platforms or just for XBox console at E3 2019 Microsoft conference being released at the same time with Genesis/MD port.

Fonzie just communicating is a big surprise every year it happens.

Outrunner

I don't share that feeling. He pushed the "wow" factor to the max, not the quality. Otherwise he wouldn't have bothered trying to include huge sprites which reduce the playfield and can't be animated properly on the Mega Drive due to their size.
    So far Paprium is a tech demo not a game. The sprites are big, but the animation is broken and they can't actually interact with anything. But the hardware is an even bigger mess. It's supposed to have a 300 MHz processor, extra RAM, Bluetooth connectivity, DLC, extra sound channels and who knows what else all jammed into a Genesis cart. It is a very crazy undertaking for a guy who as I understand it is more artist/architect than engineer. At best he greatly underestimated the time to design/implement/debug each component let alone getting all of them to work together.

Fonzie just communicating is a big surprise every year it happens.
    LOL!

That reminds me, did you guys see that video of Doom running on NES?

This is much smarter than Fonzie's failed custom chip attempts.

Site Supervillain Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Wow after I post proof of legal action he responds. Amazing. Again. However people are still pursuing legal action and there are so many youtube documentaries of Paprium fiasco its ridiculous now https://youtu.be/-hh1db37VzE?t=892 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXLtnqbeBNI&t=1297s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fukGY5wDTiQ etc

Fonzie ripped me and so many others off man some people bought a gold/ultimate package for almost 200 a decade ago and we have nothing even the DateMeister chip he owns and was a scam and don't work ! He asked Jredd and Grove303 to redo soundtrack how many times, why after no unreleased Yuko track was going to be used they made a great soundtrack letting us hear unreleased Paprium tracks, well damn the whole thing is unreleased now LOL.
    Last edited by Vector; 06-07-2019 at 09:57 PM.
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner avlon's Avatar

That reminds me, did you guys see that video of Doom running on NES?

This is much smarter than Fonzie's failed custom chip attempts.
    Seems like it's similar to when Super Mario World was also "run" on a NES:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...bit_of_hacking

Or what the Super Retro Advance did on the SNES: https://www.retrorgb.com/superretroadvance.html

More similar to the former since it's still relying on the NES video output. In theory audio could be output by feeding it as a stream for the DPCM channel as well (even if it'd sound like shit, but that'd fit along with the graphics looking bad due to the limited palette!), assuming audio doesn't get remade to play as NES sound effects :​P

For what's worth it, the original Wide Boy (a Game Boy devkit that used the NES for video output) worked the same way.

Thread Information