Quantcast

Page 534 of 656 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544584634 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 9827

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Somewhat off topic and if this is offensive please delete, but is Fonzie gay? Serious question - I look at some of the enemy choices, him surrounding himself with shirtless men, the talk about a party at midnight involving leather, that mustache... that's how it looks to me. Nothing wrong with it if he is, of course.
    I dont think his sexuality is relevant to this thread or any thread for that matter!

a.k.a. ManuL÷we Sports Talker Ramsis's Avatar

Somewhat off topic and if this is offensive please delete, but is Fonzie gay? Serious question - I look at some of the enemy choices, him surrounding himself with shirtless men, the talk about a party at midnight involving leather, that mustache... that's how it looks to me. Nothing wrong with it if he is, of course.
    As a gay myself, let me try to provide you with material to answer this question thyself, dear man:

(And I just quote from the infamous fiasco blog)

https://papriumfiasco.files.wordpres...ate.png?w=1100

And yes, leather-clad men it is/was (again).
    I'm currently selling my sealed copy of Pier Solar (EUR, first print): eBay link

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsis View Post
    Fair enough, French brother. But does this interpretation make any sense to you? I.e., with the 32X (an add-on whose tremendous power needs no further explanation), he's even more restricted in features?? WTF???
    I think what he's trying to say is he'd need 2 versions of the same engine one for the 32x and one for the MD. It's a lot of effort! He'd have to write an engine to emulate scroll planes to take advantage of the 32x for backgrounds for instance.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    I dont think his sexuality relevant to this thread or any thread for that matter!
    Fair enough. Sorry to bring it up I don't know the man and I mean no disrespect to him or anyone of any sexual orientation, I took down my post.

Outrunner

As a gay myself, let me try to provide you with material to answer this question thyself, dear man:

(And I just quote from the infamous fiasco blog)

https://papriumfiasco.files.wordpres...ate.png?w=1100

And yes, leather-clad men it is/was (again).
    Wow, if I had seen that I would never have spent a penny on Pier Solar.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker jymannob's Avatar

Fair enough, French brother. But does this interpretation make any sense to you? I.e., with the 32X (an add-on whose tremendous power needs no further explanation), he's even more restricted in features?? WTF???
    Not really, but in an interview the question is important.
    Did the reporter ask him if his game could be 32x compatible?
    If he could have taken advantage of the 32x?
    If his game was also compatible 32x?

I think what he's trying to say is he'd need 2 versions of the same engine one for the 32x and one for the MD. It's a lot of effort! He'd have to write an engine to emulate scroll planes to take advantage of the 32x for backgrounds for instance.
    This could be a good interpretation.

I think what he's trying to say is he'd need 2 versions of the same engine one for the 32x and one for the MD.
    Hilarious! But, no.

Fair enough. Sorry to bring it up I don't know the man and I mean no disrespect to him or anyone of any sexual orientation, I took down my post.
    Feigling!
    I'm currently selling my sealed copy of Pier Solar (EUR, first print): eBay link

Outrunner

Feigling!
    LOL! Matteus is right though his personal life is none of my business. I'm here to discuss games I don't care what someone does offline.

Hilarious! But, no.
    I'm not saying that's what he's saying from a translation perspective :P I'm saying if he did a version for the 32x to use it's palette he'd have to emulate the same effects for the scroll planes in code on the 32x as he couldn't use the mds hardware for it

LOL! Matteus is right though his personal life is none of my business. I'm here to discuss games I don't care what someone does offline.
    I do. And I hate it. I mean, where's the fur?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

@Stifu We're talking about this video still, aren't we?

What that Fonzie woman actually says is this: In order to make her (non-existant) "game" work on the 32X, she would have to cut features from the MD/Genesis version.

What this translates to is this: Paprika, if it ever comes out, won't be compatible with the 32X. This, and nothing more or less, was what she said.

Sorry!
    Yep, that's the video. After talking about having to cut features from the MD version to make a 32x version, he says "Je peux pas me permettre d'avoir deux jeux en un, un pour le 32x et un sans le 32x", which means "I can't affort to make two games in one, one for the 32x and the other without the 32x".

It makes sense to me. He means he'd be more restricted in features for the 32x-less version, not for the 32x-enabled one. The 32x-specific code would take cart space, development time, resources etc that could instead be spent making a better MD-only game.

Outrunner

I do. And I hate it. I mean, where's the fur?
    LOL wtf is this, this can't be the real account can it?

Codiekitty, can I slam my maned head onto your desk please.

Thank you.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

LOL wtf is this, this can't be the real account can it?
    It is... I remember it. You know, the most anti-gay people are always the biggest closeted gay. But anyway, yeah, I'd rather talk about Paprium.

Wildside Expert

I translated the video where fonzie talks. If what he says is true, then I guess vixen wont make it after all. Actually who knows when paprium will come out anyway?

Paprium is probably the last MD game, so it has to be the most powerful and advanced game ever for the platform. Already for piersolar, we had tried to find and achieve programming tricks. For paprium we wanted to take an even bigger challenge, consisting in using the audio port available on the cartridge to enrich the music of the game. Eventually, we pretty much have a system similar to what was virtua racing. We have a specialized chip in the cartridge that improves the sound. We do not cheat and we do what sega would have done back then. The cartridge allows to compress the data and speed up the gameplay. If I had to make it 32x compatible, I would have to remove stuff from the MD version. The problem with 32x is that it's not a technical improvement except for the number of colors available. I can not afford to have 2 games in 1. One for the 32x and another without the 32x. The goal is to make the best game on the MD, otherwise I could have made an application for the Iphone.

Thread Information