Quantcast

Page 663 of 669 FirstFirst ... 163563613653659660661662663664665666667 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 10032

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

  1. #9931
    16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Totally off subject but what is the best method to backup Sega CD games?


  2. #9932
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training inqualls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Here you go matteus...

    https://atariage.com/forums/topic/11...sega-cd-games/

    There are some methods here using Alcohol120 software. I haven't tried myself.

  3. #9933
    Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest USA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,308
    Rep Power
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Totally off subject but what is the best method to backup Sega CD games?
    I use ImgBurn or a very old version of CDRWIN personally. I've heard mention of using TurboRip as well, but it's designed for TG16/PCE stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

  4. #9934
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Off topic, but for those of you who are sick to death of Paprium seemingly being vaporware and Fonzie being an asshat, you guys should check out this sprite-based old-school brawler called Fight'N Rage. It was just announced as coming to the Switch, XB1 and PS4 too. One cool thing is that similar to Dragon's Crown, you can have up to 3 CPU partners fight alongside you.

    Last edited by DrLight99; 09-19-2019 at 05:26 PM.

  5. #9935
    Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    983
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    Off topic, but for those of you who are sick to death of Paprium seemingly being vaporware and Fonzie being an asshat, you guys should check out this sprite-based old-school brawler called Fight'N Rage. It was just announced as coming to the Switch, XB1 and PS4 too. One cool thing is that similar to Dragon's Crown, you can have up to 3 CPU partners fight alongside you.

    I think that game was already posted here (a few hundred pages back?) and people freaked out because boobs.

  6. #9936
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The boobs on the female lead are gratuitous yes but who cares?

  7. #9937
    WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada, Montreal
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inqualls View Post
    I can't imagine how Luis feels along with the others who contributed artistically to Paprium. Personally, I want to see this game release just so all of the amazing art and music doesn't go to waste. It's really frustrating to see all the great talent involved here and still no FINAL product to showcase it.

    Anyway, with the Magical Game Factory website being down for over a month now and Fonzie going quiet all Summer I've finally decided to join the forums here. So, I just wanted to say "hi" to those of you who have merged to this forum from MGF. We are an extremely patient group aren't we?
    Yes VERY frustrating.

  8. #9938
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    Yes VERY frustrating.
    Also, as an artist, you keep growing. So looking back on stuff you made a few years ago probably makes you feel like you could do better now.

  9. #9939
    Nameless One aha2940's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    The boobs on the female lead are gratuitous yes but who cares?
    I can't understand why there was an issue with the shape of the female player in that game, it's not the first time that something like that has happened and nobody seemed to care before!


  10. #9940
    Raging in the Streets Sik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,532
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    If I recall correctly the complaints where about a combination of that and a chibi art style (which is not Mai's issue in that animation).

    I just realized that Mai's upper half of the legs is mostly static and just bobs on top of the lower half (which animates) and now I can't unsee it.

  11. #9941
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The people complaining about female jiggling are the same people who demanded back in the day that Fox cancel Married with Children. Today they're known as social justice warriors or SJWs.

  12. #9942
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ladies and gentlemen, are we seriously going to forget this?


    *runs*
    Deep into weird, worrying and scary craze.

  13. #9943
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training inqualls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If Paprium has been written in C and then converted into Gen/MD assembly which is then interpreted via emulator then why not produce a PC version? I rather see this game made available on PC like Fight'N Rage or Streets of Rage 4 then not at all. This would surely generate more interest and revenue. After it's release on PC, the new revenue could be used to finish up the Gen/MD versions. I'm sure many people would buy both versions of the game.

    Let's be honest here, this forum has over 1.5 millions views. I understand Fonzie's authentic 16-bit vision but it might be time to remember you're running a company. A company that owes lots of people who trusted and/or worked for you money or a product. I mean, Pier Solar has been made available on almost every relevant platform I can think of. It just seems like an obvious financial solution to me.

    I'm to the point where I don't even need to see the finished game running smoothly on a real Gen/MD. Just show me the game working at all. Even if that means running it on an emulator. Give me one minute of gameplay where characters interact and aren't drawing corrupted tiles or missing frames. Let's hear the BGM and SFX working properly. You don't even need a 10 second video to confirm that!

  14. #9944
    Wildside Expert
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inqualls View Post
    If Paprium has been written in C and then converted into Gen/MD assembly which is then interpreted via emulator then why not produce a PC version? I rather see this game made available on PC like Fight'N Rage or Streets of Rage 4 then not at all. This would surely generate more interest and revenue. After it's release on PC, the new revenue could be used to finish up the Gen/MD versions. I'm sure many people would buy both versions of the game.

    Let's be honest here, this forum has over 1.5 millions views. I understand Fonzie's authentic 16-bit vision but it might be time to remember you're running a company. A company that owes lots of people who trusted and/or worked for you money or a product. I mean, Pier Solar has been made available on almost every relevant platform I can think of. It just seems like an obvious financial solution to me.

    I'm to the point where I don't even need to see the finished game running smoothly on a real Gen/MD. Just show me the game working at all. Even if that means running it on an emulator. Give me one minute of gameplay where characters interact and aren't drawing corrupted tiles or missing frames. Let's hear the BGM and SFX working properly. You don't even need a 10 second video to confirm that!
    This has been told over and over again. Fonzie won't port the game. PierSolarHD was completed because Tulio handled it later. It could have been ported to switch allowing for some revenue but an agreement to allow it hasn't been found.

  15. #9945
    Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,311
    Rep Power
    38

    Question

    I haven't followed the Paprium saga closely, but from a distance. I never pre-ordered the game. So I didn't have a personal stake in it.

    But anyway, I just want to say that if people legit don't hear from the guy for months / years...

    I hope he is physically OK. And I'm not joking.

    I think the last I saw, he was in China, right? And they sometimes are terrible for human rights abuses.

    So I don't want to be a negative-Nancy, but realistically, there might be cause for concern about his well-being.

    Though I don't know what anyone could do about it, if everyone has lost contact with him ages ago, somewhere in China.

    ...It would be nice to hear from him occasionally, just to know that he is physically OK, regardless the game. And the status of the game of course, lol.

    How long has it been since anyone has talked to him?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 6 guests)

  1. CEB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •