Quantcast

Page 657 of 673 FirstFirst ... 157557607647653654655656657658659660661667 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,855 of 10083

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    Meanwhile on the Amiga 500 (how much difficult would be to port this to the Mega Drive?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llil6dmnHJg
    lol the punisher stolen samples, looks cool though.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

Came back to post in this thread just for that prototype too. I made a proper thread for it in Insert Coin.
    They have a good engine in place (gameplay, sound and graphics-wise) now they just need to make some good levels and enemy patterns.

Meanwhile this thread is 657 pages. A few more and we'll be summoning Satan before Paprium comes out.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

@TulioAdriano

In the current situation, is there any chance to share with us Paprium's soundtrack recordings somehow?
    Last edited by molasar; 08-30-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    Meanwhile this thread is 657 pages. A few more and we'll be summoning Satan before Paprium comes out.
    It could be argued that we already did. Some say the mark of the devil is 616 rather than 666, look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sashadarko View Post
    There were some people I met in the past months, who had...let's say, some specific behaviour. In the end it turned out they all were on drugs, specific one, which people call "speed" (methamphetamine).

Today I realized how behaviour of Godde is very, very similar to theirs. And these words from Tulio about changes after China...

Hey, moustache fuck, if you still read this very thread. You're ARE speedy speedy Sonic, right? You hate people and you're also on drugs, that's a great combination, absolutely.
    I've recently had a similar experience after moving closer to a major city. Indeed, people on speed have a very specific way of behaving.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    Meanwhile on the Amiga 500 (how much difficult would be to port this to the Mega Drive?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llil6dmnHJg
    That looks like a lot of fun, I wish I had an Amiga to play it.
    I realize it will likely never happen but porting it over might be technically possible if you had the source, the CPU is the same so the engine should run, the 1MB RAM requirement is hopefully not an issue when you run the game on a cart (or if it is just add RAM to the cart too). I see only two background layers and there's not that many colors, plus it looks like the 320x200 resolution from the video. The audio definitely sounds doable on the Genesis.

The one issue I see is that it seems to put all the sprites on the same scanline, I know the Amiga has all sorts of tricks to make it look like it can do way more sprites than what the hardware supports, but a port might need a brand new graphics engine since the video hardware is so different.

WCPO Agent

Come to think of it -- wasn't the plot of Paprium that people are getting hooked on a new drug? What if Fonzie, in an attempt to make the AI as realistic as possible, decided he needed to try a few drugs for himself and then he got hooked?

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Come to think of it -- wasn't the plot of Paprium that people are getting hooked on a new drug? What if Fonzie, in an attempt to make the AI as realistic as possible, decided he needed to try a few drugs for himself and then he got hooked?
    Sounds like a great Lifetime drama movie!

Tulio : Fonzie we can't keep doing business like that, you gotta share your data!
    Fonzie : NO! YOU ALL WANT TO STEAL MY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY! GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!
    Tulio : Fonz you gotta stop doing that crackmeth, its messing with your mind!
    Fonzie : YOU'RE ALL AGAINST ME!! YOU WANT TO STEAL THIS COMPANY FROM ME!!!!! YOU'RE ALL NOTHING WITHOUT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tulio : I can't take this anymore, here the company is all yours! here's the papers! Jesus!
    Fonzie : "......."
    Tulio : WHAT?
    Fonzie : You're trying to trick me aren't you... you scheming ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!
    Tulio : NOOOOOOOOOOO FONZ GET HELP!!!
    Fonzie : I'll just.. open preorders, that's right.. more preorders means more money, I mean.. the game is already 100% finished.. in my brain anyway, but that's like.. the same! I wish they could just see it then.. NO! no they can't see it.. THEY'LL STEAL MY IDEAS!!!!!!
    *Tulio banging on the door* GET HELP FONZ!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
    I'm gonna sell this to lifetime! maybe recoup some losses!!

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Sounds like a great Lifetime drama movie!

I'm gonna sell this to lifetime! maybe recoup some losses!!
    That could be a very interesting plot for a movie, a guy tries to make the ultimate video game but as time goes on his life starts to mimic the game's protagonist. Finally an unpaid pixel artist (who resembles the Level 1 boss) shows up to his house and Fonzie has to hide in the Paprium arcade machine that he never finished, in a scene that looks like the ending of Golden Axe but in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    It could be argued that we already did. Some say the mark of the devil is 616 rather than 666, look it up.
    Page 666 is also where the 10,000th post will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    That looks like a lot of fun, I wish I had an Amiga to play it.
    I realize it will likely never happen but porting it over might be technically possible if you had the source, the CPU is the same so the engine should run, the 1MB RAM requirement is hopefully not an issue when you run the game on a cart (or if it is just add RAM to the cart too). I see only two background layers and there's not that many colors, plus it looks like the 320x200 resolution from the video. The audio definitely sounds doable on the Genesis.

The one issue I see is that it seems to put all the sprites on the same scanline, I know the Amiga has all sorts of tricks to make it look like it can do way more sprites than what the hardware supports, but a port might need a brand new graphics engine since the video hardware is so different.
    Yeah, the 1MB RAM requirement is likely because Amiga needs everything on RAM, on top of having to spend memory on the framebuffer, entire sprites (not sure how much they optimized away redundant parts), PCM samples (lots of Amiga games can't do music and SFX together because of lack of RAM in older systems), etc. Mega Drive can just stream from ROM and on top of that can use FM instruments instead of needing everything to be PCM (though resulting quality may vary).

I'm not too worried about sprites, doesn't seem too different from what SOR2 or SOR3 sometimes do.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Page 666 is also where the 10,000th post will show up.

Yeah, the 1MB RAM requirement is likely because Amiga needs everything on RAM, on top of having to spend memory on the framebuffer, entire sprites (not sure how much they optimized away redundant parts), PCM samples (lots of Amiga games can't do music and SFX together because of lack of RAM in older systems), etc. Mega Drive can just stream from ROM and on top of that can use FM instruments instead of needing everything to be PCM (though resulting quality may vary).

I'm not too worried about sprites, doesn't seem too different from what SOR2 or SOR3 sometimes do.
    Yeah you are right SOR2/3 use similar numbers of sprites. Also it would be overkill but if you used the 32X you could probably get the exact Amiga palette and do any of its graphical effects in software.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Unless Iron Maiden comes out with an DLC update patch for their song "Number of the Beast" then those who say 616 are wrong.

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Guys, I think we just lost our money. At this point, it's been so long, I really can't imagine this ending positively. Just gotta take it as a lesson learned. It is a total bummer that so many of us are out the money we spent to get the game.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

On a totally different subject, when are we pooling some money to hire a professional kneecap breaker who likes eating rice?

For great justice! Outrunner Tor Landeel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Guys, I think we just lost our money. At this point, it's been so long, I really can't imagine this ending positively. Just gotta take it as a lesson learned. It is a total bummer that so many of us are out the money we spent to get the game.
    I'm still confident about the 10 years anniversary of the original announcement, in 2022.
    ***** トル・ランディール ******
    Cadash Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3905/
    Out Run Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3940/

Does anyone remember when the first release date was?
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Thread Information