Quantcast

Page 441 of 473 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 7082

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
    Indeed. Anyone with a little money can rent a space and pretend they've become legit. But the problem is, looking legit isn't the same as being legit. The former can easily be done as a façade to trick people so you can get what you want and need from them. The latter requires being someone who treats customers, employees and the other businesses with which you deal with some level of professionalism and respect, while being able to meet deadlines and deliver on promises. It makes you someone reliable and trustworthy. If the claims about Fonzie in here are true, then this game is turning into the 16-bit incarnation of Duke Nukem Forever with a Randy Pitchford-clone at the helm

Now granted, we all know that sometimes things take longer than expected, or something goes wrong and a project gets delayed. But when you have people who've paid money and are expecting a product to come their way, you can only get away with so much before people call you out on the reasons for the delay. Case in point, I've been pestering Piko Interactive on and off for over two years now on Steam about the Genesis version of Jim Power that was supposed to added for free to the Steam Jim Power package by late 2015/early 2016. Back in early 2016, I asked for an update on this and was given a semi-vague comment about the game coming to Steam users after a crowd funding campaign (which still has yet to happen as far as I know). Months later, the game got pushed back again until the planned physical copies of the Genesis and NES version of Jim Power were done and being sold... which wouldn't happen until some time after the mythical crowd funding campaign. PI basically put all of the customers who bought the game package on Steam at the bottom of their "to do" list with Jim Power, telling those Steam users that they now had to wait until other, nonexistent customers got the game that's seemingly no closer to being released now, than it was over two years ago. And the only reason I know what I've stated, is because I kept bugging PI on Steam. If I hadn't, I question if the buyers on Steam would know any of this, because PI doesn't give updates about it on their own. Hell, the only time someone from PI has posted on the Jim Power forum in the last two years was to tell me all of this and tell me to be mad at pirates for the game not coming out yet on Steam.

**deep breaths**

But I digress. It's a shame when a promising project gets side tracked by things like this. Gives a bit of a black eye to the homebrew community and makes it harder for future projects by other people to get traction because this debacle is on the mind of potential customers.
    I respectfully offered to refund the $5.99 spent on Jim Power Steam. The Genesis version was going to be a free goodie given once the game releases. Stop trying to compare us to what is happening here.

We will Release Jim Power whenever we are 100% sure is ready to be released and when it makes sense. If you can't accept that, I am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by pikointeractive View Post
    I respectfully offered to refund the $5.99 spent on Jim Power Steam. The Genesis version was going to be a free goodie given once the game releases. Stop trying to compare us to what is happening here.

We will Release Jim Power whenever we are 100% sure is ready to be released and when it makes sense. If you can't accept that, I am sorry.
    And I respectfully declined it. As I stated quite a while ago on Steam, I don't want a refund. I want to play the game that was promised to those of us who bought the Jim Power collection on Steam.

And I will compare the Jim Power situation to the Paprium one, because while there are differences behind the proverbial curtain, they also both share some notable similarities. Namely, a promised game that 1) is well overdue for release, 2) that shows no signs of coming out any time soon, and 3) is locked away behind excuses/reasons for delays that don't really satisfy the paying customers who are still waiting. But what makes your situation more bothersome, is that you've been sitting on a 100% complete Genesis ROM since at least August of 2014, yet your company refuses to release it to those who have already handed money over to get it. And rather than give any kind of a real timeline as to when it'll be released (or at least explain why it's taking so long to get the game out), you only give brief and sporadic comments about distant events that look to have no set date for when they'll happen. And all of this, while blaming others for your apparent inaction on finishing the incomplete package that others bought from you.

I don't know what celestial alignment you're waiting for, but it doesn't take over three and a half years to make sure a 100% complete game is ready. And it made sense to release it, when you said you'd release it; by early 2016. After all, it was 100% done, right? You've licensed the IP, didn't you? So why the delay? Are emulator makers not letting you purchase the use of their programs? Are you fighting with lawyers over something? Or perhaps a more telling question to ask would be, has the Jim Power game project been abandoned? Because if it hasn't, you've certainly been doing a great job at making it look like it has.
    Last edited by The Coop; 04-13-2018 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Typos.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

Quote Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
    And I respectfully declined it. As I stated quite a while ago on Steam, I don't want a refund. I want to play the game that was promised to those of us who bought the Jim Power collection on Steam.

And I will compare the Jim Power situation to the Paprium one, because while there are differences behind the proverbial curtain, they also both share some notable similarities. Namely, a promised game that 1) is well overdue for release, 2) that shows no signs of coming out any time soon, and 3) is locked away behind excuses/reasons for delays that don't really satisfy the paying customers who are still waiting. But what makes your situation more bothersome, is that you've been sitting on a 100% complete Genesis ROM since at least August of 2014, yet your company refuses to release it to those who have already handed money over to get it. And rather than give any kind of a real timeline as to when it'll be released (or at least explain why it's taking so long to get the game out), you only give brief and sporadic comments about distant events that look to have no set date for when they'll happen. And all of this, while blaming others for your apparent inaction on finishing the incomplete package that others bought from you.

I don't know what celestial alignment you're waiting for, but it doesn't take over three and a half years to make sure a 100% complete game is ready. And it made sense to release it, when you said you'd release it; by early 2016. After all, it was 100% done, right? You own the IP, don't you? So why the delay? Are emulator makers not letting you purchase the use of their programs? Are you fighting with lawyers over something? Or perhaps a more telling question to ask would be, has the Jim Power game project been abandoned? Because if it hasn't, you've certainly been doing a great job at making it look like it has.
    NES version is not 100% done. I dont like to pressure or rush my programmers. No programmers that I know do this for a living, and I allow them to take their time and enjoy working in the projects they are involved.

We only take preorders when software is 95-98% done and don’t like to take over 6 months of preorder time to ship.

Also, Jim Power is a much larger project than a Genesis version, because it will involve Jaguar, NES, SNES, and Amiga CD32 as well.

Wave your arms all you want, complain all you want. We will release Jim Power when I give the greenlight; I dont care if it sells 1 copy or several thousands.

This is the last time I will be answering your rants or you in general. You have disrespected our company, efforts, contractors, and sacrifices with your comparisons.

Cheers!

NES version is not 100% done. I dont like to pressure or rush my programmers. No programmers that I know do this for a living, and I allow them to take their time and enjoy working in the projects they are involved.

We only take preorders when software is 95-98% done and don’t like to take over 6 months of preorder time to ship.

Also, Jim Power is a much larger project than a Genesis version, because it will involve Jaguar, NES, SNES, and Amiga CD32 as well.
    I can appreciate the first two lines, as I know the NES version is basically a homebrew project. I also know about the other versions you spoke of in the third line, as you mentioned them on Steam last year. I have to say though, don't the Steam purchases count as a preorder for the Genesis version? It was purchased by people (like me) who were expecting to get that version added shortly after they paid you for the Steam package back in 2015.

This is the last time I will be answering your rants or you in general. You have disrespected our company, efforts, contractors, and sacrifices with your comparisons.

Cheers!
    Disrespected? You call my repeated attempts to get you to answer some basic questions over the last two-plus years disrespectful? You think my stating the parallels between two problematic, overdue projects is disrespectful? Did I call you names or falsely accuse you (or anyone you work with) of any kind of malicious or deceitful behavior? Nope. Not even once. I called you out on your lack of finishing a for-sale product thus far, and stated what you've said in the past. If I wanted to be disrespectful, you'd know it very clearly. But I don't treat people like that unless they really piss me off. And considering how long this has been going on, the fact that I still address you with at least moderate levels of civility shows how patient I've been with all of this. Plus, we both know that the Genesis version is part of the core package on Steam. It's not part of the NES/Jaguar/Amiga CD32 additions. The NES is to be DLC on Steam, along with the soundtrack. What the other versions were to be is inconsequential to this discussion.

All of that said, if you wish to feel insulted, then feel insulted. Not sure where you're getting those insults from, but have at. Know that I won't be apologizing for anything, as I have nothing to apologize for.
    Last edited by The Coop; 04-14-2018 at 12:30 AM.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

Wildside Expert

Back to Paprium, I wonder if Fonzie is actually interested in being a game developer, or if he just wanted to look like a game developer? That would explain blowing the budget on office space and marketing hype but no rush to actually finish the games.

SEGA Master Nameless One madperry's Avatar

I just sent a request for refund on Paprium and Pier Solar reprint. Ive lost all faith in Watermelon. Ill post back when/if they refund.

Wildside Expert

Well I just asked for 397.50 usd refund, i kept a single investment for one copy of paprium and one for project N, will let you know if i get a refund... I got a feeling this is a sinking ship, if i lose 100$ for the remaining investment then so be it

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Preordered project N? That's brave.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training SBlaise84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Well I just asked for 397.50 usd refund, i kept a single investment for one copy of paprium and one for project N, will let you know if i get a refund... I got a feeling this is a sinking ship, if i lose 100$ for the remaining investment then so be it
    $397.50? What were you supposed to get for that much money? O_o

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by SBlaise84 View Post
    $397.50? What were you supposed to get for that much money? O_o
    Magical gems?

Seriously, I feel bad for anyone who put up that kind of money and got nothing. People trusted Fonzie and wanted to see this succeed, I didn't pre-order but I was looking forward to Paprium myself based on the small amount of video footage that was released.

I wonder if a better way to develop a game like Paprium would be to release an initial version with say 4 levels and one playable character and as it sells you add more content, just put flash on the cart and a USB port and you can download extra features as they become available. The more I've read about what this game was supposed to include the crazier it sounds, all that pixel art alone isn't cheap and then trying to keep everything moving at 60 fps on the Genesis, there may be a reason why not even Sega attempted something like this.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Paprium is over ? i never seen this.

don't bury the game too fast and wait one last time. Fonzie don't puts as much effort to release the game if finally it'll not be released .

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Magical gems?

Seriously, I feel bad for anyone who put up that kind of money and got nothing. People trusted Fonzie and wanted to see this succeed, I didn't pre-order but I was looking forward to Paprium myself based on the small amount of video footage that was released.

I wonder if a better way to develop a game like Paprium would be to release an initial version with say 4 levels and one playable character and as it sells you add more content, just put flash on the cart and a USB port and you can download extra features as they become available. The more I've read about what this game was supposed to include the crazier it sounds, all that pixel art alone isn't cheap and then trying to keep everything moving at 60 fps on the Genesis, there may be a reason why not even Sega attempted something like this.
    Yea I guess a DLC style release might have been better, but who knows what kind of technical problems that may have led to ( plus more delays ).

Either way I can't see the reason why anyone would have invested more than a single cart is worth. Prezz literaly paid the cost of a next gen console for this one retro game that will probably never come out.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I take it there's been no other word since the last "update"?

Wildside Expert

A joystick (150$), project n (50$) and 4 copies of paprium. I fell in love with wm around 2011 when I bought pier solar, and paprium seemed like an awesome project, having a new genesis game that pushed boundaries i didnt mind backing it in 2012. When they announced final investments last year i put more money in it, expecting to have the game 6 months later! When you announce a release date, its because the game is finished, that trailer was a scam imo to get more funds, and from what we know it looks like its not going to release this year, they always come up with some bullshit

That joystick looked pretty cool, did they at least send that to you?

Thread Information