Quantcast

Page 671 of 672 FirstFirst ... 171571621661667668669670671672 LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,065 of 10074

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Wildside Expert

More than one year after that trashy buggy tech demo and no news since then. from now I would be happy to be able to listen the soundtrack and other leaks, I don't care anymore of not being spoiled if the game is released in 1 month or 10 years.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Well some other people worked hard on Paprium also, didn´t they? Aren´t some of them members of this forum? Is the work they provided on Paprium shitty? Doesn´t look like it judging from the previews. Also Fonzie having poor management skills doesn´t make him a talentless coder.
    Your questions answer themselves, thanks to Fonzie we won't get to see most of the hard work that went into Paprium. I for one thought the music and background art was top notch, too bad I can't enjoy either one in an actual game. I wouldn't call Fonzie talentless but there's a time to realize when you need help, personally and professionally.

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    this product is dead and the funds are probably long gone up Fonzie's nose.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GameUser-16-32-128 View Post

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

During the 'development' of this game. I joined the US NAVY, went back to getting in shape, traveled to new states and bought me my first car. Also, a NEW HALF LIFE game was recently announced.

You hear that? A NEW HALF LIFE GAME WAS ANNOUNCED AND WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE PAPRIUM!
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Centrale's Avatar

It's sad to see excellent, completed games with a tiny fraction of the page count of this thread. Just curious, does anyone think this thread should be locked until (if and when) something actually happens with this game? Personally I think everything that can be said about this sad situation has probably already been said. Let's shift the energy and focus to more worthy topics.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training inqualls's Avatar

Zebbe, if you are still checking this forum can you at least confirm if you ever actually got to finalize enemy and item layout. I see your name listed here http://paprium.com/ in the Paprium credits section. This would actually tell us if the game is even finished let alone being manufactured. I mean, the game needs to be finished before you can layout the enemy and item placements right?

Quote Originally Posted by Centrale View Post
    It's sad to see excellent, completed games with a tiny fraction of the page count of this thread. Just curious, does anyone think this thread should be locked until (if and when) something actually happens with this game? Personally I think everything that can be said about this sad situation has probably already been said. Let's shift the energy and focus to more worthy topics.
    I agree, the thread should probably be locked until some actual news comes out about the game. If the thread remains open then we'll just have nothing but speculation for another 10,000 posts.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    During the 'development' of this game. I joined the US NAVY, went back to getting in shape, traveled to new states and bought me my first car. Also, a NEW HALF LIFE game was recently announced.

You hear that? A NEW HALF LIFE GAME WAS ANNOUNCED AND WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE PAPRIUM!
    Congratulations. In the time since Project Y/Paprium was announced I finished my Master's and PhD degrees. So I know the feeling of working on something for years at a time when things aren't going as planned and funds are running low. I watched a lot of smart people fall further and further behind or drop out entirely because they couldn't deal with the marathon-like grind. Organization is key on big projects, as is taking feedback even if it's not what you wanted to hear.

I know it was mentioned a few times in this thread but that book "The Mythical Man-Month" is so applicable here.

Quote Originally Posted by inqualls View Post
    Zebbe, if you are still checking this forum can you at least confirm if you ever actually got to finalize enemy and item layout. I see your name listed here http://paprium.com/ in the Paprium credits section. This would actually tell us if the game is even finished let alone being manufactured. I mean, the game needs to be finished before you can layout the enemy and item placements right?
    "Finalize"? Ha! I made the FIRST item and enemy layout. When was it... 2015? I was asked to check games like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage to see how the enemy waves, item placements and the introductions of new ones were. So I did that and wrote a doc for Paprium, emphasizing to bring new stuff into the game as often/spread out as possible. In total, it took a few hours I guess. Later, I got a hint book pdf which I was asked to proofread (I guess), but I never even bothered to open the file, as I was sick of it all at that point. Even later (I think last year or 2017), I was asked to do a Swedish translation of the manual, which I actually did (only to put my homeland on the map and for no other reason). The same year, I had asked by investment back which I did for the Vixen project, and I also got it (I had the right to, it was in the contract). Later on, Fonzie saw some public message I wrote (I guess the OP here?) and was pissed at me for that and that I asked back my money because "WM needed it the most" (HAHAHA!). He has never replied to me since. I think Luis knows the current state of the game better than I do. My estimated guess is: the soundchip expansion Fonzie added (which was an overpriced and almost impossible to use) is still not solved and he doesn't have the money to fix it because he blew it on a release party, warehouse storage for materials he produced far too early and a trailer, also far too early.

Oh well. Since Paprium was announced, I have broken up with two girlfriends, took a degree in game design and got a job at Crackshell. New Heroes of Hammerwatch DLC, early next year!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Personally I'd have locked the thread too (long ago even, at some point it got so heated it outright was starting to take a toll elsewhere in the forum), but I think the main worry is that it'll just lead to people opening yet more Paprium threads and eventually flood the forum with that?

Though seriously, the obsession with Paprium here is unhealthy as fuck. Yes, money has been lost, realistically the chance of getting anything back is about 0% by this point, and anybody trying to sue Fonzie will only end up spending yet more money and he will just stay safe in China anyway. There's not much else that can be done here, and it wouldn't be the first time a project gets cancelled without refunds (doesn't this happen a lot on Kickstarter?), and all you get is newcomers to homebrew get to see the mess that's Paprium and assume every other project must be like that too. Enjoy the collateral damage.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Lock it until no real news happen (or lock it forever, if no real news), I say.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Though seriously, the obsession with Paprium here is unhealthy as fuck.
    It's just fun to watch a train wreck. That launch party was one of the most awkward things I've ever seen. How does one rent out an entire nightclub, hire MMA guys and a DJ, serve a buffet, display a broken arcade machine and all kinds of bizarre merch -- but not have anything to show beyond a background scrolling tech demo?

I hope the thread doesn't get locked and in 10-15 years people are having debates like "well what if in an alternate timeline Paprium had been a launch title for the 32X, do you think DLC could have caught on in 1994?" and other silliness.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training inqualls's Avatar

Thanks Zebbe for the reply. It's really great to hear that you got a degree in Game Design and a job with CrackShell Games. It's a shame about this whole Paprium debacle though. What a mess. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to pursue in the Game Development field.

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

The taste this has left has gotten so bitter at this point that I can bet that if this ever makes to the hands of the buyers, most will open the box, flip the instructions and the manga, check that the game works, put it back, place on shelf and move on to something else.

These logos have links on them! Click! Click!

Thread Information