Quantcast

Page 537 of 656 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547587637 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 9827

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Wildside Expert

A former member of WM told me Fonzie had replied to him a few months ago (recently) that the dev of vixen 357 would start again after Paprium. But considering what he says in the interview, that paprium would be the last game on the system, I consider it would be a disgrace given all the exhausting high quality work I did and dozens of hours I spent to create all the animations and artworks of vixen.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arm View Post
    A former member of WM told me Fonzie had replied to him a few months ago (recently) that the dev of vixen 357 would start again after Paprium. But considering what he says in the interview, that paprium would be the last game on the system, I consider it would be a disgrace given all the exhausting high quality work I did and dozens of hours I spent to create all the animations and artworks of vixen.
    Can't you get the game done with a different team or company than WM, reusing your assets? Or is your work legally tied to WM?

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Can't you get the game done with a different team or company than WM, reusing your assets? Or is your work legally tied to WM?
    It is tied to WM. They had bought the rights from the original copyright holders.

It is tied to WM. They had bought the rights from the original copyright holders.
    Then maybe try to contact WM to buy it back from them... if you haven't already.
    Last edited by Stifu; 11-11-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Wildside Expert

I am an artist. And I do things I know I can handle properly. I have neither the means nor the will to buy the rights for this. Also there has been zero progress with WM so far due to miscommunication.

I am an artist. And I do things I know I can handle properly. I have neither the means nor the will to buy the rights for this. Also there has been zero progress with WM so far due to miscommunication.
    I didn't mean you'd have to do everything alone. You could find people who'd be interested to do it (like, other teams which managed to release indie MD games). It might interest Fonzie, as he could use the money to try and finish Paprium.
    Last edited by Stifu; 11-11-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    I didn't mean you'd have to do everything alone. You could find people who'd be interested to do it (like, other teams which managed to release indie MD games). It might interest Fonzie, as he could use the money to try and finish Paprium.
    If there was proper communication, your suggestion might be considered reasonable although pretty risky. In the current state of communication and actual dev status, it would be suicidal and fruitless. I stopped playing the good samaritan for a while now.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Bigfoot will have been proven to exist before this game is released.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

I wouldn't put too much faith in what someone says in a single interview. He's just trying to promote the current game by saying it could be the last game on the system. Obviously, that's unlikely to be true considering how many new MD games are coming out soon.

The bigger concern is that Paprium never gets finished, and then it becomes unlikely that Vixen 357 gets done.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    I wouldn't put too much faith in what someone says in a single interview. He's just trying to promote the current game by saying it could be the last game on the system. Obviously, that's unlikely to be true considering how many new MD games are coming out soon.

The bigger concern is that Paprium never gets finished, and then it becomes unlikely that Vixen 357 gets done.
    Yeah other games come out like Tanglewood to which I participated. But well for vixen, it unfortunately looks like a lost cause. Although I have no real clue about the Paprium status or if it'll ever come out either.(at least in the near future) As a side note I had also created 2 years ago, at fonzie's request, a promotional artwork for langrisser2 in the style of urushihara (original character designer) and was maybe also planning an opening anime like I did for piersolar hd. Actually the character design style of vixen I had adopted was in my own style and rather close of anime like these.
    Last edited by Arm; 11-11-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Outrunner

I don't fault Fonzie for not having the skills to finish a game on his own but why the neverending series of lies? If he had just admitted there were problems with the game or the cart people would have helped him, this is just about the friendliest retrogaming community around. Instead you look at some of his past posts, claiming he was putting the parts together at his warehouse in 2017?

It's just so disappointing to see so much hard work thrown away because of one guy's ego.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    I don't fault Fonzie for not having the skills to finish a game on his own but why the neverending series of lies? If he had just admitted there were problems with the game or the cart people would have helped him, this is just about the friendliest retrogaming community around. Instead you look at some of his past posts, claiming he was putting the parts together at his warehouse in 2017?

It's just so disappointing to see so much hard work thrown away because of one guy's ego.
    Very well said. Thank you sir.

So apparently Watermelon shut down all of their support e-mails from what I am seeing on Twitter. This shit show just gets worse and worse. It'd be funny if I didn't still have money "invested" in it. I should charge them interest for defaulting on the loan I gave them.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    So apparently Watermelon shut down all of their support e-mails from what I am seeing on Twitter. This shit show just gets worse and worse. It'd be funny if I didn't still have money "invested" in it. I should charge them interest for defaulting on the loan I gave them.
    I imagine this is to force everything through the support desk on the website?

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    I imagine this is to force everything through the support desk on the website?
    As usual, we have to guess. :\
    We wouldn't have to if they'd just communicate.

Thread Information