Quantcast

Page 619 of 642 FirstFirst ... 119519569609615616617618619620621622623629 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 9627

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

The poster above that mentioned if he did finally receive a finished product that he was going to throw it in the trash is a terrible symptom of this whole debacle. Looking at it from Luis' and the rest of the team's point of view I'd hate to hear that uttered by a fan after working so hard on a product. It's a real kick to the stomach.

I personally admit to flaming Fonz here, but that was never directed to the other present and former devs that were apart of Fonzie's vision. If it came across like that I apologize.
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

So now demanding for basic consumer rights instead of empty promises in a borderline scam is asking too much and being bitchy

Road Rasher

I believe in Luis and time and time again I've seen great work from him. I do not trust and do not believe in Fonzie, the guy is beyond any possible chance of a sane person trusting him. Given that, if the game is ever released, I'll be happy to play it and appreciate the job of many great devs and artists who touched this game. Even if that happens, it will never excuse Fonzie from the way he has acted throughout the whole development cycle.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vludi View Post
    So now demanding for basic consumer rights instead of empty promises in a borderline scam is asking too much and being bitchy
    Everyone is allowed to voice their opinions, it just sucks that people are being dicks about it. A lot of people worked on this game. Those people deserve to have their work seen finally, regardless of Fonzie's behavior. And anyone who is going to help get this damn game out of Fonzie's hands and out into the wild is a good thing in my book.

A lot of people worked on this game, yes. A lot of people also paid for this game, and they have every right to know if they're going to get what they paid for. You cannot possibly think that they have no right to be skeptical and even negative, given what has happened over the course of YEARS. The reason this thread is over 460 pages long is because Watermelon's communication with its customers has been abysmal. $70 isn't going to break the bank for one person, but multiply that by the amount of people who preordered, and it's no longer a simple homebrew project that people should wait for. You cannot expect support when you do not tell people what you are doing with their money. That's not how business works.

Personally, I don't think saying anything negative against Fonzie or anyone else is productive. I preordered, and if the game ships, then great. I do think that I have EVERY right to be critical about how the product I paid for in good faith is progressing. If that comes across as negativity, then that's just too bad. Don't blame customers for wanting to know what's going on; blame Fonzie for not telling them on a regular basis.

The very news being celebrated here is a perfect example. Was it posted on the Paprium official site? No. Was it posted in a social media update by Watermelon? No. Their Twitter page hasn't been updated since October 2018. The news came from the personal account of a team member. Now, I have zero reason to doubt Luis, and I really hope it's all true, but you have to see how frustrating and simply bad for business this all is.
    Last edited by Melf; 05-01-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    A lot of people worked on this game, yes. A lot of people also paid for this game, and they have every right to know if they're going to get what they paid for. You cannot possibly think that they have no right to be skeptical and even negative, given what has happened over the course of YEARS. The reason this thread is over 460 pages long is because Watermelon's communication with its customers has been abysmal. $70 isn't going to break the bank for one person, but multiply that by the amount of people who preordered, and it's no longer a simple homebrew project that people should wait for. You cannot expect support when you do not tell people what you are doing with their money. That's not how business works.

Personally, I don't think saying anything negative against Fonzie or anyone else is productive. I preordered, and if the game ships, then great. I do think that I have EVERY right to be critical about how the product I paid for in good faith is progressing. If that comes across as negativity, then that's just too bad. Don't blame customers for wanting to know what's going on; blame Fonzie for not telling them on a regular basis.

Paprium is only a symptom of the Magical Game Factory, which was designed to successfully convince many individual people to "invest" hundreds or thousands of dollars into the project.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Eazy's Avatar

Very happy to have any news at all. Not giving my hopes up but this is pretty great. And ill leave it at that.

Master of Shinobi

How awesome would be if THIS is the bonus game on the Megadrive mini. Won't likely happen, though
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Unlikely, due to the extra hardware. But yeah, it would be awesome. Also, I think if anything Xeno Crisis would deserve more that honor.

That would be AWESOME if it was a bonus game on the Genesis/MD Mini! That way I don't have a real physical copy and can only play it on the Mini, which I have to pay full price for. HELLZ TO THE YES! /s

Master of Shinobi

haha I was thinking of a non-exclusive Mini release, so the game would sell in standalone cartridge form at some point (and actual Paprium carts look far from being in production).
    But yes Xeno Crisis or Tanglewood would be great, also.
    Come think of it, how awesome would a Mini system with only aftermarket games be ? Haha no Sonic for you, but hey you can play this awesome unreleased Hangman SG !
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Wildside Expert

Alien soldier, pulseman, monster world 4 and megaman are more likely the bonus unreleased games

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training peido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    Im done explaining in here. I had to put my differences aside and have had Gwenael come over to put a positive end to this project and came forward with details that most have been demanding for a long time. So if some what to keep on the negative bandwagon going, Im pretty much done here.
    I didn't want to sound ungrateful, sorry if I did. Any update is very welcome, thank you for telling us.

BTW, did you happen to see any PCB? Do you think the cartridges have the correct voltage level translators? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    haha I was thinking of a non-exclusive Mini release, so the game would sell in standalone cartridge form at some point (and actual Paprium carts look far from being in production).
    But yes Xeno Crisis or Tanglewood would be great, also.
    Come think of it, how awesome would a Mini system with only aftermarket games be ? Haha no Sonic for you, but hey you can play this awesome unreleased Hangman SG !
    Honestly, at this point we can probably find enough homebrew games to avoid the need to include Hangman SG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Honestly, at this point we can probably find enough homebrew games to avoid the need to include Hangman SG.
    My vote would be Mini-planets as it is a very unique game and would make an excellent bonus game that some may not be aware of.

Thread Information