Quantcast

Page 11 of 473 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

40 MEGA POWER is pretty good for a beat 'em up. Remember that this game won't need to have the amount of text in multiple languages that Pier Solar had so that frees up some space. I don't know how much space the text took up in Pier Solar though. I wonder if voice work will be needed. I volunteer if you need anything in English without accents. You know what I sound like and I can record professionally and provide uncompressed files. You know how to contact me. But then again voices may not be needed.

Great to hear, Joe! I thought you'd hate WaterMelon forever after that video fiasco. It's not good to be rancourous for too long . I'm sure your voice would fit a few characters in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Cost, maybe?
    It worked with Pier Solar. Less MEGA POWER could also mean less buyers.

Also, I can send in some cowboy sounds if you have a character it would match. I can do American or Mexican.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    40 MEGA POWER is pretty good for a beat 'em up. Remember that this game won't need to have the amount of text in multiple languages that Pier Solar had so that frees up some space. I don't know how much space the text took up in Pier Solar though. I wonder if voice work will be needed. I volunteer if you need anything in English without accents. You know what I sound like and I can record professionally and provide uncompressed files. You know how to contact me. But then again voices may not be needed.
    All I can say Joe is that some of our current characters are twice as big or taller then those in Streets of Rage 2... : )

And we are hard at work to overcome some technical aspects of the Genesis, but Fonzie seems confident. Only time will tell ; )

By the way, I love the Genesis, it`s still one of the best looking consoles ever made. It screams power!
    Last edited by XGoldenboyX; 02-27-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM2040 View Post
    Doubtful, since the investors were only willing to pay for 40. They're already getting more than they asked for.
    Be Attitude For Gains!

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM2040 View Post
    Pier Solar was financed completely differently.

Super Street Fighter 2 had less buyers than Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    All I can say Joe is that some of our current characters are twice as big or taller then those in Streets of Rage 2... : )
    Again, this is technically very impressive but on the other hand: Who would want to play a bmup where the player's sprite or some regular thug takes up 1/3 of the screen. That would be ridiculous! And amateurish! I really, really hope you are talking about bosses...
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser View Post
    Again, this is technically very impressive but on the other hand: Who would want to play a bmup where the player's sprite or some regular thug takes up 1/3 of the screen. That would be ridiculous! And amateurish! I really, really hope you are talking about bosses...
    Obviously you have never played China Warrior on the TurboGrafx 16
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Again, this is technically very impressive but on the other hand: Who would want to play a bmup where the player's sprite or some regular thug takes up 1/3 of the screen.
    I would. I would also like a game without characters that are like Axel and Blaze .

I don't think they're gonna make a game that plays all clunky. Think about it. These guys have been playing Mega Drive games for decades. It's not like they're someone like Titus who makes games with absolutely no idea how they should be enjoyed. Just look at Pier Solar, their first effort. I'm confident that it'll be good. Maybe quirky, but that's OK. I'm not really expecting a straightforward beat 'em up and that's fine.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

I would. I would also like a game without characters that are like Axel and Blaze .
    As long as there is at least one fighter who feels like a technical martial artist I will even be able to stomach anime art style.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Obviously you have never played China Warrior on the TurboGrafx 16

Exactly how I picture Project Y by some of the more recent discussions. =P

edit: obviously not guys, I'm joking. Come on, I am not that kind of idiot.

Okay, I gotta agree with this. It's less that I want an exact Axel/Blaze clone but more like some sort of stereotypical hero character the player can identify with.
    Last edited by retrospiel; 02-27-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Exactly how I picture Project Y by some of the more recent discussions. =P
    I don't know if it was the ridiculously large sprites, the MC's chillax walk cycle, or the semi-retarded music but this made me laugh!

Pier Solar was financed completely differently.

Super Street Fighter 2 had less buyers than Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition.

That's could because people couldn't justify buying Super Street Fighter 2 after buying Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition. That would be like you releasing this game as a 40 MEG and later releasing some kind of ultimate edition at the 64 MEG and wondering where all of the buyers are. Not even to mention that Super Street Fighter 2 was a port of the SNES version so all the characters had small sprites compared to Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition. Super Street Fighter 2 plays better although most cannot see why since they don't like fighters enough to see the subtle yet very important improvements.

SF2CE is as much of a port of the SNES version as SSF2 is. Both aren't actual ports I think. They just shared some resources like the character sprites and used the same resolution (for many good reasons, including saving valuable space on cartridge).

- but yeah, I agree with your point. SSF2 didn't sell as good as expected because people had already bought SF2CE.

Thread Information