Quantcast

Page 2 of 458 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Looks great but please don't forget something players can identify with - like Axel and Blaze.

Sprite sizes in Project Y probably should be rather Golden Axe III-ish to Bare Knuckle II-ish so you can squeeze some more enemies on screen at once. A larger sprite size would drastically reduce the playfield and limit the number of objects you could display at once. Bare Knuckle III sends enemies away, out of screen during a fight scene to give the impression of more enemies on screen at once.

Another hint: A good 16-bit brawler needs a "returning thug" - like the footclan soldiers in TMNT or the Galsia/Donovan/Signal/Biker gang in Streets of Rage. They're literally faceless (Signal, Biker, footclan soldier) so they can be used again and again, with the only difference in appearance being the colors of their clothes (Signal, Biker, footclan soldier) or the weapons they're holding (Glasia, Donovan, Biker, footclan soldier).
    Last edited by retrospiel; 09-14-2012 at 03:57 AM.

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheath View Post
    Sorry guys, I am just assuming that since nobody has ever made a better beat-em up than Streets of Rage 2 there must have been magical fairies running off hours at Sega during its development.
    So what's the problem? WaterMelon is the Magical Game Factory and all its fairies work full time.

Then there are 4 problems with your statement.
    (1) = very few brawlers were made for long after SoR2
    (2) = I disagree it hasn't been at least equalled. I don't care to dispute it now since I've derailed enough threads lately but look to the PS.
    (3) = it's twenty years later. There ought to be some development by now.
    (4) = WM are a bunch of groveling hacks if they don't strive to better everything that's come before them. But I believe they do.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    So what's the problem? WaterMelon is the Magical Game Factory and all its fairies work full time.

Then there are 4 problems with your statement.
    (1) = very few brawlers were made for long after SoR2
    (2) = I disagree it hasn't been at least equalled. I don't care to dispute it now since I've derailed enough threads lately but look to the PS.
    (3) = it's twenty years later. There ought to be some development by now.
    (4) = WM are a bunch of groveling hacks if they don't strive to better everything that's come before them. But I believe they do.
    I am not contesting any of this. I also have not inspected the Magical Game Factory for evidence of fairies with experience in the Streets of Rage. I certainly do hope that motion 4 is seconded and approved at this meeting by a very illustrious member.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Death Adder's minion

Whoa, they still make genesis games? How much money am I going to slam down to get this game?

When is this game due to get named?

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roboblart View Post
    Whoa, they still make genesis games? How much money am I going to slam down to get this game?
    Hey Roboblart, you can always support us by going to Magical Game Factory, that's the best way to make sure this game becomes a success.

www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/factory/project-y_2/

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    When is this game due to get named?
    Hi Joe,
    I am not entirely sure yet. You can contact Tulio or Fonzie to get more details.

: )

Death Adder's minion

Quote Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX View Post
    Hey Roboblart, you can always support us by going to Magical Game Factory, that's the best way to make sure this game becomes a success.

www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/factory/project-y_2/
    Don't worry dude, I donated $5 and plan on buying Pier Solar when I get more money.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

I can't wait for Watermelon to someday make a shmup game that's similar to Thunder Force IV or Gley Lancer!

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

I just registered in a way to support them. Am I able to pre-order the game now?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    I just registered in a way to support them. Am I able to pre-order the game now?
    Yes if you invest at least 500Gems : ) I believe. All the info is on WM website.

cheers!

Hard Road! ESWAT Veteran Barone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    Yeah, join us over there...
    By investing 500 GEMS ($50) in Project Y you guarantee an exclusive investor's edition of the game (they are promising a package even richer than the Pier Solar posterity edition's, which was already superb).
    The forum discussions are usually very cool and lighthearted there, I think you'll enjoy it.

Gromble of pirates...? Outrunner Bramsworth's Avatar

I feel like I should know, but what games out there already serve as examples of a "role playing brawler?" Streets of Rage doesn't have the role playing portion I'm assuming...?

Anyway it's great to see this project revealed a little, finally
    I'm Pro A'can

Death Adder's minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bramsworth View Post
    I feel like I should know, but what games out there already serve as examples of a "role playing brawler?" Streets of Rage doesn't have the role playing portion I'm assuming...?

Anyway it's great to see this project revealed a little, finally
    River City Ransom is a good example.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Great job on the stills Luis! I can't wait to see the final version! I imagine that the manual will be in full color and contain alot of your artwork.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Thread Information