Quantcast

Page 4 of 483 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

^Ha thanks; Just trying to imagine WTF to do in an RPG brawler, since I've never played the genre.

Disturbing? I don't know; The brawler genre itself is more disturbing then my extra ideas. lol (And from the brawlers I've played, they are not meant to be taken too seriously anyways.)

Also I want some visual over-stimulation, like Streets of Rage 2. You know, neon signs, lots of colors, & eye candy. Some blood-effects might be nice (subtle like in Shinobi III, not ridiculous like Mortal Kombat).

New weapons ideas: throwing beer bottles (full and also empty ones); Holding a broken bottle and slashing guys with it;

throwing exploding Malatov cocktails.

Maybe a couple rocks and bricks to pick up and throw sometimes.

Hey let's have some nice environmental damage; Let's smash windows on buildings, & smash cars up.

And not a lot of guns. Just a couple. For example, that cop in Final Fight CD, always seemed like u should be able to take his gun. Maybe just a pistol and also some kind of rapid-fire gun. They could even be special attacks -- whip out a machine gun and spray down the whole screen.
    Last edited by Ecco; 09-15-2012 at 07:58 AM.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

I like the environmental interactivity. I always wanted to throw an enemy onto a car hood and damage the car like in the bonus round in Final Fight. I also wouldn't mind being able to throw them threw the windshield into the car, and use the car doors as context sensitive weapons (think the drowning scene in Lethal Weapon 2).

Oh, and it would be a lot easier to take the fighting seriously if you sometimes had to run for strategic reasons. So there could be chase scenes, where you have to knock boxes and things on the ground behind you, these should probably be pure side scrolling platforming like segments. The goal of the chase strategically should be to single out an opponent, thin the herd, or just get them to have to file into a narrow corridor so they have to take you on one or two at a time.

Maybe it could be a one time scene where you fall into a nest where a knife gang lives, so everybody has knifes and you are unarmed. Otherwise having eight to twelve enemies on screen for any other segments and just fighting them all wouldn't make sense. If you had to run in the same scenario for some special scene and then just fight the same thugs any other time it'd break the verisimilitude.

The fighting mechanics is what I really want to discuss. It needs to be at a minimum as complex as Streets of Rage Remix, but I would prefer a Virtua Fighter quality move sets, counters and combos and that the enemy AI have the same. Shenmue's move upgrade system would be absolutely awesome, where the moves evolve and become more refined the more you use them. Maybe you could pick up moves from enemies too and then have to practice them on thugs to get better at them. . ... ... .. *DROOL*
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

The special-needs snowman Raging in the Streets Olls's Avatar

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

I'm tired of RPGs being released and re-released. Thumbs up for finally coming up with an action title. Even though it has some RPG elements, that's okay.

I can't wait to hear more info on this game. As soon as I get the money I'm defiantly going to pre-order.

Death Adder's minion

The deed has been done. I donated the rest of the money needed for the investor special. Now to do the hardest part: waiting.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Megadrive

Quote Originally Posted by Radtastic89 View Post
    I can't wait to hear more info on this game. As soon as I get the money I'm defiantly going to pre-order.

Soon you will be able to see more character designs and new iteration of at least one already posted.
    Luis - WM

Added a few new artworks in the first post.
    Last edited by Zebbe; 09-25-2012 at 03:41 PM.

I have now become an investor.

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Added a few new artworks in the first post.
    Nice!! I'm dinn' that tentacle arm mohawk guy.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

First game screen from Project Y released! Yes, this screen is actually in the game. It's near the beginning. You saw it here first, folks.

Click here to see it!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    First game screen from Project Y released! Yes, this screen is actually in the game. It's near the beginning. You saw it here first, folks.

Click here to see it!

HAHAHA Joe is that you from GameSack ? Man I love your videos, great stuff : ) I Still have to watch them all.

And yeah! nice first screenshot Tic! Tic! Tic! Your making a funny? I hope you like these concepts.

Later!

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Looking forward to this. I skipped out on Pier Solar but brawlers are right up my alley.

Just made my 501 gem investment, can't wait!!!

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post

Click here to see it!
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Megadrive 1MoreCastle.com - Article Part 1 and Interview Part 2 to come.

Thread Information