Quantcast

Page 431 of 656 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 9827

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Moreover, in the mean time, there will be an additional round of QC and testing.
    Rest assured everyone involved has been working hard to solve all the issues and ensure a superior product.

Oh really ? And who are these " everyone " that is working hard to ensure a superior product ? Are you kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    That sounds optimistic, but I believe it underestimates the utility of the chip.

Remember that it also serves the role of a mapper, and hardware decompressor. Never mind the baggage the Z80 multichannel PCM drivers carry with them.

Sticking with on-cart expansion is the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    There has been no evidence to suggest it's being used for anything but PCM.

Guys the main tip about this come from WM forum in this Arm post.

translated french to english

"by pixel artist, I wanted to specifically say people able to lay us hyper detailed graphics representative of the best 2D games of the golden age 16 Bit / arcade 90's.
    And for my part, I find that "by pixel artist, I wanted to specifically say people to the world.
    And for my part, I find that those of Paprium are a real demonstration of strength and talent.We are more than 95% of homebrews with the same hardware constraints that can be seen on the right and left on the web. "

Paprium is not a homebrew but an independent game, given the fact that it has been given and published.

From the images, I think there are more games in the world of pixelart / graphics. (I'm not talking about the artistic direction which is another point and a question of taste.) On the other hand it is true that one is megadrive, the game is Paprium is a real show of strength and talent.We are well above 95% of homebrews with the same hardware constraints that can be seen on the right and left on the Web."

Paprium is not a homebrew but an independent game, given the means that have been given and the number of copies that will be published.

From the images I saw of paprium, I think there are games in 2d current as well or better and better in terms of pixelart / graphics. (I'm not talking about the artistic direction which is another point and a question of taste.) On the other hand it is true that on Megadrive, the game is very pushed at the level of the display of the graphics but this is I think in party due to the custom chip.

Wildside Expert

Concerning what I said, I myself am not sure if the chip is used for the graphics but given the large backgrounds and the number of sprites displayed simultaneously, I was wondering. I think the datenmeister allows things which wouldnt be possible without it. I remember fonzie showing me ad/printed info on the DM since 2013/14 and it should have also been used for the project I worked on. I dont understand how after all this time, a problem has been encountered during the manufacturing process given this chip has been considered the cornerstone of the development from the outset...
    Last edited by Arm; 03-27-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Extreme Procrastinator Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

I recalled reading somewhere that it handled some sort of a hardware decompression. I could be wrong.

Regardless, it's probably also the mapper chip. The cartridge requires one at such a large size anyway.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner avlon's Avatar

Chalk up another new indie game lapping Paprium. In addition to Sydney Hunter finally getting released, now FX Unit Yuki has a solid release date for April 12th.
    Let's see if the DC and Mega Drive ports also beat it to market.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

I still think this delay is on purpose JUST so he can release it on the MD's 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    I still think this delay is on purpose JUST so he can release it on the MD's 30th.
    This would not surprise me.

So...October 29th y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured Priest View Post
    This would not surprise me.

So...October 29th y'all.
    Or August 14th 2019, if going by North American launch date. Or September 2020 if going by European Mega Drive launch. Anything can happen and at this point, it would not be surprising to me.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Maybe depending on the region variety you chose it will give you a different release date.

Glad there's finally an update!

What update?

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    What update?
    That vague excuse piece a page back

Proves the old saying: Some news is goodish news.

SEGA Master Nameless One madperry's Avatar

This excuse for a delay doesnt explain why the Pier Solar reprint still isnt shipping after I preordered that a year ago as well. No special chip on that holding up production!

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Guys guys, I believe in Fonzie! we'll get the game soon and it will be glorious and everything we ever dreamed off hail Sega forever 30 year anniversary best game ever SOR2 killer totally worth the wait release date 2020 but thats okay cuz excellent qualified people are working on it and a friend of a friend told me that he knows this guy who knows a guy on twitter who said that he heard about this guy who claims to have met fonzies neighbor and the game is totally gonna be released not like we ever doubted it cuz great skilled artists are working on it but they just can't talk about it cuz fonzie wants this to be a totally awesome cool release thing like back in the day so dont ask for those refunds whoops some guy who just registered and is from france just said that its all going to be okay just like i said so lets not worry and just believe in fonzie. all hail the mega drive or genesis depending on where you're from.

Thread Information