Quantcast

Page 451 of 473 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 7087

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

When WM were running votes on what type of game to make, someone asshole clearly voted for 'vaporware'.
    I command you to rise from your grave, use steroids and run around in your underwear kicking dogs.

Bio hazard lab rat loves to play scrabble..........
    Just a thought for this inciteful thread

Extreme Procrastinator Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

I mean, I get that there's an electronic lifting arm!... but the tactile requirements for scrabble?
    Last edited by Flygon; 05-13-2018 at 06:37 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker MushaAleste's Avatar

Man, October cant come soon enough. If Paprika isn't coming out, at least XenoCrisis will. But seriously is there any news on Fonzie's outrageous drama game?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by MushaAleste View Post
    Man, October cant come soon enough. If Paprika isn't coming out, at least XenoCrisis will. But seriously is there any news on Fonzie's outrageous drama game?
    On Facebook's Watermelon page at the end of March he answered some questions.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert AggroSky's Avatar

*crickets*

Quote Originally Posted by MushaAleste View Post
    Yeah, hopefully October will be the Papyrus release.

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Qjimbo View Post
    Yeah, hopefully October will be the Papyrus release.
    LOL @ Papyrus

One thing that occurred me is that both of Fonzie's games so far have tried to make the Genesis look like other consoles.
    Pier Solar tries so hard to look like a SNES RPG, with the extra colors and Mode 7-esque effects.
    Paprium looks more like a Neo Geo game, since it's a beat 'em up with big sprites and lots of layers.

Am I just imagining this or is this not what it looks like?

It would not surprise me at all if he is already planning a future title for the CD32X that looks just like an early PSX game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    LOL @ Papyrus

One thing that occurred me is that both of Fonzie's games so far have tried to make the Genesis look like other consoles.
    Pier Solar tries so hard to look like a SNES RPG, with the extra colors and Mode 7-esque effects.
    Paprium looks more like a Neo Geo game, since it's a beat 'em up with big sprites and lots of layers.

Am I just imagining this or is this not what it looks like?

It would not surprise me at all if he is already planning a future title for the CD32X that looks just like an early PSX game.
    Hummm, to me they just try to be beautiful and fun and of course, to overcome limits.

But to be honest, I dont know if there will be a new or even Paprium.

Pier Solar tries so hard to look like a SNES RPG, with the extra colors
    What extra colours?

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    What extra colours?
    Wasn't there some blurb about it hitting 183 colors on some (mostly) static screens using S/H?
    Or did I just imagine that?

Quote Originally Posted by Qjimbo View Post
    Papyrus

I guess that explains why this damn game is taking forever to be released - Fonzie has gone insane and has taken the 'old-school' approach to the extreme.
    Last edited by Bottino; 05-23-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Tiido's apprentice Wildside Expert TulioAdriano's Avatar

Wasn't there some blurb about it hitting 183 colors on some (mostly) static screens using S/H?
    Or did I just imagine that?
    You imagined that. It's true during the demo phase we were pushing the colors on the cutscenes, but later on, fonzie decided to drop all of that because "there weren't good artists to make use of that". Even backgrounds were dropped on the cutscenes. With a lot of effort I got him to do some basic backgrounds but it's just a fraction of how good it could have been.

As for trying to be like a SNES rpg, that wasn't the intention of Pier Solar. Granted, fonzie never overcame the console wars of the early 90's and still on his mission to prove how the MD > SNES. I too was like that once, but with age came the realization that the games are what matter, not so much the hardware. A testament to that is how the NES stands strong as the synonym of retro-gaming.

As for Project Y (Yeah I too think Paprium name is silly and rather call it Project Y), there's no hiding that we were trying to stand up to Streets of Rage 2 and Final Fight. But after I got isolated of the project fonzie had his own vision injected on the mix and we got what we've seen. I just hope the music is pristine as it was made by GM303, as in that realm our goal was to be on par with the quality of the music in the SOR1/SOR2.

These logos have links on them! Click! Click!

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    You imagined that. It's true during the demo phase we were pushing the colors on the cutscenes, but later on, fonzie decided to drop all of that because "there weren't good artists to make use of that". Even backgrounds were dropped on the cutscenes. With a lot of effort I got him to do some basic backgrounds but it's just a fraction of how good it could have been.

As for trying to be like a SNES rpg, that wasn't the intention of Pier Solar. Granted, fonzie never overcame the console wars of the early 90's and still on his mission to prove how the MD > SNES. I too was like that once, but with age came the realization that the games are what matter, not so much the hardware. A testament to that is how the NES stands strong as the synonym of retro-gaming.

As for Project Y (Yeah I too think Paprium name is silly and rather call it Project Y), there's no hiding that we were trying to stand up to Streets of Rage 2 and Final Fight. But after I got isolated of the project fonzie had his own vision injected on the mix and we got what we've seen. I just hope the music is pristine as it was made by GM303, as in that realm our goal was to be on par with the quality of the music in the SOR1/SOR2.
    Thanks for the explanation. I agree with you, a good game is a good game, I don't care what hardware its on. (Well, I never got into the 2600, but from the NES-era onward).

The Project Y music sample was great, I hope it sounds like that.

Thread Information