Quantcast

Page 456 of 466 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 6990

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Vetea's Avatar

Tokay ... My Hero.

Thank you for the news Tokay!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One tokay's Avatar

One cent recommendation, you may ensure to have a proper power adapter for your console before the release.
    Make sure to have an official one, or a clone having at least the same characteristics as an official one.
    No need to hurry, of course!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training jymannob's Avatar

I tested all mine this weekend and it all seems to deliver too much output voltage.
    Yet they are only composed of an AC-AC transformer and a simple diode bridge. Maybe the capacitor is too old.
    I would do a on load test in case or even see if the voltage is lower.

If any of you if you know a little better than me and have already encountered this problem I am interested in a repair solution or a good quality alternative if possible.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by jymannob View Post
    I tested all mine this weekend and it all seems to deliver too much output voltage.
    Yet they are only composed of an AC-AC transformer and a simple diode bridge. Maybe the capacitor is too old.
    I would do a on load test in case or even see if the voltage is lower.

If any of you if you know a little better than me and have already encountered this problem I am interested in a repair solution or a good quality alternative if possible.
    AFAIK it needs to be tested under an appropriate load to measure the true output voltage. Unregulated PSUs, which I believe the Mega Drive/Genesis's is, will always output more than their rated output with no load. They're designed this way as the voltage will drop as current is drawn, and their rated output voltage is always based on the rated current being drawn. Both my Mega Drive and Mega CD PSUs read significantly high with no load.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    One cent recommendation, you may ensure to have a proper power adapter for your console before the release.
    Make sure to have an official one, or a clone having at least the same characteristics as an official one.
    No need to hurry, of course!
    Why's that then?

Quote Originally Posted by Silanda View Post
    AFAIK it needs to be tested under an appropriate load to measure the true output voltage. Unregulated PSUs, which I believe the Mega Drive/Genesis's is, will always output more than their rated output with no load. They're designed this way as the voltage will drop as current is drawn, and their rated output voltage is always based on the rated current being drawn. Both my Mega Drive and Mega CD PSUs read significantly high with no load.
    Yeap most of mine will read in the ballpark of 14 - 14.5 without a load on them. Should always measure at the input pin of the VRs with the Genesis and combo stuff attached and powered to get a better idea.

I have a modified gamecube adapter I use for my combo set. Puts out a constant 14v at 3amp without a load and I want to say about 11v to the VRs under load.

Tiido's apprentice Wildside Expert TulioAdriano's Avatar

I think what tokay meant is don't go running your MD on any generic 9V, 300 mA AC adapter. If you're running original sega bricks it's in good shape, otherwise make sure that it's rated the same.

These logos have links on them! Click! Click!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training jymannob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Yeap most of mine will read in the ballpark of 14 - 14.5 without a load on them. Should always measure at the input pin of the VRs with the Genesis and combo stuff attached and powered to get a better idea.

I have a modified gamecube adapter I use for my combo set. Puts out a constant 14v at 3amp without a load and I want to say about 11v to the VRs under load.
    Thanks guys, I am reassured.
    I will test that this weekend.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    I think what tokay meant is don't go running your MD on any generic 9V, 300 mA AC adapter. If you're running original sega bricks it's in good shape, otherwise make sure that it's rated the same.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I've never had a Genesis power adapter go bad. I hope it never happens. I do have my consoles connected to a power strip at all times, and I'm in a newer house, so no weird electrical issues. I've literally, in all my years, never had a bad power adapter for any of my consoles.

I have had one sega adapter for the Genesis 2 and Gamegear..etc go bad and probably about 3 or so Atari 2600 adapters go bad in my time. But you are correct otherwise in that linear power supplies for as inefficient as they are for doing their job, do seem to be built like tanks for the most part.

Nameless One

tokay, is the release in october still something to expect ?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One tokay's Avatar

I cannot tell for sure.
    At least we are working on stuff that usually comes close to release.
    Unless there's some stuff I'm not aware of, I do not see October as being out of reach.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    I cannot tell for sure.
    At least we are working on stuff that usually comes close to release.
    Unless there's some stuff I'm not aware of, I do not see October as being out of reach.
    These Tokay words are so comforting, the mega drive needs this game to close history.
    I do not mind to delay, but what we all would like was little news.

Thread Information