Quantcast

Page 464 of 464 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464
Results 6,946 to 6,953 of 6953

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

For those desperate for Paprium news I'm proof reading the English manual along with other materials for those who invested. I've got my work cut out that's all I can say....

Don't get too excited though as I can't be certain that this is any indication of the game being complete. I can't even be 100% these are the final versions as I know Fonz chops and changes things! Anyhow my gut feeling is let's see what October brings (if anything).

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    ...I'm proof reading the English manual along with other materials for those who invested. I've got my work cut out that's all I can say....

Very cool. Is this an indication that there will be separate manuals for orher language variants? Or did you mean the "English portion" of the manual?

I think that counts at some level as 'proof of life'. Thanks for sharing this matteus.

Hey! Wait just a minute... are we back on topic?
    Sega Dude

Visit me @ Retro Megabit

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    Very cool. Is this an indication that there will be separate manuals for orher language variants? Or did you mean the "English portion" of the manual?
    The manual is multi language just the most visually impressive part is dedicated to English. I've segments of the box to proof-read too. It's worth noting that the box art, etc for Pier Solar were done well in advance of the game being released, so as I said previously see if anything turns up in October!

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Basically it's completely off-the-spec. Mega Drive uses 5V and you should never mix voltages (unless it's something like 3.3V with 5V-tolerant inputs, but even that isn't the case where we're complaining), only reason nothing has been damaged yet is because the console seems to be a beast that can take quite the beating. Not the reason you want for it to work! :​v

Admittedly I'd be more worried about the cartridges than the consoles (unlike most other people) but yeaaaah, mixing them is a bad idea. If you can't afford 5V parts then use level shifters. Making things riskier for the sake of saving off a bit of money is an asshole move.
    Yes I knew superficially about the whole DBelectronic's vs flashcarts 3.3V vs 5v affair and not worried at all for the consoles. If using those means it will not last that long, that's fine by me, an MD console costs less than half of any of the better games from its own library anyway, and I have 4 of them just in case.
    I'm more worried about what you are saying about the cartridges, though. I knew chinese repros used the wrong voltage but thought the homebrew scene used the proper methods to do so. I mean, the cost difference cannot be that huge. We are not talking about 100K or 1M copies here...
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Er, the consoles are not manufactured anymore (the new clones simply aren't good enough as replacements, they really need to step up their game), so it's not in your best interest to let them die even if there are still plenty of them. And even if that wasn't an issue, there's the obvious problem of the damn thing dying when you planned to use it and now you're wasting time and money that you could have spent on something else (as well as having ruined the day).

The main reason I said I'd be more worried about the cartridges is because my impression is that the console would be more likely to kill the cartridge than the other way (since the console is the one feeding the higher voltage - I suppose I'm missing something here). I'm surprised it even works at all.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Several former WM guys are together for Crypt of Dracula, so there's that.
    True. I've been meaning to put out some new material (other than the wallpaper I released) to highlight some of the newer stuff but life has been keeping me pretty busy as of late. Looking forward to seeing the process on TOD though.

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Er, the consoles are not manufactured anymore (the new clones simply aren't good enough as replacements, they really need to step up their game), so it's not in your best interest to let them die even if there are still plenty of them. And even if that wasn't an issue, there's the obvious problem of the damn thing dying when you planned to use it and now you're wasting time and money that you could have spent on something else (as well as having ruined the day).

The main reason I said I'd be more worried about the cartridges is because my impression is that the console would be more likely to kill the cartridge than the other way (since the console is the one feeding the higher voltage - I suppose I'm missing something here). I'm surprised it even works at all.

The general rule of thumb is:
    Minor overvoltage = Quicker heat buildup
    Minor undervolt = Slowly damage components

The cartridges tend to heat up (As stated by dBelectronics in regards to his copy
    of Pier Solar. Here: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...eating-Problem

Whereas the console's components receiving 3.3v signals from the cartridge may slowly be
    damaging them.

Thread Information