Quantcast

Page 478 of 642 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 9627

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Sounds like it's heavily reliant on people bring the items he needs to run the event anyway! I'm surprised there wasn't a request for $5000 to help with venue booking deposit 😁
    Do games for retro consoles typically get big release parties? This is the first I've heard of it happening, seems like a strange use of resources when you have contributors to the game who say they haven't been paid... but what do I know.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I don't really know what to think about this whole thing, but I would really be happy if this game came out this month. That would be a really nice surprise. That being said, still nothing to show... Was it the same with Sol Pilar? I imagine that there would be some sort of marketing blitz incoming if the game was going to release this month. Then again, if the initial run of games is going to the people that preordered, it might make sense to delay the major marketing push until the game is generating enough buzz to elicit a second run of carts. I don't really think there is any reason to resist showing the game that would result in more sales, rather than less. A month out, WM should be blasting every retro gaming site with demos, interviews, etc.

Seems too good to be true. I hope I'm totally wrong.

Gromble of pirates...? Outrunner Bramsworth's Avatar

Not so sure about that party coming through. It sounds like they have lots of equipment and people planned that they don't even have yet. Usually stuff like that has to be arranged some months in advance I'd think? Hopefully they can pull it off.
    I'm Pro A'can

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

You'll wanna car pool to Paris?
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

For the few people still awaiting for their refunds on Paypal, we are still looking for a solution at the moment
    Did they spend all that refund money on the "release" party?

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but for receiving games this month, I'm skeptical.
    Collecting shipping addresses is a process that takes weeks, based on my experience with the MGF. Many people miss the emails, get sent to spam boxes, get them "lost", or simply don't have access their to email addresses of 6 years ago anymore. Granted, I think the MGF has a method for manual filling the mailing address but still it's a process that takes weeks to complete, unless Fonzie is planning to do a first come first served approach to shipping stuff as the address arrive, which has never been done at WM.

Additionally, by saying:
    We are working hard to ensure you to receive your games around that time but we can't guarantee it at the moment.
    It's almost as saying "We can guarantee you won't receive your games around that time even though we're working hard to ensure it at the moment". It's a typical calming the masses strategy just to say later "we tried, but this and that reason prevented us from doing it".

Finally it's also quite irritating, as mentioned by NeoVamp, this party seems to have been designed to be a "mostly French" event. I don't know if this is because French folks are normally more sympathetic to Fonzie or just a lack of regards for the markets. France is hardly the country that buys more games from WM, based on data from up to 2015, it usually ranked around the 3rd or 4th place, so this clearly isn't meant to attend the majority of the fans/customers. That would be equivalent of me running a launch party in Brazil. I'm sure some people would attend but that's hardly where you could gather most of the game owners. They should at least have the email translated in full for both languages.

I hope I'm pleasantly contradicted if people start receiving their games this month, but just the logistic of gathering the mailing addresses and then the shipping itself it a multi-week affair, and has to be planned with a lot of advance actions. I find it unlikely, and I believe it's the main reason why the quote above was written.

These logos have links on them! Click! Click!

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but for receiving games this month, I'm skeptical.
    Collecting shipping addresses is a process that takes weeks, based on my experience with the MGF. Many people miss the emails, get sent to spam boxes, get them "lost", or simply don't have access their to email addresses of 6 years ago anymore. Granted, I think the MGF has a method for manual filling the mailing address but still it's a process that takes weeks to complete, unless Fonzie is planning to do a first come first served approach to shipping stuff as the address arrive, which has never been done at WM.

Additionally, by saying:

It's almost as saying "We can guarantee you won't receive your games around that time even though we're working hard to ensure it at the moment". It's a typical calming the masses strategy just to say later "we tried, but this and that reason prevented us from doing it".

Finally it's also quite irritating, as mentioned by NeoVamp, this party seems to have been designed to be a "mostly French" event. I don't know if this is because French folks are normally more sympathetic to Fonzie or just a lack of regards for the markets. France is hardly the country that buys more games from WM, based on data from up to 2015, it usually ranked around the 3rd or 4th place, so this clearly isn't meant to attend the majority of the fans/customers. That would be equivalent of me running a launch party in Brazil. I'm sure some people would attend but that's hardly where you could gather most of the game owners. They should at least have the email translated in full for both languages.

I hope I'm pleasantly contradicted if people start receiving their games this month, but just the logistic of gathering the mailing addresses and then the shipping itself it a multi-week affair, and has to be planned with a lot of advance actions. I find it unlikely, and I believe it's the main reason why the quote above was written.
    I kinda wish I'd been as blunt and to the point as you were with this Tulio He's not even requested updated postal addresses so I think you're right.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

What can I expect from this game in terms of gameplay?
    Fonzie is a good programmer?

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    Does anyone here live in the Paris area?
    I find it hard to believe there are that many people in Paris who have even heard of this game, let alone want to attend a 7pm to 6am party for it.

My guess is that the venue has an electronic music "feast" every weekend anyway and Fonzie has rented out one corner to show Paprium on a few monitors.

Nameless One

If the game DOES get released in the following 1-2 months it will still be kinda annoying that they finished the game without so much as a single progress update since the original "release date". They willingly let us believe the game was dead.

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strider1911 View Post
    If the game DOES get released in the following 1-2 months it will still be kinda annoying that they finished the game without so much as a single progress update since the original "release date". They willingly let us believe the game was dead.
    Welcome to your average WaterMelon experience.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Does anyone here live in the Paris area?
    I find it hard to believe there are that many people in Paris who have even heard of this game, let alone want to attend a 7pm to 6am party for it.

My guess is that the venue has an electronic music "feast" every weekend anyway and Fonzie has rented out one corner to show Paprium on a few monitors.
    No no I guess the venue will be rent only for paprium and many people will come, seeing what being said on french forums. Retro gaming comminuty is big in paris and many investors are french.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinkiller24 View Post
    No no I guess the venue will be rent only for paprium and many people will come, seeing what being said on french forums. Retro gaming comminuty is big in paris and many investors are french.
    Wow, really?
    Guess I would have to see the French forums.

Where is the game shipping from? China? Europe?

I don't think anyone outside of those regions can possibly receive Paprium on or before Oct. 27th considering shipping addresses have not been confirmed; and presumably nothing is in the mail right now.

So lets make a little pact. Whoever gets the game first please upload some gameplay footage. Even if you just record your screen with your phone.

Show us it's real. And you might just get repped through the roof
    Sega Dude

Visit me @ Retro Megabit

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

I noticing this a lot in the comments... I'm hoping I'm totally wrong about this but it sounds sneakily like another attempt to fill up the kitty again!

Last edited by matteus; 10-09-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Thread Information