Quantcast

Page 482 of 656 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532582 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 9827

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

These pages turn faster than a Harry Potter novel. Did I miss the part where it was officially announced that the game is no longer an RPB? Or is it just speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    These pages turn faster than a Harry Potter novel. Did I miss the part where it was officially announced that the game is no longer an RPB? Or is it just speculation?
    People are just musing about the extend of the RPG elements. No new info after the paris party announce other than a mockup of the arcade stick.

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert tokay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight View Post
    Well luckily the decision was made based on who pumped the most cash into the fraudulent GEMS system rather than on the merits.
    What's merit? How would you have defined the system better?

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    What's merit? How would you have defined the system better?
    Deciding "on the merits" means evaluating the tradeoffs of various options and choosing one. The GEMS system is not making decisions "on the merits", it is outsourcing those decisions to community members who trade money for influence.

I would improve the GEMS system by eliminating it.

Quote Originally Posted by EPSYLON EAGLE View Post
    You have forgotten that the RPG element is directly linked to the use or not of the drug that gives name to the game???
    Actually PAPRIUM is the name of the city. The drug is simply called "the BLU drug".

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight View Post
    Deciding "on the merits" means evaluating the tradeoffs of various options and choosing one. The GEMS system is not making decisions "on the merits", it is outsourcing those decisions to community members who trade money for influence.

I would improve the GEMS system by eliminating it.
    Who would evaluate these options?
    The team? The people who pre ordered the game? Anyone registered on the site? Anyone visiting the site?
    Aside from the team (I hope), I still see the possibility for people to create multiple accounts to vote.
    In the end, it's not so easy to define a system that would be considered valid by everyone.

(I still think that one rich guy influencing the whole game development isn't good)

Quote Originally Posted by tokay View Post
    Who would evaluate these options?
    The team? The people who pre ordered the game? Anyone registered on the site? Anyone visiting the site?
    Aside from the team (I hope), I still see the possibility for people to create multiple accounts to vote.
    In the end, it's not so easy to define a system that would be considered valid by everyone.

(I still think that one rich guy influencing the whole game development isn't good)
    The team, obviously. They're the ones making the game. They're the ones with context and (hopefully) a vision for the final object.

It's hard to prove a universal negative. Maybe there's a good way to crowd-source the decision making process of game design. But the GEMS voting system is at best misguided and at worse a ruse to shake down gullible consumers for extra cash.
    Last edited by Genesis Knight; 10-15-2018 at 01:53 PM.

OK, I understand your point better now.
    I also think it's not good to ask people for their opinion too much. Games I prefer are the ones with a strong identity, not delivering fan service.
    And I must admit that I was concerned when the shoot 'em up genre was leading the polls all of a sudden (sorry if you voted for this one ;-) )!
    Hopefully this was the last time WM used such a system.

I can't imagine what the reaction would be if WM announces another game. When was the last time they gave status on Project N?

Some more information on the party, posted by psymi:

To all,
    Just a short clarification about our big event.
    As you know we will open the doors at 7 pm until... late night.
    The party will be split in 2.

From 7 to 11 : we celebrate the MegaDrive / Genesis 30th birthday. You will be able to play PAPRIUM, enjoy foods, drinks, small talk with the team, some chiptune DJ.

No trash, no leather or SM.

From 12 to early morning : we switch into electro party. Nothing bad, some outside will join and some of them like leather :-) but they won't come early.

Keep cool, and join us.

September 2015 I think. This will be tough to restart the project if it was really put on hold as some claim it to be.
    There is also Vixen, which is said to be quite advanced. But the latter was not crowd funded.
    Anyhow, I cannot wait to play PAPRIUM, listening to its crazy music: https://soundcloud.com/groovemaster3...sic-sampler-v2

I hope the soundtrack will be available to buy digitally. When it comes to music, I just have zero interest in having it physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapha7 View Post
    Some more information on the party, posted by psymi:
    OK what ?

Quote Originally Posted by smurdd View Post
    I hope the soundtrack will be available to buy digitally. When it comes to music, I just have zero interest in having it physical.
    In the worst case you can just rip it! ;-)

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

I guess that it's inevitable now that Paprium will go it's entire development without a single undoctored screenshot or video being shown.

Hopefully partygoers will be playing a setup without anything obscured between the hardware and TV inputs. This is a much more vague event than the last time they pretended the game was about to ship and out of nowhere released an expensive commercial, all just to drum up more preorder cash before going silent again.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Thread Information