Quantcast

Page 5 of 548 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Cool. I imagine after I see screens is when I'll take the plunge and pre-order with magical gems. As far as the game comparing to Streets of Rage, etc, yeah those comparisons will be unavoidable. I just hope they don't try to "out Streets of Rage Streets of Rage" but just make this game as good as possible as a stand-alone game. So while I imagine many might waste time saying it's inferior to Streets of Rage or Final Fight or Rival Turf as an excuse not to buy it, we are at least getting another beat em up and I highly doubt it's gonna be weak like, say, Growl.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Lightbulb

CE's notes for 16-bit era bmups:

1. keep sprite sizes down to increase the playfield (maybe use 320x480i?) and shove more enemies on screen (bk3 sends enemies out of screen to give the impression of more enemies on screen at once)

2. use few basic enemies with different weapons to provide more variety with less work (ala TMNT)

3. borrow existing source material (ie. extract from Open Beats of Rage PAK files, or SORR) and rework/redraw what you need

4. prolong deadlines, 2013 isn't exactly a realistic goal. Maybe 12/2013, but I cannot imagine you getting this done earlier.

5. don't forget Axel and Blaze clones for players to identify with
    Last edited by retrospiel; 10-17-2012 at 08:28 PM.

I think players can identify with new original characters, clones aren't needed. It will just come off as a lazy rip-off.

I think you should just take everyone's money and run for the hills.
    Be Attitude For Gains!

not a real fan Raging in the Streets old man's Avatar

Make sure there are herms and gay guys you can beat up. Those are what make or break a fighting game for me. We don't want our girlfriends getting kidnapped by guys that are going to "do stuff" with them.

WaterMelon Road Rasher XGoldenboyX's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Cool. I imagine after I see screens is when I'll take the plunge and pre-order with magical gems. As far as the game comparing to Streets of Rage, etc, yeah those comparisons will be unavoidable. I just hope they don't try to "out Streets of Rage Streets of Rage" but just make this game as good as possible as a stand-alone game. So while I imagine many might waste time saying it's inferior to Streets of Rage or Final Fight or Rival Turf as an excuse not to buy it, we are at least getting another beat em up and I highly doubt it's gonna be weak like, say, Growl.
    Thank you Joe, glad to hear your opinion, well hehe! just like your show, you always have an opinion. Go Sega! except you wont be able to steal me a copy of a game haha!
    I agree, we will do our best to create an original game, after all the goal is to make another great game for our loved console the Sega Genesis. On that, he he he I do somewhat like Growl :P

Also thank you for everyone else's comments as well.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Easter eggs, the game MUST have easter eggs! I love little stuff like this.

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

I liked the Swine Flu joke in Pier Solar, hopefully there's something similar to that in this beat em up.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

All I can hope for is that the writing be at least as good as that of Pier Solar.

Well Zebbe's there so it will have some humor for sure (he's the one who put most of it in Pier Solar). But I don't think people play beat 'em ups for the story. By the way, will there be a novelization of this game?

I'm glad you like that joke Guntz, I wrote it during the crazy times of the swine flu :P. Something similar in Project Y should be possible, as there will be drugs in this game, however the overall humour level of Pier Solar will be harder to reach, since it is darker and will be less to interact with this time around.

A novelization? Why not! Who contacts the Road Avenger writer for us?

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    I'm glad you like that joke Guntz, I wrote it during the crazy times of the swine flu :P. Something similar in Project Y should be possible, as there will be drugs in this game, however the overall humour level of Pier Solar will be harder to reach, since it is darker and will be less to interact with this time around.

A novelization? Why not! Who contacts the Road Avenger writer for us?
    (Insert bathsalt zombie joke here)

I'm going to buy pier solar, and I will buy this next game.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

So, are they still doing like an investor edition or special edition or whatever of this game then?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Yeah, what makes you think we will not? Check this page: http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en...ty_2/specials/

Thread Information