Quantcast

Page 501 of 548 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 8215

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

It looks to me like Barone was right about the game the whole time. If my money had been tied up in something as farcical as this I would be kicking doors down for an explanation by now, yet there's still people defending the project.

This may be a stupid question, but what does Fonzie do for a living? I guess Paprium isn't paying his bills, and I doubt he's spent 5+ years working full time on the hilariously bad demo that's been shown.
    I command you to rise from your grave, use steroids and run around in your underwear kicking dogs.

Last edited by zredgemz; 10-28-2018 at 11:31 AM.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    Try reading the rest of that thread. Going to the gamepat forums now.
    See what you can scrap from gamepat.

a.k.a. ManuLöwe Sports Talker Ramsis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sut View Post
    On a positive the game is real, it exists.
    You think? And where is the "game", exactly?

I just asked for a full refund (even though I don't really expect to get even so much as a reply from WM).

Tiido's apprentice Wildside Expert TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but what does Fonzie do for a living? I guess Paprium isn't paying his bills, and I doubt he's spent 5+ years working full time on the hilariously bad demo that's been shown.
    Before the Kickstarter, and then after he blew up the budget for "his" games, Fonzie was always living out of family loans, as far as I know. Before I quit my job to be full time at WM during the Pier Solar HD time, I asked him why he wouldn't get a part time work as a freelancer, but his response is that "working for others made him unhappy. He can't work unless he's his own boss".

So for what it's worth he may actually still be full time on the game. After I left the company he can do with the money as he pleases so he may be paying his bills out of residual income and preorder money. It's hard to tell. But wouldn't surprise me if he's still getting loans to fund eccentric things like this party.

These logos have links on them! Click! Click!

Quote Originally Posted by Arm View Post
    The text in french says: 'Fonzie said different things according to the person he spoke to. To one, he would say it (what was shown?)was due to the chip, to others that the build he had brought wasn't the correct one. Likewise, as it comes to manufacture, he would say to some not before Christmas, then not before next year to eventually say the process isn't complete because he would need an investor's help, he hasn't found yet.
    Yes, I was referring to another post I saw yesterday evening about what he said on the enemies, maybe it wasn't on FB... Can't find it anymore.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    They said that has a playable version runnig on PC, maybe that is the version of Goldenboy was played, but make it runs on MD is a whole different story and it can explain the bugs
    That's what I've thought since the beginning. The game was likely made on a PC, which is normal, get a PC version running first and then port it over. But it doesn't seem to be working, maybe because there's just too many tiles to update on every frame, this is not the Neo Geo. So the next step is to add an extra processor to free up resources, but I don't think it's helping that much, if my understanding of the architecture is correct the DSP can't actually update the VRAM, only the 68k can do that.

Keep in mind all these glitches are happening on a PAL console too, on NTSC the VRAM bandwidth is even lower!

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Lets start a kickstarter for a plane ticket, and get luis to kick fonzie in the nuts. Better investment than actual game.
    There's an epic game in that idea. I'm thinking "Paprium: The Bruce Luis Story".

Road Rasher

I just hope all the people who went to that party were local to the area! Imagine if you had spent money on a plane ticket, hotel etc and see that. Fonzie was smart to hire those guys in MMA attire to stand by him all night, he's lucky he didn't get punched in the face by an investor.

Also: I think we now know why that arcade machine didn't work!
    http://www.gamopat-forum.com/t101293...aprium#2895002

I see two connectors coming out of the cart. One is probably to flash it, could the other be for a power supply? It will be hilarious if it turns out that DSP (or is it an FPGA?) is drawing too much current for the cart slot.
    Last edited by axel; 10-28-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I've mentioned this before, multiple times, but at what point does the community just call a cigar a cigar? This seems like a complete debacle, brought on by incompetence at best, and a drawn out scam at worst. I'm just as guilty as the next investor, having money in the game, while criticizing the moment something looks sketchy, but doing nothing to discourage or otherwise curb the mishandling of funds, lack of development transparency, and complete lack of information on the product.

I just think that getting the word out in a bigger way, could possibly get the retro community as a whole to start looking at the teams/individuals that make this stuff, differently. This kind of BS has happened before, and the retro gaming community tends to get taken advantage of by these sorts of well-intentioned psuesdo-conmen on the regular.

There's a look, smell, and nature to these sorts of crowd funded projects that needs to be discussed, so we can help keep this kinda stuff from happening.

I'd be perfectly fine with Paprium, and WM imploding, if it meant that the community as a whole learned how to sniff this kind of nonsense out, and cut it off at the knees before it gets to a point where members have tons of money invested. I love the idea of retro game devs being more like Vetea, and Bitmap Bureau, and never like WM. I think the only way to get to that point is to discourage this kind of behavior, and make it harder for scam artists to get any attention, let alone, any funding.
    Last edited by SEGA-Jorge; 10-28-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsis View Post
    You think? And where is the "game", exactly?

I just asked for a full refund (even though I don't really expect to get even so much as a reply from WM).
    Finally, someone with enough self respect to ask for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    So for what it's worth he may actually still be full time on the game.
    On the game? Are you saying he's a whore?

Ok, seriously though, this is why I'm not a fan of crowdfunding anymore. A bank would tell someone like that to get lost, checks would be made to make sure investors aren't giving money to someone who has very little to show after 6 years of alleged work.
    I command you to rise from your grave, use steroids and run around in your underwear kicking dogs.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One majinga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    I see two connectors coming out of the cart. One is probably to flash it, could the other be for a power supply? It will be hilarious if it turns out that DSP (or is it an FPGA?) is drawing too much current for the cart slot.
    Probably is a jtag connector.

Here there is a picture of the connector on the top of the PCB.

Road Rasher

Thanks you are right, looks exactly like that.

Wildside Expert

A lot of people living in denial around here, I know game development can be hard and delays will happen, and i would tolerate such delays if communication was clear about it. But he fuckin announced the game was shipping THIS week and we could play it at the party!!!! How can you trust this guy after so many lies, you are already making excuses for him and still believe it might release soon! Fonzie is like a cult leader, and a lot of people have been brainwashed , pathetic

Tiido's apprentice Wildside Expert TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    The cart doesn't need additional power supply but there's a clear warning about using unofficial "unstable" power supplies.

These logos have links on them! Click! Click!

Thread Information