Quantcast

Page 533 of 548 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 8215

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

BANG Wildside Expert Gadispalembang's Avatar

I was expecting more than a game. I was expecting bread.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gadispalembang View Post
    I was expecting more than a game. I was expecting bread.
    No, that's for the best. The bread wouldn't be so fresh after years of delay. Besides, stale or not, that'd remind those bakers of work.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Yes but he's doing a promo talk (you can hear it from his tone on this video) so he's talking about Paprium being the last WM megadrive game.
    He never says it will be "our last game", "my last game", or "WM last game", the sentence is clearly "THE last MD game".
    His ego is so watermelon-sized he thinks it'll be the end-all be-all MD game, "après moi le déluge"...

I think he meant the 'latest' MD game, not the last, just the last one to come out so far.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
    I think he meant the 'latest' MD game, not the last, just the last one to come out so far.
    Which MD game wasn't the latest at some point?
    Anyway, what he said didn't make much sense because he was just looking for his words as he spoke live. Taking the context in consideration, by "last", he probably meant "ultimate".

Also, he said the 32x doesn't add much other than extra colors... There are plenty of reasons that may deter people from making 32x games (not iconic or memorable, dead on arrival, few people have one, hard to program for...), but Fonzie's argument didn't sound convincing to me. But he said it wasn't worth making 2 games, one for the MD and one for the 32x, which shows he actually dismissed *some* of the feature ideas that passed through his mind. He didn't try to implement every single thing he could think of, after all. Impressive self-restraint.
    Last edited by Stifu; 11-09-2018 at 04:55 PM.

a.k.a. ManuLöwe Sports Talker Ramsis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    But he said it wasn't worth making 2 games, one for the MD and one for the 32x
    My French may be a tad rusty, but that's not what he said at all.
    I'm currently selling my sealed copy of Pier Solar (EUR, first print): eBay link

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsis View Post
    My French may be a tad rusty, but that's not what he said at all.
    He said he can't afford it, which doesn't seem all that different to me.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

He said he can't afford it, which doesn't seem all that different to me.
    Doesn't even seem he can afford the Mega Drive one at the moment...

Road Rasher

Also, he said the 32x doesn't add much other than extra colors... There are plenty of reasons that may deter people from making 32x games (not iconic or memorable, dead on arrival, few people have one, hard to program for...), but Fonzie's argument didn't sound convincing to me. But he said it wasn't worth making 2 games, one for the MD and one for the 32x, which shows he actually dismissed *some* of the feature ideas that passed through his mind. He didn't try to implement every single thing he could think of, after all. Impressive self-restraint.
    Good point!!!
    The funny part is that in retrospect maybe it would have been easier to just make a 32X game.
    Not that the 32X is perfect by any means but at least there are some resources for it over on Spritesmind for handling 2D stuff, I'd rather start with that than a custom chip where you have to design everything from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Good point!!!
    The funny part is that in retrospect maybe it would have been easier to just make a 32X game.
    Not that the 32X is perfect by any means but at least there are some resources for it over on Spritesmind for handling 2D stuff, I'd rather start with that than a custom chip where you have to design everything from scratch.
    It wouldn't have raised enough cash... There isn't sufficient 32x ownership to make it worth the effort.

@Stifu We're talking about this video still, aren't we?

What that Fonzie woman actually says is this: In order to make her (non-existant) "game" work on the 32X, she would have to cut features from the MD/Genesis version.

What this translates to is this: Paprika, if it ever comes out, won't be compatible with the 32X. This, and nothing more or less, was what she said.

Sorry!
    I'm currently selling my sealed copy of Pier Solar (EUR, first print): eBay link

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    It wouldn't have raised enough cash... There isn't sufficient 32x ownership to make it worth the effort.
    Yeah. I get that. It's a shame there will probably never be a game that shows off what the 32X could have done. The SH-2 is up on OpenCores so presumably one could emulate it in an FPGA, but then you still need that video mixing cable. It would be great if someone made a Neptune using the same design as the Analogue Mega SG but I doubt the demand is there.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker jymannob's Avatar

I understood it this way:
    The 32x does not allow him to take advantage of all the features he uses on the megadrive and would therefore be forced to remove features of the game.
    For him the 32x does not add much more technically other than a greater number of colors.
    But he also talks about making the game compatible 32x and megadrive. So have 2 games in the same cartridge. (What is the question here ? Jeopardy time )

In any case the interview is cut and without the questions. It is difficult to fully understand the meaning without the context even for me who am French.

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Yeah. I get that. It's a shame there will probably never be a game that shows off what the 32X could have done. The SH-2 is up on OpenCores so presumably one could emulate it in an FPGA, but then you still need that video mixing cable. It would be great if someone made a Neptune using the same design as the Analogue Mega SG but I doubt the demand is there.
    I keep hoping we might get an FPGA of the 32x but we'll have to wait and see.

If 32x ownship had been sufficient he could have used the mega drive for sprites and the 32x for backgrounds like most other games developed for the system.

Quote Originally Posted by jymannob View Post
    I understood it this way:
    The 32x does not allow him to take advantage of all the features he uses on the megadrive and would therefore be forced to remove features of the game.
    Fair enough, French brother. But does this interpretation make any sense to you? I.e., with the 32X (an add-on whose tremendous power needs no further explanation), he's even more restricted in features?? WTF???

Thread Information